+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing + Immigration Rules

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

you have mentioned that we should apply for health card until we move permanently, I did a soft landing last month and got my healthcard as well as suggested by another friend but will there be any implication on Tax returns? or any other?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ijaz
You need to notify them when you leave Canada and not qualify to use the provincial healthcare any more.
Once you return to that province again, you need to wait for the waiting period (diff for each province) before you can use the healthcare again.

Therefore, it's better/easier to only apply the health card until you move permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are doing a soft landing you likely don't meet the residency obligations to receive healthcare so there is o point in signing up for a card. I would recommend looking up the residency requirements for your province.

Reactions: YVR123

heartypatel732

Star Member
Dec 1, 2013
Hey guys need ur help

I am in india right now.my friend got my LR card in canada and couriered it to me.will i face any problem to get entry in canada as they know that my PR card was in process when i left canada?

sndpdeepu

Oct 8, 2017
Hi,

I did soft landing in Canada, I returned back to my country and got married, I want to come back to Canada as I don't have PR card, I think I have to apply for PRTD, in PRTD whether I have to mention my marital status as married ? Will it be a problem as in my COPR it was given as single. I have applied for health card also when I was in Canada will it be a problem if I apply for PRTD. As I did soft landing my period of stay is less than 730 days what is the column I have to fill in Residency Obligation section. Please help me on these queries

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

I did soft landing in Canada, I returned back to my country and got married, I want to come back to Canada as I don't have PR card, I think I have to apply for PRTD, in PRTD whether I have to mention my marital status as married ? Will it be a problem as in my COPR it was given as single. I have applied for health card also when I was in Canada will it be a problem if I apply for PRTD. As I did soft landing my period of stay is less than 730 days what is the column I have to fill in Residency Obligation section. Please help me on these queries
Others can comment as well but as long as you landed as single as per your COPR then if you get married afterwards that has no effect on your status. You should check the married box given are now married not single else that could be misrepresentation . No way to predict if IRCC question your date of marriage so cannot answer that.

Seems pretty clear on the RO section you list addresses in Canada from the date you landed to the date you left. So if was a hotel or Airbnb then just put that or a real residential address. IRCC will see that you have not been a PR for long so should not be an issue.

Health card and PRTD application are not connected. Doubtful given you have not taken up actual residence whether applying for health card was any point given any residency obligation that might have been needed for that for coverage to be effective.

Last edited:

pratikpatel88

Feb 12, 2018
Can anybody who has done soft landing share there experience for second entry into canada after receving a PR card to your home country?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anybody who has done soft landing share there experience for second entry into canada after receving a PR card to your home country?
Your question is not clear.

After the soft landing, IRCC will not send the PR card to your home country. Instead, you need to provide a Canadian address to let them send the PR card by regular mail. At the second entry (especially if you arrived at a land border by car), you might or might not have your PR card. You can use your used COPR instead.

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
hi I just want to share my story I didn't do the soft landing but after 45 days my wife received PR card but I was asked to submit photos with Canadian photographer attestation on the back with the date. Which I think If I was outside Canada, couldn't able to do that. So I say don't risk.

Reactions: pratikpatel88

pratikpatel88

Feb 12, 2018
You present your PR card. CBSA allows you in. Pretty basic.
Thanks for your response!
So I am juat concerned that can just showing the PR card suffice?
Because if they check the passport and they can find the in and out dates stamps and make out this person was outside canada when his/her PR card was being processed.

pratikpatel88

Feb 12, 2018
hi I just want to share my story I didn't do the soft landing but after 45 days my wife received PR card but I was asked to submit photos with Canadian photographer attestation on the back with the date. Which I think If I was outside Canada, couldn't able to do that. So I say don't risk.
That is a very good point!
Is there anything anybody can suggest avoid this situation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your response!
So I am juat concerned that can just showing the PR card suffice?
Because if they check the passport and they can find the in and out dates stamps and make out this person was outside canada when his/her PR card was being processed.
CBSA couldn't care less about where you are when the PR card is processed.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Can anybody advice/suggest in how many days (approx) does the CIC sends an photo request for the PR card?
What do you mean given you need to send the photos with the PR card application as is clearly stated in the document checklist. IRCC will only make contact about the photos provided with an application if they are not to specification or if someone doesnt send them in at all..