+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yes, it seems it will be too slow and long process, but we hope it won't be the case. My NOC is 2174 and I got my CIPS certification on December 8.
Mine again would get delayed due to the CIPS certification, was not aware of the certification requirement for 2174. Just started with the CIPS process

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
I have the same question like you. Did you get answer either to go for APEGS or CIPS ?
Hello @mrkamran82. Am checking in here after a gap hence late response.. Coming to your query; I also hit the same situation as this particular NOC code is actually a mix of two profiles! Talking about MCA qualification, we all have seen successful cases (with CIPS). But at the same time,there are people out there who applied for one license (let's say, CIPS) in advance and later on got ADR for other one- APEGS. There is no clarity as nobody knows for sure which criteria- (whether education or job profile) the dept refers while deciding a license. If your status is "In process", then IMO, It's better that you be ready with ground work for both and wait for email. Otherwise; if you can't wait, then choose the one basis own gut feeling. Best thing would be to get both licenses:) but that would mean dual spending!! Cheers. All the best.

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yes, it seems it will be too slow and long process, but we hope it won't be the case. My NOC is 2174 and I got my CIPS certification on December 8.
Is there any progress with your application or is it still "Application Received"

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hi. Anybody here who applied for CIPS ISP license around mid November 2020 and has got the license? I applied on 20th November 2020 but still waiting for the license to be issued.

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi. Anybody here who applied for CIPS ISP license around mid November 2020 and has got the license? I applied on 20th November 2020 but still waiting for the license to be issued.
Are you tracking certification status using the link shared by CIPS?

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yes. They updated the list after a month yesterday. Mine is at serial no 30 now. How much more time will it take?
What was your Queue number last month? With that maybe we can estimate the number of applications they are processing each month.

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
It was at serial no 55
So last month they processed around 25 applications. They may take another 1 month to pick your application. Current processing time for applications is approximately 4-6 months

Last edited:

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
So last month they processed around 25 applications. They may take another 1 month to pick your application. Current processing time for applications is approximately 4-6 months
Yes, hope they issue it within next 30 days. It has already been 4 months, since i applied.