+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slight Mismatch in address while paying GIC.

Sukhbir2001

Mar 23, 2019
so you mean that your GIC amount was not refunded back . did you do anything after that mistake.
I wanted to know that my agent had applied for address change a month ago but didn't receive any confirmation. she has mailed them for confirmation today but didn't mention that I have paid GIC . do I need to do something else or just wait
No my gic wasn't refunded. When did u paid ur gic?

Sukhbir2001

Mar 23, 2019
Don't worry be brave. Their is nothing to worry, this is just slight mistake. According to my mistake ur mistake is nothing. In my address in sender's and receiver's isn't matching. But how I got the clearance.

dSachdeva

Apr 26, 2019
Yes it didn’t create any problem, I received my GIC Certificate within five days of remittance
Thanks for the reply

Yes
Hey,
Can you please tell me which address you had put in the beneficiary address line - the one on your passport or the one on your gic account that is without landmark? I am facing the same problem bro so will really appreciate if you can help me.

Amod

May 3, 2019
I want to open a GIC account in Scotia bank. I am a citizen of Nepal but right now I am working in India. My account in Indian bank has communication address which is my temporary address in India. But as i am from Nepal, my passport will have my permanent address. While i am trying to open account, for country of residence i can only choose India. Even though i change my bank address as per my address in passport, i will have to choose India as country of residence as there are only four countries available in the drop-down. So, will there be a problem for me ? Please help me on this. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I want to open a GIC account in Scotia bank. I am a citizen of Nepal but right now I am working in India. My account in Indian bank has communication address which is my temporary address in India. But as i am from Nepal, my passport will have my permanent address. While i am trying to open account, for country of residence i can only choose India. Even though i change my bank address as per my address in passport, i will have to choose India as country of residence as there are only four countries available in the drop-down. So, will there be a problem for me ? Please help me on this. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks
Should be fine as long as you are legally in India and have some documents with your Indian address on it.

Dinesh_@888

May 16, 2019
Hello
My gic got rejected recently because of my beneficiary address. I have sent a copy of my passport and they would update it. The problem is that iam a minor and the account is opened through my father, the address is slightly different from my passport. Will this cause in an other rejection?