Hi,Hey, thanks for the details.
We are planning to do a similar soft landing in some days and I was wondering If you can help on below things:
1. Do they allow you taking your car for soft landing as I have read many posts where they don't allow as you do not import car at this stage ?
2. I understand that the border can be crossed from any of the bridges for soft landing. Any preferred for smooth movement ?
3. How did you managed with the car insurance as your US insurance would not work in Canada?
thanks in Advance for your time here!
I am not sure if you have already done the short landing...
We have just returned from Canada to US after short landing by road.
1. We drove our car which is on loan. Had no problems. No questions were asked. Make sure you do carry Original or copy of title(if on loan), Loan agreement original copy, incase they want to have a look.
2. Peace bridge was very smooth for us. You may also take Rainbow bridge.
3. We checked with our Auto Insurance and they said that it will work in Canada. Ours was Liberty Mutual.
Hope this helps! Goodluck