+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled workers in Manitoba (MPNP) Forum 2017

cristka

Aug 3, 2017
Hi,
I have questions about the employer. I work in an restaurant in a small tourist town. The restaurant just open to business on June 1st and that day is the first day I start to work. I just wonder whether my employer is qualified to support me with my MPNP after I submit the MPNP application half a year later ? I heard from some immigration representative that the employer should have a stable business last at least for one year. I am quite concerning.
In addition, since this is a small tourist town, when the summer vacation is over, the business might get drop gradually, especially in winter. Is there any risk in this situation ?
Thanks for helping.

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
Hi,
I have questions about the employer. I work in an restaurant in a small tourist town. The restaurant just open to business on June 1st and that day is the first day I start to work. I just wonder whether my employer is qualified to support me with my MPNP after I submit the MPNP application half a year later ? I heard from some immigration representative that the employer should have a stable business last at least for one year. I am quite concerning.
In addition, since this is a small tourist town, when the summer vacation is over, the business might get drop gradually, especially in winter. Is there any risk in this situation ?
Thanks for helping.
Hello Cristka,
According to MPNP, Your employer must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the MPNP that they are an established business with an ability to offer you full-time and long-term employment in Manitoba. From my point of view, your current employer does not necessarily demonstrate this ability at the moment as they are new and currently testing the waters. Although the MPNP officers might overlook it and let it slide because the business is located in a small town in Manitoba(They might ask for supportive documents from you and/or your employer). However, I would suggest you keep working for your current employer and start actively looking for employment to avoid the risks of getting denied as there is a high probability. It could be a customer rep job at a call center as long as it has been in operation for a while (I hear 24/7 intouch are currently actively employing).

Please note that you could always contact MPNP via email for accurate and current answers @ mpnpapplicationhelp@gov.mb.ca

Hope this helps and goodluck in your future endeavors. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks

cristka

Aug 3, 2017
Hello Cristka,
According to MPNP, Your employer must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the MPNP that they are an established business with an ability to offer you full-time and long-term employment in Manitoba. From my point of view, your current employer does not necessarily demonstrate this ability at the moment as they are new and currently testing the waters. Although the MPNP officers might overlook it and let it slide because the business is located in a small town in Manitoba(They might ask for supportive documents from you and/or your employer). However, I would suggest you keep working for your current employer and start actively looking for employment to avoid the risks of getting denied as there is a high probability. It could be a customer rep job at a call center as long as it has been in operation for a while (I hear 24/7 intouch are currently actively employing).

Please note that you could always contact MPNP via email for accurate and current answers @ mpnpapplicationhelp@gov.mb.ca

Hope this helps and goodluck in your future endeavors. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks
Actually I have asked the MPNP about this, they didn't give an accurate feedback and just copy paste the requirement for the employer on the official website as an answer. Anyway, I will definitely listen to your suggestion and looking for employment. Appreciate for your help, thanks.

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
Inland applicant
Draw # 26
File submitted: 6 Feb 2017
Assessment Pending: 6 June 2017
Assessment in process: 2 August 2017
Nice, your status changed to assessment in process last week? Any new updates? Did your employer get a call yet?

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
My status changed to "Assessment Complete" on August 24, 2107 but I haven't received LOA yet.
Congratulations! Your Nominee package is probably on transit. You should be getting it this week.

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
will they sent by post? I heard that it normally takes 1 - 2 days after assessment complete
yes they do, depending on when your work permit expires. If soon, the send it by express mail, same day delivery, but if it's not expiring soon, they send it via regular mail which takes 3-5 business days. When is your work permit expiring?

Reactions: jasonbedrex