+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slight Mismatch in address while paying GIC.

Oct 25, 2019
Hello,
I need urgent help regarding address issue.
My beneficiary address for GIC in Scotia Bank account is

DR SHREENIVAS APTT BUDHMARG BANDAR BAGICHA PS-KOTWALI PATNA 800001 BIHAR INDIA.

I was not able to mention my Flat no in the address field while registering for GIC because my full address exceeded the space limit. So I had to exclude it.

My full address as in the passport is
FLATNO 402 DR SHREENIVAS APPARTMENT BUDHMARG BANDAR BAGICHA PS-KOTWALI PATNA 800001 BIHAR INDIA.

And today when I went to the bank for the payment I wrote the same Beneficiary address
in the A2 formwhich I gave while registering for GIC but when I got the SWIFT Copy of the payment the Forex department of AXIS Bank people mentioned my passport address as my Beneficiary address as it is saved in the system .
So will my payment be rejected or accepted.Need an early assistance.

Vinitha kotha

Jan 14, 2020
Yours is a little more different , i would suggest you get it changed if you haven't sent the payment yet.
Hello, in my gic form i got my address as plot no. 6, pawgal road, nalgonda telangana. But in my passport it is : plot no. 6, pangal road, nalgonda, nalgonda telangana. Will it be a problem. I haven't paid my gic yet.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello, in my gic form i got my address as plot no. 6, pawgal road, nalgonda telangana. But in my passport it is : plot no. 6, pangal road, nalgonda, nalgonda telangana. Will it be a problem. I haven't paid my gic yet.
you can ask the bank to correct the gic. they will do it for you.

Jan 16, 2020
Hello ,
I am having problem while creating my bank account ins Scotia bank.While filling up my details it is not taking my full address as I have it in my passport.There is words limitation .
What can I do about it?

mickymick

Jan 6, 2020
Hi
I also same issue with my address
In my address only ward number written rest all is same as like my passport .pls tell me is there any issue in GIC payment

mickymick

Jan 6, 2020
Hi sir,
I also have same issue for pay GIC amount.
My ac address and passport address is same only ( ward no ) this extra word written in my bank account address.pls tell me is there any problem.

Anandhu Rajan

Nov 5, 2019
India
Dont worry it wont be major concern. I had wrote my state name as MH instead of Maharashtra, it still worked. Then floor and flr is not much an issue. You should make sure your Benificary address and passport address match.
Hello sir...when i entered my passport addres in scotia bank site..there was no option to enter district..so i emtered it wothout district name... But in my passort there is district name... Will that be a problem

Rashi_07

Jun 15, 2020
Dont worry it wont be major concern. I had wrote my state name as MH instead of Maharashtra, it still worked. Then floor and flr is not much an issue. You should make sure your Benificary address and passport address match.
My address in passport and in scotia account is as 117/94,p block KAKADEV but the bank account with which I made the payment from India , there 117/94,p block KAKADEO... I don’t know how the bank did this mistake to the address. Will it affect my GIC certificate

Sebin Saji

Jun 29, 2020
I have a similar issue due to insufficient space given in address.
Passport address is same as the bank address.
However, my passport address wont completely fill up gic address.
What can i do to overcome this issue?

Passport address:
"Flat no. 8, nawaz apartments, havlock colony, Minnie Bay, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. "
How could i shorten this up?
Is using abbreviation prohibited?

Please help me out!!

Last edited:

Vishva2203

Sep 30, 2020
Hey there! I have my account in Union bank and the address there is different than my passport since I have two places to live, but in scotia bank my account address is same as my passport one, will there be any trouble in my GIC
If I get the process done by the agent since he has got RBI’s lisence for these kind of exchanges and is perfect

Vishva2203

Sep 30, 2020
Guys, my gic transfer was regected by Scotia bank today, I'm running late for applying my Visa. The reason was my beneficiary and ordering customer address didn't match their system
Ordering/beneficiary address
4-243 subanagar
Thoothukudi 628502

Passport address
4/243 subanagar
Thoothukudi 628502.
The bank said they weren't able to update "/" symbol in their system so they used "-".
Was this the reason for regection or
When my bank intitated the transfer they forgot to add a 0 infront of gic account number. But they found it immediately and then they sent a transaction acknowledge again stating to add another zero in front.
I want to know which of these two was the mistake. I want to retry transaction asap
Were you charged anything?

Ghanisth

Nov 25, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I Hope you all are doing well,

My Doubt is that,

My address as per Scotiabank and Passport is H.N 518/9 Kaseru Buxer Mawana Road Meerut 250001.
My address as per my bank account is H.N 518/9 Kaseru Mawana Road Meerut 250001.

So, will it create any problem? Please Help!

MMegh

Jan 9, 2021
Can anybody let me know that will they reject GIC or not?

In my application, address is like this

Xyz, xyz, pincode, state name, India

But while paying gic, exchange company mentioned my address as below

Xyz, xyz, pincode, state name

they haven’t put India at last.

Bharat_89

Feb 10, 2021
I paid my gic on 1st feb; today I got an email stating that they have canceled my payment due to "IP ACCOUNT IS INVALID". Could someone please confirm what exactly is the reason? How long will take to get my funds back? And most importantly how should I proceed further to pay GIC?