+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC Status Help

Dec 5, 2023
Thanks

but what is this document ? how to get from IRCC ?

"You must also be above the age of 16 and have documentary proof which states that a COC is required by the foreign government authority or institution for overseas purposes such as migration, adoption, overseas employment or further education."
you will receive a letter from the IRCC that says that Canada immigration is asking for a police clearance from the COC Singapore. its like a endorsement letter. so that you can get COC. but in my case i emailed COC singapore and ask if i can used my PR nomination from SINP to get a COC and they accepted it. i think Singapore COC is not given w/o any purposed of use.

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
you will receive a letter from the IRCC that says that Canada immigration is asking for a police clearance from the COC Singapore. its like a endorsement letter. so that you can get COC. but in my case i emailed COC singapore and ask if i can used my PR nomination from SINP to get a COC and they accepted it. i think Singapore COC is not given w/o any purposed of use.
So does it matter if I already get appeal approval from Singapore police, but also submit my application, I would expect IRCC to send me the letter to request for Singapore COC again, does my previous appeal using my ITA is okay? I can just continue use that right?

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Thank you so much for responding. I love your idea of submitting a letter and submit the actual COC later. I've got another question and I'm hoping you can help me out. Would you know where in BC (Vancouver) should I be getting my fingerprints done?
I am in the same situation, I submitted my PR application, but also get appeal approval using ITA letter, can I just continue with my appeal? Do I need to wait for IRCC to send me the request letter?

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Hi Yes you can. There's DHL that'll take 3 days. But will be a bit expensive. Check here: https://www.easyship.com/en-ca/shipping-rate-calculator/canada-to-singapore

(Note: SPF will ALWAYS use Singpost standard international shipping, so consider at least 10 days SG to CA delivery)

If you're really really tight on deadlines:

I don't know whether you're submitting eAPR or submitting Singapore COC after it's been requested by IRCC. But Singapore CoC afaik not needed for eAPR submission. Check here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

You can say you need a letter while you're submitting application. They'll send you a letter. And upload the COC later when they provide a link / via Web form.
Does that mean, as long as I get the COC it is fine, it won't make any difference if I use ITA to apply for appeal or use IRCC requested letter to ask for appeal? Really appreciate your help here!

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Hope this helps clarifies your doubts :

1) Receive ITA. Complete the ITA profile to obtain your customized document checklist for your PR application
2) Save the ITA letter and personal checklist as a pdf file. Note that ideally the checklist would show that you require a Singapore Police Certificate
3) Go to https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html
4) Since I am not in Singapore and I am not a Singaporean citizen, I selected the "Appeal by Non-Citizen to apply for COC" and "Login with FIN" options
5) Make sure you have your old NRIC number. It's the identification number they assigned to you on your Work/Student Pass.
6) Complete the appeal form, upload a photo, submit any supporting documentation they ask for (Front and back of your card as jpg, ITA letter as pdf, etc. etc.). Submit
7) Wait for an e-mail to tell you your appeal has been approved (3-5 business days). The e-mail will have the Appeal number on it and a Fingerprinting Form. You will need this (it looks like APP/00000000/0000
8) Go back to the website/click on the link in the e-mail and select the "Apply for Certificate of Clearance" and "Login via FIN" options
9) Complete the form again and pay the fee with any major credit card.
10) Wait for an e-mail to tell you your application was accepted. They will give you your application reference number (#00000000) and tell you where to submit your physical fingerprints along with a Payment Receipt. You will need to mail in both fingerprints and the receipt to the provided address.
11) Go and get your fingerprinting done at a legitimate place
12) Mail in all required documents to the provided address (I recommend courier or other mailing service with tracking numbers)
13) Wait for the decision and final COC in your mail (They use snail mail and not courier services) - Would recommend to get it delivered to a local address

My timeline with regards to SG COC:
- Oct 12/2023 : obtain ITA
- Oct 15/2023: submit an appeal for Singapore COC as a non-citizen & non-pr
- Oct 21/2023 : receive appeal approval
- Oct 22/2023: applied for COC and made payment
- Oct 23/2023: obtained e-mail confirmation and payment receipt
- Oct 25/2023 : obtained fingerprints and mailed to Singapore
- Nov 15/2023 : confirmation of completeness of documentation from Singapore
- Nov 17/2023 : confirmation of mailing of COC - gave my friend's local sg address
Hello Buddy, I am also in process to apply for Singapore COC for Canada PR. Expecting ITA in the coming days. To get appeal for Singapore COC, does ITA has to be received first and show that as proof while making appeal? Please respond.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Does that mean, as long as I get the COC it is fine, it won't make any difference if I use ITA to apply for appeal or use IRCC requested letter to ask for appeal? Really appreciate your help here!
Sorry I'm not following this thread closely, missed notifications.

Yes as long as you get the COC it's fine, it doesn't matter what document was used to appeal. If your appeal is already approved then no worries, just send your fingerprints and wait for the COC.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Hello Buddy, I am also in process to apply for Singapore COC for Canada PR. Expecting ITA in the coming days. To get appeal for Singapore COC, does ITA has to be received first and show that as proof while making appeal? Please respond.
I'm answering on principle here, you can wait for @vakulg to answer in their own time if you want.

You must provide reasonable evidence that you need a COC from SPF. Without any proof, they can decline to provide one.

When I was in SG, I applied for spousal open work permit and attached my wife's letter of admission as proof. When I applied for PR, I used ITA + Personal Document checklist webpage printout as proof. So I guess you need to wait for ITA to appeal for COC.

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Sorry I'm not following this thread closely, missed notifications.

Yes as long as you get the COC it's fine, it doesn't matter what document was used to appeal. If your appeal is already approved then no worries, just send your fingerprints and wait for the COC.
Thank you so much for your response! If I am currently in the US and the police stations say they don't have finger print service, where do you recommend me to get the fingerprint done? Thank you!

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Thank you so much for your response! If I am currently in the US and the police stations say they don't have finger print service, where do you recommend me to get the fingerprint done? Thank you!
For example you can use UPS (https://locations.theupsstore.com/ca/san-jose/4750-almaden-expy/live-scan-and-ink-fingerprinting). I am sure there will be others (You can check with Postal services other than USPS). Download the singapore fingerprint card (https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/9FD075711C7B489BBAB1F0109197884E.pdf) and visit such places. They usually charge $40-50 and authorize your fingerprint with their signatures.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
I'm answering on principle here, you can wait for @vakulg to answer in their own time if you want.

You must provide reasonable evidence that you need a COC from SPF. Without any proof, they can decline to provide one.

When I was in SG, I applied for spousal open work permit and attached my wife's letter of admission as proof. When I applied for PR, I used ITA + Personal Document checklist webpage printout as proof. So I guess you need to wait for ITA to appeal for COC.
Thanks Buddy. But what I have seen in other threads are - one guy said he applied the SG COC with ITA letter and even he got the same and submitted along with his PR application, but later IRCC sent specific letter to get the updated COC by using that letter. So, does it mandatory to apply the SG COC with that specific letter only once IRCC send it post PR application submission and that only they accept? Don't want to do the efforts two times. Even, I could see they have also mentioned the same online as below:-

Name of the document you need
Certificate of Clearance (COC)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements
We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Thanks Buddy. But what I have seen in other threads are - one guy said he applied the SG COC with ITA letter and even he got the same and submitted along with his PR application, but later IRCC sent specific letter to get the updated COC by using that letter. So, does it mandatory to apply the SG COC with that specific letter only once IRCC send it post PR application submission and that only they accept? Don't want to do the efforts two times. Even, I could see they have also mentioned the same online as below:-

Name of the document you need
Certificate of Clearance (COC)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements
We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.
I understand your dillemma. But as I mentioned in my other reply, ITA/IRCC Letter asking for SG COC; any ONE will do. They will approve your appeal.

I think it is better to apply with ITA. This is why:

One of my friend got ITA. He submitted eAPR without Singapore COC. He uploaded "A request for letter from IRCC" letter in its place. Once the process started he got an Additional Document Request (ADR) for Singapore COC with that mentioned letter. Then he sent the letter to SPF and appealed. Appeal was approved. He got the SG COC in 20 days. He uploaded the letter.

I got ITA on Dec 8, 2023. Applied for SG COC with ITA on Dec 12, 2023. Got COC in Canada post Jan 22, 2024. Submitted eAPR with COC. So (hopefully :p) I will not add more time to my PR processing.

Up to you. Good luck to both of us!

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
I understand your dillemma. But as I mentioned in my other reply, ITA/IRCC Letter asking for SG COC; any ONE will do. They will approve your appeal.

I think it is better to apply with ITA. This is why:

One of my friend got ITA. He submitted eAPR without Singapore COC. He uploaded "A request for letter from IRCC" letter in its place. Once the process started he got an Additional Document Request (ADR) for Singapore COC with that mentioned letter. Then he sent the letter to SPF and appealed. Appeal was approved. He got the SG COC in 20 days. He uploaded the letter.

I got ITA on Dec 8, 2023. Applied for SG COC with ITA on Dec 12, 2023. Got COC in Canada post Jan 22, 2024. Submitted eAPR with COC. So (hopefully :p) I will not add more time to my PR processing.

Up to you. Good luck to both of us!
Thanks a lot for your response. Now, couple of more questions from your response being sent:

1) After how many days of submitting PR application, your friend got the ADR? In this, does the application is considered as locked, when we know we are missing one document, but waiting for the letter from IRCC as per the process they mentioned?
2) Have you heard anything from IRCC yet for your application. Please let us know if your application is accepted by IRCC with this way of providing Singapore COC.
3) If we have to apply based on ITA, then how we can do the same thing for spouse as dependent in the same application, while making the appeal, since ITA letter will be based on the primary applicant.

Appreciate your response on above.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Thanks a lot for your response. Now, couple of more questions from your response being sent:

1) After how many days of submitting PR application, your friend got the ADR? In this, does the application is considered as locked, when we know we are missing one document, but waiting for the letter from IRCC as per the process they mentioned?
2) Have you heard anything from IRCC yet for your application. Please let us know if your application is accepted by IRCC with this way of providing Singapore COC.
3) If we have to apply based on ITA, then how we can do the same thing for spouse as dependent in the same application, while making the appeal, since ITA letter will be based on the primary applicant.

Appreciate your response on above.
1) An ADR for Police verification is considered serious as it falls under R-10 Completeness check (meaning you are expected to submit a police verification for your application to be complete). All PR applications are rejected without any consideration/extension if you do not meet R-10 completeness requirements. I suggest that you yourself do your math on this, as I'm not sure about either the actual timeline of ADR or whether ADR means your application processing is stopped.

2) Sorry but why would I worry about that? I have already received and uploaded original Singapore COC. I think you're confusing appeal with COC. Letter from IRCC or ITA is required for appeal, once appeal is approved, you have your COC. It has no mention of how your appeal was approved. COC mentions your criminal involvement record.

3) Good question! So for spouse upload ITA + Marriage certificate and for children upload ITA + Birth certificate.

Hope my answer helps.