Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Can anybody advice/suggest in how many days (approx) does the CIC sends an photo request for the PR card?
Its rare. I submitted the photos before but for some reason they asked again only for me after approx 45 days as i mentioned before.

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
What do you mean given you need to send the photos with the PR card application as is clearly stated in the document checklist. IRCC will only make contact about the photos provided with an application if they are not to specification or if someone doesnt send them in at all..
It actually happened to me and our photos were according to specs, they placed a visa, I landed and my wife's PR card received but for my case they asked me to re-send 2 photos with stamp on back from a Canadian photographer. They didn't mention any thing about my previous photos may be they lost it or specs problem. I sent them again and my card was issued after a month. So my expiration date of PR card is one month after my wife's one.

Shoaib79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Dear All,

I will be doing soft landing in December 2018. My question is regarding goods accompanied and goods to follow forms. Where should I show the gold and jewelry? one of my friend who recently did his soft landing asked me to show it on goods accompanied form (although gold may not be actually with me). I am a bit confused. If I show it on goods accompanied form would they asked me to show it to them? do they really do that?

Further, I was advised by a friend to show funds in transit for the property I have, in goods to follow form. He said if they ask you can tell that you have put all your property up for sale and that these are the funds expected to be generated from sales. is it a good idea to do so?

Appreciate an expert advice.

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear All,

I will be doing soft landing in December 2018. My question is regarding goods accompanied and goods to follow forms. Where should I show the gold and jewelry? one of my friend who recently did his soft landing asked me to show it on goods accompanied form (although gold may not be actually with me). I am a bit confused. If I show it on goods accompanied form would they asked me to show it to them? do they really do that?

Further, I was advised by a friend to show funds in transit for the property I have, in goods to follow form. He said if they ask you can tell that you have put all your property up for sale and that these are the funds expected to be generated from sales. is it a good idea to do so?

Thanks
If you are not bringing the gold and jewelry with you, then you should not put them in goods accompanied form. Instead put them in the goods to follow form.
Also, if you are not selling your properties yet, you don't need to show "funds in transit". When you sold them, you will need to put them in your tax return. And the value that you will be taxed is based on the difference of the property value when you became PR vs the price it's being sold. (gain after you became a resident)
You may have to report them but not get taxed yet when you file tax if you property exceed certain value. Check with your accountant when you file your tax next year.

Nov 9, 2017
Can anyone who recently softlanding please confirm this?
Do we need to fill goods to follow list for soft landing? We r going to softland this week and will return back in 4 days hence goods list will be less.

Tonex_E

Apr 9, 2018
I'll be doing soft landing in December to return after 6 - 15 months.

Please, what are the things I should sort out within my short stay?

Is it advisable to open a checking bank account, and get a phone plan to be able to access internet when I'm outside?

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Dear All,

Thanks
Regarding gold, I took clear photos and set them into a page with the Canadian amount they stamped those pages.

Reactions: hahaHHH

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Do we need to fill goods to follow list for soft landing? We r going to softland this week and will return back in 4 days hence goods list will be less.
goods to follow and goods accompanied lists are for first entry only. even you stay for 2 days or 1 day once you enters the Canada, the visa issued to you is no longer working. You can not re-enter using the same visa... you need a PR card to re-enter and they will not process you as first entry every time. So make your lists right now for the first entry.

dhanu

Oct 5, 2017
Hai friends,
Me too in the same boat. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks.

muhammedf84

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I need some clarity. My family including my wife and 2 kids made our first landing on the 25th October. After landing I tried to link my PR application to my CIC portal account. I was only able to link for myself and 2 kids. as for my wife it kept displaying an error.After checking on a couple of forums I was told its okay as sometimes you are unable to link the application.

I received the PR cards on 22nd dec for myself and the kids ONLY. My wifes card has still not been received. My understanding was that if they issue they will do so for the whole family. I am a little worried and have raised a query on the CIC portal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what further can I do? any advise would be appreciated.

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I need some clarity. My family including my wife and 2 kids made our first landing on the 25th October. After landing I tried to link my PR application to my CIC portal account. I was only able to link for myself and 2 kids. as for my wife it kept displaying an error.After checking on a couple of forums I was told its okay as sometimes you are unable to link the application.

I received the PR cards on 22nd dec for myself and the kids ONLY. My wifes card has still not been received. My understanding was that if they issue they will do so for the whole family. I am a little worried and have raised a query on the CIC portal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what further can I do? any advise would be appreciated.

thanks
Hi

Cards are often processed and mailed out separately. Give it a few more weeks and she can call to inquire.

Gia Sandlas

Sep 29, 2018
Hello Everyone!
I have some friends in US and I want to stay for minimum 2 weeks before going to Canada. Can I do that?I hope, there’s no such rule that applicant should come direct from his home country only. In my case, I’m from India

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!
I have some friends in US and I want to stay for minimum 2 weeks before going to Canada. Can I do that?I hope, there’s no such rule that applicant should come direct from his home country only. In my case, I’m from India
Sure.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello Everyone!
As per previous answer Canada has no issue with this plan but be prepared to be convincing to USCBP about your planned stay before onward travel to Canada assuming you are on a way one ticket.

Gia Sandlas

Sep 29, 2018
As per previous answer Canada has no issue with this plan but be prepared to be convincing to USCBP about your planned stay before onward travel to Canada assuming you are on a way one ticket.
I won’t have one way ticket, I’ll buy 2 tickets, one to US and other from US to Canada which I believe clearly implies that I would leave US