+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some GCMS ATIP questions

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Yes, LPP shows completed..on Feb this year, but when I called ircc and spoke with the agent, he told me, since you took your citizenship test OUTSIDE of Canada, it is non routine now..
Did they explain what that means? When I talked to them, they told me that if it is under normal processing time it is always routine, and once it passes that time it becomes non-routine.
I was trying to get any info about whether my application is non-routine and why it was referred to L2, but that was all I got. And at the time it was still under normal processing time by a couple weeks.
When I called later they still said it is routine, and that they would email Montreal office, since now it is overdue. But so far no change on my tracker.

Though I think a lot of times they are just BSing us, or maybe they don't know what they are talking about... I suspect that they have a high turnover of untrained remote workers at their call centers, who quit before they get properly trained.

I was under the impression that once everything except oath is green, you're on a home run. There is one last prohibitions check, but taking the test outside of Canada should not affect this. You already passed presence, so what else is there that could be non-routine?

I guess the call center's job is to placate us by saying whatever would get us out of their hair, and let IRCC employees continue not doing anything in peace. With the amount of taxes I am paying to support that, I am pretty annoyed.

mimi2303

Apr 23, 2023
Did they explain what that means? When I talked to them, they told me that if it is under normal processing time it is always routine, and once it passes that time it becomes non-routine.
I was trying to get any info about whether my application is non-routine and why it was referred to L2, but that was all I got. And at the time it was still under normal processing time by a couple weeks.
When I called later they still said it is routine, and that they would email Montreal office, since now it is overdue. But so far no change on my tracker.

Though I think a lot of times they are just BSing us, or maybe they don't know what they are talking about... I suspect that they have a high turnover of untrained remote workers at their call centers, who quit before they get properly trained.

I was under the impression that once everything except oath is green, you're on a home run. There is one last prohibitions check, but taking the test outside of Canada should not affect this. You already passed presence, so what else is there that could be non-routine?

I guess the call center's job is to placate us by saying whatever would get us out of their hair, and let IRCC employees continue not doing anything in peace. With the amount of taxes I am paying to support that, I am pretty annoyed.
I agree...it depends on whoever you got on the day when you call, as one agent told me last week it's still routine, then another agent the other day said no it's non routine, I asked: why? Reason? He said it's because you took a citizenship test outside of Canada, saying that whoever takes their test outside it's automatically turning into NON routine. And he said that I now have to wait till I get an email from them inviting me for an interview first, then only they will make a decision! When I asked when do I expect approximately this interview? He said: NO IDEA. you just have to wait, that's it. Leaving us like this, desperate, helples, bullying..what is this..I never even asked to take the test outside of Canada, I sent them email saying can I take the test once I arrive in Canada, but they let me take the test themselves..and now punishing fir being outside! For me waiting for 30 months, it's a joke!

Reactions: johnjkjk

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I agree...it depends on whoever you got on the day when you call, as one agent told me last week it's still routine, then another agent the other day said no it's non routine, I asked: why? Reason? He said it's because you took a citizenship test outside of Canada, saying that whoever takes their test outside it's automatically turning into NON routine. And he said that I now have to wait till I get an email from them inviting me for an interview first, then only they will make a decision! When I asked when do I expect approximately this interview? He said: NO IDEA. you just have to wait, that's it. Leaving us like this, desperate, helples, bullying..what is this..I never even asked to take the test outside of Canada, I sent them email saying can I take the test once I arrive in Canada, but they let me take the test themselves..and now punishing fir being outside! For me waiting for 30 months, it's a joke!
I heard that some people had some luck getting some progress on their applications by contacting press. I think I saw something on this forum about CTV. I very often see reports of IRCC issues in the media, so may be one thing to try. I am guessing they might reach out to IRCC for a comment on your case, and that may make things move.

My plan for the moment is to try to get more concrete information about my status by following up through the email mentioned in the ATIP mailout email, and also request MP's assistant to ask Montreal office about the same.

Then I might consider going to the press if I figure that my story is interesting enough. With how incompetent IRCC employees appear, maybe we could get it a rather entertaining spin.
Next I'll get a legal consultation. Maybe they would have good advice based on the information I have, maybe I'll have to follow with mandamus.

I was also thinking about collecting some data about processing times and doing some analysis and making colorful figures. One interesting thing to look at is number of application processed vs number of months processing took. That would be a good addition to any public discussion or activism.
The data could come from our unofficial spreadsheets, or we could try to request it through ATIP.
Though ATIP might take a very long time, so maybe best to start that now. There was a person on this forum who was trying to get some policy info out of IRCC through ATIP, and that was a big challenge.

mimi2303

Apr 23, 2023
I heard that some people had some luck getting some progress on their applications by contacting press. I think I saw something on this forum about CTV. I very often see reports of IRCC issues in the media, so may be one thing to try. I am guessing they might reach out to IRCC for a comment on your case, and that may make things move.

My plan for the moment is to try to get more concrete information about my status by following up through the email mentioned in the ATIP mailout email, and also request MP's assistant to ask Montreal office about the same.

Then I might consider going to the press if I figure that my story is interesting enough. With how incompetent IRCC employees appear, maybe we could get it a rather entertaining spin.
Next I'll get a legal consultation. Maybe they would have good advice based on the information I have, maybe I'll have to follow with mandamus.

I was also thinking about collecting some data about processing times and doing some analysis and making colorful figures. One interesting thing to look at is number of application processed vs number of months processing took. That would be a good addition to any public discussion or activism.
The data could come from our unofficial spreadsheets, or we could try to request it through ATIP.
Good strategy! I am also thinking to take some actions, as it's really not fair. Some ppl applying recently and it's taking ab 8 months from A to Z. Re the press, it might an option, but when I got in touch with CTV last year, it was actually useless, may be my situation was not interesting for them enough. Re MP, I was in touch with their office, however, they told me basically same what I hear every time from IRCC, just wait.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Good strategy! I am also thinking to take some actions, as it's really not fair. Some ppl applying recently and it's taking ab 8 months from A to Z. Re the press, it might an option, but when I got in touch with CTV last year, it was actually useless, may be my situation was not interesting for them enough. Re MP, I was in touch with their office, however, they told me basically same what I hear every time from IRCC, just wait.
How did you get in touch with CTV?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I received my notes from CBSA and there is a line where it says the following:
“E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready” on the GCMS. Anyone know what it means?

FYI my application still pending BG my criminality is passed but security is in process since March 10th

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
@benali , I applied for GCMS notes, and saw the same thing "Location: E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready".

Did you happen to find out what it means? Were you called for an interview?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
@benali , I applied for GCMS notes, and saw the same thing "Location: E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready".

Did you happen to find out what it means? Were you called for an interview?
Hi,

No I haven't heard anything the last update on my application is 5 months ago. I'm still stuck in security.