+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slight Mismatch in address while paying GIC.

Bharat_89

Feb 10, 2021
I paid my gic on 1st feb; today I got an email stating that they have canceled my payment due to "IP ACCOUNT IS INVALID". Could someone please confirm what exactly is the reason? How long will take to get my funds back? And most importantly how should I proceed further to pay GIC?
Just a correction - I paid the amount to open gic account in Scotia bank.. Kindly suggest me any alternatives as well to open Gic account

Gabbar441

Mar 24, 2021
My address with which i hold my bank account in india is
Dorangla,Gurdaspur, Punjab 143526
My address in passport
Dorangala, Gurdaspur, Punjab 143526

hsinghdeep885

May 3, 2021
The address in my bank is 377-G, DDA Flats, Pocket 2, Mayur Vihar Phase 1
and in my passport it is 377-G PKT-2, Mayur Vihar-1
So will it cause any problem?

Jul 4, 2021
Help me out here. I filled my online GIC application form (Scotiabank) 2 days back and got the wire transfer details. While filling the form, my name entered is as per my passport but, my address is not exactly as per my passport although it is the same place. In the wire transfer details, it is mentioned in the beneficiary address that it should match with the address on the application form. Will it be an issue??
example; Passport address: FLAT.NO.---, building name NEAR something street name city direction, district PIN:------, state, country
what I entered on my application: falt no building name, street name Behind landmark city code state

Reactions: Shanmukha999

Shanmukha999

Jul 10, 2021
Hii friendss
My passport was issued while i was studying in my college having address of Assam, Guwahati..
My permanent address is from Andhra Pradesh. My bank account from which I want to pay my gic is also from Andhra Pradesh..
Please help me in this case... As my bank address and passport address are completely different...

Himyshrma

Nov 5, 2021
Hello guys
My address on passport is B1/15
And Axis bank which i used for my gic transfer wrote B1 15, today i received my gic certificate from scotia bank and the address written on it was B115...i am very worried about this issue...will it have a big impact or should i not worry about this...can anyone tell me?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys
My address on passport is B1/15
And Axis bank which i used for my gic transfer wrote B1 15, today i received my gic certificate from scotia bank and the address written on it was B115...i am very worried about this issue...will it have a big impact or should i not worry about this...can anyone tell me?
Nothing to worry.... Its a situation you can always clarify if they ask you to.

Reactions: Himyshrma

Patel16

Feb 25, 2022
I have transferred my funds before for gic in scotia bank and they got returned because of address issues now i have again initiated a transfer but the difference between my passport address and beneficiary address is this
Passport add:-
ABCD,B/H GHI TOWER…..

beneficiary add:-
ABCD, B/H, GHI,TOWER…..

Would my funds get returned again?

Raahim Imran

Jul 10, 2023
Hi there, if anyone could help that would be great,
The address given at gic is
H NO D115 LATIFABAD STREET 7 PHASE1 KOHSAR SOCITY HYDERABAD

And the one given by the agent at the bank is,
H NO D115 LATIFABAD STREET 7 PH 1