+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some GCMS ATIP questions

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I finally received my ATIP notes, after several unsuccessful attempts, but not sure how to interpret some of the data.
I tried calling IRCC, but could not get through to an alive agent. I applied a bit over 21 months ago, so now I am starting to get very concerned about not having any updates on my application for over a year.
I still have LPP in progress, oath not started. (Edit: according to ATIP, LPP are also not started)

One line says "LOCATION: E-grant Review Ready PM03"
Has anybody seen something similar? Is it a good sign, or doesn't mean anything?

Criminality clearance is passed, but security clearance section has only 4 lines: UCI, my name and clearance type. So, I assume the rest of the lines are redacted?
Is it likely that it is in progress? Does it correspond to prohibitions, or something else? My background check is marked as passed in tracker.
Does anybody have any idea which agency is doing security clearance?

There is also a note saying "Application referred from L1 to L2". Any idea what that might mean? It seems that this was done when my RCMP check was renewed, but not sure if it is related.

Last edited:

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I finally received my ATIP notes, after several unsuccessful attempts, but not sure how to interpret some of the data.
I tried calling IRCC, but could not get through to an alive agent. I applied a bit over 21 months ago, so now I am starting to get very concerned about not having any updates on my application for over a year.
I still have LPP in progress, oath not started.

Has anybody seen something similar? Is it a good sign, or doesn't mean anything?

Criminality clearance is passed, but security clearance section has only 4 lines: UCI, my name and clearance type. So, I assume the rest of the lines are redacted?
Is it likely that it is in progress? Does it correspond to prohibitions, or something else? My background check is marked as passed in tracker.

There is also a note saying "Application referred from L1 to L2". Any idea what that might mean? It seems that this was done when my RCMP check was renewed, but not sure if it is related.
To my knowledge you don't need to worry about the background. Your application is under LPP level 2 review. you can see your app is assigned to agent or not. If have a code agent, that means she/he are reviewing it and it will complete soon, i hope .

Reactions: bas12

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
To my knowledge you don't need to worry about the background. Your application is under LPP level 2 review. you can see your app is assigned to agent or not. If have a code agent, that means she/he are reviewing it and it will complete soon, i hope .
What is LPP level 2 review?

It seems that it is assigned with a due date of April 1.
I was planning to contact my MP next, not sure if it is better to do it now, or wait a week after April 1?

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
What is LPP level 2 review?

It seems that it is assigned with a due date of April 1.
I was planning to contact my MP next, not sure if it is better to do it now, or wait a week after April 1?
Which date did your app assigned to agent level 2?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Which date did your app assigned to agent level 2?
It was referred on Feb 2, not sure when/if it was assigned. There is nothing in the file about this.
But it is assigned to RD00972 now with a due date of April 1, might be related or not.

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
It was referred on Feb 2, not sure when/if it was assigned. There is nothing in the file about this.
But it is assigned to RD00972 now with a due date of April 1, might be related or not.
You can read this to get more information about decision made.

Timeframe to make a decision
  • The Act and Regulations do not specify a time period in which citizenship officers must make their decision. However, for consistency and timeliness, officers are, to the extent possible, strongly encouraged to make their decision within 60 days after the day on which the application is referred to them.
  • Citizenship judges have 60 days after the day on which the application is referred to them to make a decision. Judges can also render decisions without the personal appearance of the applicant, through requests for additional documentation or via the procedural fairness model. Officers should regularly review cases to ensure that files directed to a judge for decision are completed within the 60-day timeframe.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/decisions/decision-making-procedures.html

Reactions: bas12

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Thanks! That looks relevant. One can hope that they won't just ignore the deadline like all the deadlines before this one.

Reactions: Once again

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Well, nothing happened so far despite the April 1 deadline. I contacted my MP office, maybe they will get more info out of them.

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I still have LPP in progress, oath not started. (Edit: according to ATIP, LPP are also not started)

I have the same except I don't have level 2.(bg & test passed)

I have a weird oath due date marked for 2022 may (I applied in 2022 February..so that's impossible-lol) as well under the oath section it says "no show: N"...what does that mean?

I don't know what the "location:e-grant review ready pm03" means..I have the same written for that too.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

Hi have you got any update? My latest notes also says review ready PM03. Concerned that this means RQ

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
No updates so far.

I emailed the MP office, they contacted IRCC, but IRCC told them that normal processing is 24 months (instead of 22 for some reason, I guess they are not in the loop on their own processing times)

I also called IRCC last week, and asked them why it says that LPP are "not started" in ATIP, and "in progress" in the tracker. They say that they are all not started, "in progress" in the tracker doesn't mean anything. So, I guess nothing at all was done since March 2022, other than renewing the background check.
They also told me that it is only language and presence that needs to be done, and no need to worry about prohibitions. Which is pretty strange that they would have to send it to a more experienced officer, since there is really nothing to do: my english test is the same as when I applied for PR, and I haven't traveled between landing and applying for citizenship.

She also promised to send an email to Montreal office, since after 22 months the application is overdue. But no updates in the tracker yet :(

• Sad
Reactions: johnjkjk

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
No updates so far.

I emailed the MP office, they contacted IRCC, but IRCC told them that normal processing is 24 months (instead of 22 for some reason, I guess they are not in the loop on their own processing times)

I also called IRCC last week, and asked them why it says that LPP are "not started" in ATIP, and "in progress" in the tracker. They say that they are all not started, "in progress" in the tracker doesn't mean anything. So, I guess nothing at all was done since March 2022, other than renewing the background check.
They also told me that it is only language and presence that needs to be done, and no need to worry about prohibitions. Which is pretty strange that they would have to send it to a more experienced officer, since there is really nothing to do: my english test is the same as when I applied for PR, and I haven't traveled between landing and applying for citizenship.

She also promised to send an email to Montreal office, since after 22 months the application is overdue. But no updates in the tracker yet :(
I don't know what Montreal office is doing. It's frustrating.

hope there's news for you soon!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
No updates so far.

Have you got notes recently?

My LPP also says not started. Location previously said test ready but in April it changed to review ready pm03. There seems to an officer assigned.

Reactions: ppcg2510

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Have you got notes recently?

My LPP also says not started. Location previously said test ready but in April it changed to review ready pm03. There seems to an officer assigned.
They generated the notes in early march, but sent them to me 3 weeks later. I think I had an officer assigned since February, the deadline was April 1, but I guess they missed it.

I also received ATIP notes from CBSA in early April, that were generated around April 4, with the same information (My previous GCMS requests were ignored, so I lost hope of getting anything from IRCC at that point, and figured I'd try CBSA instead with an excuse of getting my travel history).