+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hi Harsh,

I have checked by sending them ECA and my CV to both SINP and CIPS, but their response is not clear which way to go either CIPS or APEGS. That's why I am confused about what to do now and I am stuck and seeking guidance on it on every forum. But not everyone is clear. Some say that NOC is based on educational qualifications and some say that it is based on professional job experiences and there is one category of people who says that it is MIX of both. Below is the response from SINP and CIPS, when I requested them to give me crystal clear guidelines. what do you say about it?

My consultant says that I should go for CIPS but I think it would need APEGS. I don't want to be on the 2 boats at the same time. I can afford to go any one of them which would be accurately required. i hope you understand the situation.

######################## SINP response below ##############

Thank you for your email.

Please note that we cannot advise prior to an application which licensing is required for which occupation. A full application is required in order to make an accurate assessment of an applicant's eligibility to the program. If your occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, you must contact the regulatory body to learn what you will need to do to work in Saskatchewan.

You can also review the below webpage to see if there any requirements for your intended NOC requires licensure for the Express Entry of Occupation In-Demand category.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/to-work/regulated-occupations-and-licensing-requirements

If you get the Invitation to apply ,we would suggest completing an application if you have all other required documents for the category you are interested in applying under. This will allow an officer to review your information and determine if licensure is required. If this proof is required, your application will be held for processing until such proof is provided.

#################### CIPS response below ################

As you have an Engineering degree the SINP may require you to apply for licensing to the Engineering Society in Saskatchewan. I would recommend that you check with them as to which Society you should apply to.

If they say CIPS, you would apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route. Our step-by-step application process can be found at: https://cipsresources.ca/isp/

We do require a course-by-course Canadian assessment of your degrees. This would list each course you took along with your marks. You can ask WES for an upgrade to a course-by-course assessment and this is to be provided to us by WES.

Our current processing time is approximately 4-6 months.
If your experience is related to software engineer go for APEGS. If related to Software programmer go for CIPS.

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
All,

I am writing this post for awareness and information for others as I just received the nomination.

The timeline so far,
1. 15 SEP 2020 : Invitation received to apply for SINP. Same for the rest of the group.
2. 30 SEP 2020 : Request submitted to WES for CxC evaluation.
3. 05 OCT 2020 : CXC evaluation request completed.
4. 07 OCT 2020 : Applied for CIPS I.S.P License
5. 30 OCT 2020 : Reminder received to apply for the SINP application
6. 06 NOV 2020 : Finally submitted the application.
7. 10 DEC 2020 : Received CIPS I.S.P License
8. 11 DEC 2020 : Received Additional Document Request (ADR) for the license
9. 12 DEC 2020 : Submitted the License
10. 10 JAN 2021 : Express Entry Profile Expired
11. 11 JAN 2021 : New Express Entry profile created
12. 26 FEB 2021 : Nomination Received - STATUS "APPLICATION NOMINATED"

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
All,

I am writing this post for awareness and information for others as I just received the nomination.

The timeline so far,
1. 15 SEP 2020 : Invitation received to apply for SINP. Same for the rest of the group.

Congratulations, Goodluck with rest of your process

Reactions: canpr80

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
All,

The timeline so far,
As next steps, the way i understand is that PNP (SINP) will automatically send the nomination details to IRCC and it should get updated in the EE profile. And I would come to know by means of a nomination message in my EE profile and I'll have to accept or decline the nomination within 30 days. Subsequently, if I accept the nomination, I should receive an ITA and then my 90 days countdown will start.

Does it appear to be a correct understanding?
Also, does anyone happen to know how long it typically takes for the EE profile to be updated with this information of nomination from SINP?

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
As next steps, the way i understand is that PNP (SINP) will automatically send the nomination details to IRCC and it should get updated in the EE profile. And I would come to know by means of a nomination message in my EE profile and I'll have to accept or decline the nomination within 30 days. Subsequently, if I accept the nomination, I should receive an ITA and then my 90 days countdown will start.

Does it appear to be a correct understanding?
Also, does anyone happen to know how long it typically takes for the EE profile to be updated with this information of nomination from SINP?
As per my information updation of nomination in EE profile should not take more than 4 to 5 days. You have to then select continue application in your EE profile to get 600 points. If you dont get anything in EE profile in a weeks time, you should drop an email to SINP.

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
As per my information updation of nomination in EE profile should not take more than 4 to 5 days. You have to then select continue application in your EE profile to get 600 points. If you dont get anything in EE profile in a weeks time, you should drop an email to SINP.
This is correct. I would recommend you start working towards getting your and your spouse's PCC certificate. Don't wait for federal ITA to get your documents ready.

Reactions: canpr80

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Anyone from September 15 invitees still has his application status as "Application Received"?
Yes, My Application is still under the status "Application Received". I submitted the application on 13th November.

When did you submit your Application?

Last edited:

tk_zach

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Submitted on November 6th.
As per SINP website the processing timelines are 32 weeks for Express Entry category, so it may take more time. My Application would be at the end of Queue as I submitted on 13th November.

Does your NOC code require a license?

Mandrake

Feb 27, 2021
As per SINP website the processing timelines are 32 weeks for Express Entry category, so it may take more time. My Application would be at the end of Queue as I submitted on 13th November.

Does your NOC code require a license?
Yes, it seems it will be too slow and long process, but we hope it won't be the case. My NOC is 2174 and I got my CIPS certification on December 8.