+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC Status Help

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
1) An ADR for Police verification is considered serious as it falls under R-10 Completeness check (meaning you are expected to submit a police verification for your application to be complete). All PR applications are rejected without any consideration/extension if you do not meet R-10 completeness requirements. I suggest that you yourself do your math on this, as I'm not sure about either the actual timeline of ADR or whether ADR means your application processing is stopped.

2) Sorry but why would I worry about that? I have already received and uploaded original Singapore COC. I think you're confusing appeal with COC. Letter from IRCC or ITA is required for appeal, once appeal is approved, you have your COC. It has no mention of how your appeal was approved. COC mentions your criminal involvement record.

3) Good question! So for spouse upload ITA + Marriage certificate and for children upload ITA + Birth certificate.

Hope my answer helps.
Thanks for your response. Not confused with how we are making appeal. I know appeal they will approve based on ITA documents too, but my specific concern is whether IRCC accepts that COC received based on ITA. Reason - As I mentioned earlier there are similar other forums where people have submitted COC based on ITA and after submitting of PR application they asked to get the COC again based on the request letter. See below two cases I found:-

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/singapore-police-coc-from-overseas-timeframe-jan-2019.605160/ - Here, check response from
mbaleine

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-for-singapore.562660/#post-7642834 - Here check response from
jjsekh

So, I am just looking help and confirmation who has passed from all these and got the PR and hence suggest us the right way to move forward.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Thanks for your response. Not confused with how we are making appeal. I know appeal they will approve based on ITA documents too, but my specific concern is whether IRCC accepts that COC received based on ITA. Reason - As I mentioned earlier there are similar other forums where people have submitted COC based on ITA and after submitting of PR application they asked to get the COC again based on the request letter. See below two cases I found:-

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/singapore-police-coc-from-overseas-timeframe-jan-2019.605160/ - Here, check response from
mbaleine

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-for-singapore.562660/#post-7642834 - Here check response from
jjsekh

So, I am just looking help and confirmation who has passed from all these and got the PR and hence suggest us the right way to move forward.
Thanks for providing some context.

I'm a CEC inland applicant. I've been living in Canada for 2 years. So I'm not at Singapore or in any other countries right now. My COC is latest considering I've not been to Singapore for last 2 years. Please see the requirements for police certificate here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

The requirements may be different for you others who have been to Singapore after their COC has been issued. You can choose to follow these threads which DO NOT clarify if their COC is outdated (more than 6 months old). Your COC must be less than 6 months old (if you visited that country within last 6 months, then it should be after you have left that country and didn't live their for longer than 6 months).

Note: It is possible that these threads tell the truth and IRCC does ask for a new COC even if you provide one (with the ITA appeal). In that case you have to do what they ask anyway, however weird it is. My point is I don't think it has any impact on PR approval as long as you comply with their requests. If you're worried, then don't provide Singapore CoC and apply without. I did apply with COC, because I don't want to fail completeness check in case they think I had enough time to get the CoC. (which I did, took 1 month to get it and I had 60 days for submitting eAPR)

Last edited:

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Thanks for providing some context.

I'm a CEC inland applicant. I've been living in Canada for 2 years. So I'm not at Singapore or in any other countries right now. My COC is latest considering I've not been to Singapore for last 2 years. Please see the requirements for police certificate here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

The requirements may be different for you others who have been to Singapore after their COC has been issued. You can choose to follow these threads which DO NOT clarify if their COC is outdated (more than 6 months old). Your COC must be less than 6 months old (if you visited that country within last 6 months, then it should be after you have left that country and didn't live their for longer than 6 months).
I am also in Canada from the last 2 years and CEC applicant only and even for these threads these folks also applied from outside Singapore only when they left. Yeah, I know all the requirements which you pinged the link of getting PCC. Ideally, it should not matter how we got the PCC when upon issuing once, we have not visited again.

Not sure. Anyways, I would say lets go with our best understanding and goo luck to eveyone. But, keep us posted about you application progress. Wish you a vey best of luck!

Reactions: r_a

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
I am also in Canada from the last 2 years and CEC applicant only and even for these threads these folks also applied from outside Singapore only when they left. Yeah, I know all the requirements which you pinged the link of getting PCC. Ideally, it should not matter how we got the PCC when upon issuing once, we have not visited again.

Not sure. Anyways, I would say lets go with our best understanding and goo luck to eveyone. But, keep us posted about you application progress. Wish you a vey best of luck!
One last question for now - Can you please let me know from where in GTA Region (If you are also around here), we can have the fingerprints for Singapore COC? I heard they only accept ink fingerprints.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
One last question for now - Can you please let me know from where in GTA Region (If you are also around here), we can have the fingerprints for Singapore COC? I heard they only accept ink fingerprints.
I used National Pardon and Fingerprinting center. They will download the form or you can bring it with you. The link is in one of my replies

Reactions: Virdiasr

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
For example you can use UPS (https://locations.theupsstore.com/ca/san-jose/4750-almaden-expy/live-scan-and-ink-fingerprinting). I am sure there will be others (You can check with Postal services other than USPS). Download the singapore fingerprint card (https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/9FD075711C7B489BBAB1F0109197884E.pdf) and visit such places. They usually charge $40-50 and authorize your fingerprint with their signatures.
Thank you so much!!! Any recommended mailing from US to Singapore? does it normally cost $150 to mail them?

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
I used National Pardon and Fingerprinting center. They will download the form or you can bring it with you. The link is in one of my replies
Hi dear

I got my appeal approved based on ITA letter only and got my COC application also approved and now have to send the fingerprints. Have below questions:

1) It will be ink fingerprints?
2) If yes to above, then paper on which fingerprints to be done will be normal one or any specific one?

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Hi everybody,
I found this thread when I started to apply COC for my PR in Canada. I spent 1 year studying in Singapore so I got a request to submit COC from IRCC
From the beginning, I was worried when I dont have enough file to apply for an appeal but I kept submiting with everything I have
Here is my timeframe and hope this will help someone
June 20: Letter requests from IRCC
June 21: Apply to Appeal Certificate of Clearance
June 22: Certificate of Clearance Appeal has been successfully approved.
June 22: Submit COC Application.
June 22: Get fingerprint and send fingerprint with payment invoice through Fedex
June 26: Fedex delivered
July 3rd: In Progress
July 6th: Approved and receive email COC will be sent out via Registered mail to residential add in Canada by this week without tracking
July 11 sent email to Singapore Police to ask for tracking
July 18 got a response with tracking
Tracking shows my COC dispatched on July 12
July 19: Canada Post delivered

For my case, It is 1 month to get COC
Hi dear,
Can you please confirm we have to do the ink finger printing only? If yes, then then the form needs to be printed on normal A4 size paper or any special paper.

jeevaganp

Mar 13, 2024
I found this thread when I was searching for anything related to Singapore Clearance Certificate when applying from overseas because it's a bit tricky in the first place because of the fingerprints. :)

I want to emphasize that luckily I found this thread and it was really informative and finally I was able to get hold of my COC on time.:D
My COC requirement was related to US Visa.

Here is my timeline (year 2023)

22 May - Applied for Appeal
25 May - Appeal Approved
26 May - Took fingerprint impressions before a Notary Public

---- I waited for Spouse's COC appeal approval until 7th June to courier both fingerprints. No delays from COC Office ----

7 June - Applied for COC and Paid (COC status changed to Pending for fingerprint impressions)
7 June - Sent fingerprint impressions from Sweden via Registered Post(NOT RECOMMENDED. USE DHL EXPRESS)
19 June - Fingerprints delivered to COC Office
22 June - Changed COC status to In progress
28 June - Changed COC status to Approved

---- While applying I selected to be delivered to Sweden by registered mail. But I could see that SPF takes a longer time to mail according to previous updates from this thread :eek: ----

28 June - Sent an authorization letter via email to SPF(SPF_COC_Office@spf.gov.sg) requesting to hand over the COC to a friend who is in Singapore. It's important to send the same letter to the friend so he can offer that while collecting.
3 July - COC collected by the friend (Proxy friend should collect the COC before SPF mails the doc and if the visa interview date is approaching etc.)
3 July - SPF emailed that my application is Approved and they will mail it in about 2 days (We already collected ;)). They mentioned that it may take 2-3 weeks to reach you via mail. :mad:
7 July - Arranged DHL Express pickup and send to Sweden
10 July - Delivered to Sweden and collected on the same day :cool:

Tips for faster COC approval
1. Add your name exactly appear as in your E-pass or S-pass
2. Check and confirm the details multiple times before applying
3. Use the exact Fingerprint Form provided by COC
4. Use "Other Documents" field in COC appeal form to attach all the supporting documents.
In our case, my spouse had to attach our marriage certificate and all other supporting documents as a single PDF to convince the COC office since I was the primary visa applicant and the Consular email requesting a police certificate addressed to my name only.
(My spouse applied for a COC appeal without proper docs the first time and was delayed, so I prepared all the docs and reapplied and got the new appeal approval within 3 days.)
The trick is that you can apply multiple COC Appeals if you see it's getting delayed(more than 3 - 4 working days) ;)
5. Attach the payment invoice while you send the fingerprint impressions to COC
6. SPF will not reply to emails immediately. It may take at least 5 - 10 working days :mad: So make sure to do your homework and follow the process properly.
7. Prefer to check the Appeal and COC status every day to save time and move to the next step faster.
SPF may not send any emails regarding any updates at all or sometimes it will take more than 3 working days just to send an automated status update. So weird. :mad:

Thanks for easilystressed, abroad73 and vakulg for the perfect info and timeline.

Hope this will help someone. Make sure to apply at least 1-2 months before so you will not encounter sudden surprises.

Hi I applied for eappeal with my old passport number by mistake and it's Approved and they changed my current passport number and same times before this happened I applied eappeal with correct passport number and it still in progress. But I unable to go to the payment page (the first eappeal which i got approved)and it showing error unable to find eappeal. Have ever faced this kind of issue. I really appreciate if you help what can do next. Thank you.

jeevaganp

Mar 13, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of my process to get a Certificate of Clearance from Singapore and need help understanding the status. I am an overseas applicant, non Singaporean + non permanent resident.

Here is my process timeline

23rd March - Appeal was approved

27th March - Fingerprints delivered to Singapore

Before my fingerprints were delivered, the status said "accepted, fingerprints pending"
Since the fingerprints were delivered, all is says is "approved"

I have received no confirmation email for anything. No confirmation of them receiving my fingerprints, no confirmation of them dispatching the certificate.

What exactly does "approved" mean and what stage of this process am I in? How much longer does it take from here?

Can u please tell me where to give fingerprint in canada in Ontario

jeevaganp

Mar 13, 2024
I found this thread when I was searching for anything related to Singapore Clearance Certificate when applying from overseas because it's a bit tricky in the first place because of the fingerprints. :)

I want to emphasize that luckily I found this thread and it was really informative and finally I was able to get hold of my COC on time.:D
My COC requirement was related to US Visa.

Here is my timeline (year 2023)

22 May - Applied for Appeal
25 May - Appeal Approved
26 May - Took fingerprint impressions before a Notary Public

---- I waited for Spouse's COC appeal approval until 7th June to courier both fingerprints. No delays from COC Office ----

7 June - Applied for COC and Paid (COC status changed to Pending for fingerprint impressions)
7 June - Sent fingerprint impressions from Sweden via Registered Post(NOT RECOMMENDED. USE DHL EXPRESS)
19 June - Fingerprints delivered to COC Office
22 June - Changed COC status to In progress
28 June - Changed COC status to Approved

---- While applying I selected to be delivered to Sweden by registered mail. But I could see that SPF takes a longer time to mail according to previous updates from this thread :eek: ----

28 June - Sent an authorization letter via email to SPF(SPF_COC_Office@spf.gov.sg) requesting to hand over the COC to a friend who is in Singapore. It's important to send the same letter to the friend so he can offer that while collecting.
3 July - COC collected by the friend (Proxy friend should collect the COC before SPF mails the doc and if the visa interview date is approaching etc.)
3 July - SPF emailed that my application is Approved and they will mail it in about 2 days (We already collected ;)). They mentioned that it may take 2-3 weeks to reach you via mail. :mad:
7 July - Arranged DHL Express pickup and send to Sweden
10 July - Delivered to Sweden and collected on the same day :cool:

Tips for faster COC approval
1. Add your name exactly appear as in your E-pass or S-pass
2. Check and confirm the details multiple times before applying
3. Use the exact Fingerprint Form provided by COC
4. Use "Other Documents" field in COC appeal form to attach all the supporting documents.
In our case, my spouse had to attach our marriage certificate and all other supporting documents as a single PDF to convince the COC office since I was the primary visa applicant and the Consular email requesting a police certificate addressed to my name only.
(My spouse applied for a COC appeal without proper docs the first time and was delayed, so I prepared all the docs and reapplied and got the new appeal approval within 3 days.)
The trick is that you can apply multiple COC Appeals if you see it's getting delayed(more than 3 - 4 working days) ;)
5. Attach the payment invoice while you send the fingerprint impressions to COC
6. SPF will not reply to emails immediately. It may take at least 5 - 10 working days :mad: So make sure to do your homework and follow the process properly.
7. Prefer to check the Appeal and COC status every day to save time and move to the next step faster.
SPF may not send any emails regarding any updates at all or sometimes it will take more than 3 working days just to send an automated status update. So weird. :mad:

Thanks for easilystressed, abroad73 and vakulg for the perfect info and timeline.

Hope this will help someone. Make sure to apply at least 1-2 months before so you will not encounter sudden surprises.
This is super helpful, thank you so much. I used a courier service with tracking and it was delivered on the 27th of March 2023. I think I'm stressed because I've received zero communication and confirmation from the COC office since submitting the fingerprints.

Did you receive any email after submitting the fingerprints or did you directly get an email saying that your documentation is complete?

Did you happen to check your status on the COC status link? Mine just says 'Approved' and I've heard nothing from them and they're not responding to calls or emails.

Can you please tell me where to give fingerprint in canada ontario. I booked appointment in online but I don't know where to go.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023

Hi Dear
Can you please confirm whether your Singapore COC which you got by the use of ITA letter has been accepted by IRCC?

jeevaganp

Mar 13, 2024
I had been singapore 4 years. Now, I'm in canada as dependent, my wife got ITA last month. As my wife was the primary applicant, ITA issued in her name. So I did eAppeal with that ITA and additionally attached our marriage certificate and wife passport to prove our relationship. eAppeal was approved and then I received an Email to complete the application and pay the fee. Application was accepted and then received Email along with payment receipt and asked to complete the fingerprint. I did fingerprint at RMCP accredited fingerprint agency (they recorded my fingerprint digitally and print in the RMCP paper. Note: My left thumb has bandage so I couldn't give that fingerprint only that finger) now I have courier fingerprint hardcopy and payment receipt through FedEx and waiting.

aimondduy

Mar 19, 2024
Hi guys, I’m in the same boat. However, I made a mistake and submitted the fingerprint without the payment receipt (the receipt was sent out after I posted the fingerprint). Has anyone been in that situation and how did it work out? Thanks