+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing + Immigration Rules

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As posted above, I don't think they will allow same day turn around soft landing. They are allowing people to "enter Canada to permanently settle ".
There are people on here who have reported completing a soft landing successfully through a land border and turning around straight away back to the US. However people do this at their own risk and there is no guarantee will be successful just depends on the CBSA officers using some discretion and possibly the border not being too busy at the time.

For sure nobody should expect or plan for it to be easy so to be prepared to be questioned why need to soft land and some people on here have also reported being turned back without landing so approach as a 50/50 exercise. Attempting to do the same at an airport a whole different matter though and odds are lot less of completing a soft landing given in part the need to actually enter the country versus just a border post at a land border.

Reactions: YVR123

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hello
I did land in Canada as softlanding, I gave an address of a friend in Saskatchewan, for the PR card to be delivered. Now i'm in Bangladesh. Is it possible to send the PR card to Bangladesh by Courier after being delivered to sask? Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello
I did land in Canada as softlanding, I gave an address of a friend in Saskatchewan, for the PR card to be delivered. Now i'm in Bangladesh. Is it possible to send the PR card to Bangladesh by Courier after being delivered to sask? Thanks
Duplicate answered in another thread.