+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slight Mismatch in address while paying GIC.

Vidya46

May 26, 2019
Hi,
My home address in scotia bank is
704, Ravi Flats, Rajhans Swapna, Sarthana jakat naka, Surat
My current address in scotia bank is
8, Suryakiran Society, Chikuwadi, Nana Varacchha, Surat
My address in passport and address in bank account through which i am going to transfer is same as home address in scotia bank
Will it create a problem
Will it get rejected if i transfer the amount
Please help with this

Last edited:

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Dont worry it wont be major concern. I had wrote my state name as MH instead of Maharashtra, it still worked. Then floor and flr is not much an issue. You should make sure your Benificary address and passport address match.
What is the meaning of “beneficiary address and passport address should match”??

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Hi,

My passport presentaddress is :
“Kiit university bhubaneswar, Odisha.”
I made my passprt when i was studying in bhubaneswar.Now i dnt reside there.

My SBI account registered address is:
“Dalu, west garo Hills, meghalaya,India.”

Now if my GIC is created then they will take my passprt address. Will this create a problem?

I dnt understnad one thing, Present address in passprt will obviously change as a person won’t reside at that same place. Now in india we can apply for a passprt from anywhere.

Plz suggest me what should i do here.

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Dont worry it wont be major concern. I had wrote my state name as MH instead of Maharashtra, it still worked. Then floor and flr is not much an issue. You should make sure your Benificary address and passport address match.
Hi,

I have a doubt here, my bank account registered address is:
“Tura, meghalaya”

And in my passprt my address is of my college when i made the passprt:
“Bhubaneswar, Odisha.”

This address mismatch u were talking about, is this the registered bank address or the address which is given in wire transfer form?
Plz help me on this.

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Bro you receive confirmation after 5-8 business days since your wire payment. And the account number is already confirmed because you have the account number , you get the account number when the account is successfully opened , don't worry about the confirmation , if your agent has given you the account number , then do the wire payment on that account number . But make sure account is opened on your behalf i.e all the information like Name , Address , etc. Should be the same as in your passport , and one more thing , the address with which you hold your bank account in india , should also have the same address as in your passport.
Hello,

I have a similar querry. Could u plz connect with my personally? If yes then plz reply here. I would be grateful if u help me on this issue

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Guys, my gic transfer was regected by Scotia bank today, I'm running late for applying my Visa. The reason was my beneficiary and ordering customer address didn't match their system
Ordering/beneficiary address
4-243 subanagar
Thoothukudi 628502

Passport address
4/243 subanagar
Thoothukudi 628502.
The bank said they weren't able to update "/" symbol in their system so they used "-".
Was this the reason for regection or
When my bank intitated the transfer they forgot to add a 0 infront of gic account number. But they found it immediately and then they sent a transaction acknowledge again stating to add another zero in front.
I want to know which of these two was the mistake. I want to retry transaction asap
Hi,

As u said ur bank did the mistake here, so can u plz tell me whther the bank give ur address as per ur passprt or the address which is registered in ur bank account? Plz reply

Rg65

Jun 29, 2019
Hello Sravan,

I am facing a serious issue in gic. Can u plz help me out? I would like to talk personally. Let me know if its a yes from u.

Plz need help
Hi Nishiroy,

Your GIC would be 100% rejected because of this address mismatch. If you want to proceed with this address i would suggest you to pay your GIC via CIBC Bank. CIBC bank takes money in indian rupees and does it so by rtgs(your bank will know what it is). CIBC bank is better and stress free option. Only thing that should match is your Name in both your paying account as well as CIBC account. With CIBC bank you will get GIC in max 2 days.

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Nishiroy,

Your GIC would be 100% rejected because of this address mismatch. If you want to proceed with this address i would suggest you to pay your GIC via CIBC Bank. CIBC bank takes money in indian rupees and does it so by rtgs(your bank will know what it is). CIBC bank is better and stress free option. Only thing that should match is your Name in both your paying account as well as CIBC account. With CIBC bank you will get GIC in max 2 days.
Hi,

Yestrday i went to my bank and changed the address of my account to the address which i have in my passport. Now is this fine?

Rg65

Jun 29, 2019
Y
Hi,

Yestrday i went to my bank and changed the address of my account to the address which i have in my passport. Now is this fine?
Yes it would be fine. But make sure when they do wire transfer they send same address as they can edit while doing the transfer. Moreover, i would suggest you to change your address on your passport as having hostel address is not good. Its your one and only and the biggest Identity proof.

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Y

Yes it would be fine. But make sure when they do wire transfer they send same address as they can edit while doing the transfer. Moreover, i would suggest you to change your address on your passport as having hostel address is not good. Its your one and only and the biggest Identity proof.
I cannot change my address now as while changing they will take my current address only, and right now my current address is gurgaon as i am working here. There will be a whole lot of process if i go for changing the address to my permanent home address as there r verifications n all.Its not possible now for me to go home.

Rg65

Jun 29, 2019
I cannot change my address now as while changing they will take my current address only, and right now my current address is gurgaon as i am working here. There will be a whole lot of process if i go for changing the address to my permanent home address as there r verifications n all.Its not possible now for me to go home.
Understandable. But i would still suggest you to pay GIC via CIBC. Its easy cheaper and wnd stress free option. Rest is your choice.

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Understandable. But i would still suggest you to pay GIC via CIBC. Its easy cheaper and wnd stress free option. Rest is your choice.
Can u plz connect wth me personally? My fb id is pooja nishi roy, would be wearing a yellow tshrt.