+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC Status Help

larabanesa

Dec 26, 2023
My status said that my application has been “Issued”. Does that mean they have already sent it via courier?

rlagramada

Dec 28, 2023
Hi, may I seek advise..
I am still waiting for the appeal approval. For the meantime I have 2 things in mind..

1. Do we still need a fingerprint impressions to submit to Singapore police even if we already requested a COC before? My thinking is that they already have our fingerprint impressions.. In this case, it would make our COC application faster.. We got our COC on 2021 when we were still applying for a student visa and OWP..

2. Since we can get the fingerprint form from the Singapore police website, can we already get the fingerprint impressions even if we haven't got the appeal approval?

Thank you in advance for your replies..

Dec 5, 2023
Hi, may I seek advise..
I am still waiting for the appeal approval. For the meantime I have 2 things in mind..

1. Do we still need a fingerprint impressions to submit to Singapore police even if we already requested a COC before? My thinking is that they already have our fingerprint impressions.. In this case, it would make our COC application faster.. We got our COC on 2021 when we were still applying for a student visa and OWP..

2. Since we can get the fingerprint form from the Singapore police website, can we already get the fingerprint impressions even if we haven't got the appeal approval?

Thank you in advance for your replies..
1.if you have gotten a COC before and you lost the document you can get a Duplicate certificate of clearance.. its much faster and cost 30$SGD.

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
My Profile: In-Canada applicant.
e-Appeal to Receipt of Physical CoC: 1 month 12 days

This thread helped me a lot . I received CoC today (so did my spouse). So I am hoping my timeline will aid others in estimating their time to preapare:

Note: If you have a friend in Singapore, select By Proxy and use their information (SC/SPR/EP/DP info) when filling up Appeal / Application Form. Much faster as you DON'T need physical copies of COC for PR application.

- Dec 08/2023 : Received ITA
- Dec 11/2023: Submitted an appeal for Singapore COC as a non-citizen & non-pr (I was under Employment Pass)
- Dec 12/2023 : Receive appeal approval
- Dec 12/2023: Applied for COC and Made Payment (Used ITA + Checklist Webpage as a supporting document, my spouse added marriage cert + ITA + Checklist Webpage)
- Dec 13/2023: Obtained e-mail confirmation and payment receipt and request for fingerprint
- Dec 15/2023 : Obtained fingerprints and mailed to Singapore (Canada Post: Tracking Enabled)
- Dec 28/2023 : Fingerprint reached Singapore
- Jan 05/2024 : CoC Status updated to: Approved. (Meaning they have all the documents required)
- Jan 09/2024: Email from SPF saying my COC will be mailed in 2 days and provided a Singpost tracking number. (This was not automated, I queried, so you should too with your Application reference number)
- Jan 15/2024: COC reached Canada
- Jan 22/2024: COC reached my home :)

Last edited:

2sunny2btrue

Jan 2, 2024
My Profile: In-Canada applicant.
e-Appeal to Receipt of Physical CoC: 1 month 12 days

This thread helped me a lot . I received CoC today (so did my spouse). So I am hoping my timeline will aid others in estimating their time to preapare:

Note: If you have a friend in Singapore, select By Proxy and use their information (SC/SPR/EP/DP info) when filling up Appeal / Application Form. Much faster as you DON'T need physical copies of COC for PR application.

- Dec 08/2023 : Received ITA
- Dec 11/2023: Submitted an appeal for Singapore COC as a non-citizen & non-pr (I was under Employment Pass)
- Dec 12/2023 : Receive appeal approval
- Dec 12/2023: Applied for COC and Made Payment (Used ITA + Checklist Webpage as a supporting document, my spouse added marriage cert + ITA + Checklist Webpage)
- Dec 13/2023: Obtained e-mail confirmation and payment receipt and request for fingerprint
- Dec 15/2023 : Obtained fingerprints and mailed to Singapore (Canada Post: Tracking Enabled)
- Dec 28/2023 : Fingerprint reached Singapore
- Jan 05/2024 : CoC Status updated to: Approved. (Meaning they have all the documents required)
- Jan 09/2024: Email from SPF saying my COC will be mailed in 2 days and provided a Singpost tracking number. (This was not automated, I queried, so you should too with your Application reference number)
- Jan 15/2024: COC reached Canada
- Jan 22/2024: COC reached my home :)
Congratulations. Could you please confirm if there are any other options apart from Canada Post that is faster for sending fingerprints? I am facing a deadline that's seemingly impossible if I have to wait 2 weeks for the fingerprints to be delivered to SPF. Appreciate your advice!

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
Congratulations. Could you please confirm if there are any other options apart from Canada Post that is faster for sending fingerprints? I am facing a deadline that's seemingly impossible if I have to wait 2 weeks for the fingerprints to be delivered to SPF. Appreciate your advice!
Hi Yes you can. There's DHL that'll take 3 days. But will be a bit expensive. Check here: https://www.easyship.com/en-ca/shipping-rate-calculator/canada-to-singapore

(Note: SPF will ALWAYS use Singpost standard international shipping, so consider at least 10 days SG to CA delivery)

If you're really really tight on deadlines:

I don't know whether you're submitting eAPR or submitting Singapore COC after it's been requested by IRCC. But Singapore CoC afaik not needed for eAPR submission. Check here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

You can say you need a letter while you're submitting application. They'll send you a letter. And upload the COC later when they provide a link / via Web form.

2sunny2btrue

Jan 2, 2024
Hi Yes you can. There's DHL that'll take 3 days. But will be a bit expensive. Check here: https://www.easyship.com/en-ca/shipping-rate-calculator/canada-to-singapore

(Note: SPF will ALWAYS use Singpost standard international shipping, so consider at least 10 days SG to CA delivery)

If you're really really tight on deadlines:

I don't know whether you're submitting eAPR or submitting Singapore COC after it's been requested by IRCC. But Singapore CoC afaik not needed for eAPR submission. Check here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

You can say you need a letter while you're submitting application. They'll send you a letter. And upload the COC later when they provide a link / via Web form.
Thank you so much for responding. I love your idea of submitting a letter and submit the actual COC later. I've got another question and I'm hoping you can help me out. Would you know where in BC (Vancouver) should I be getting my fingerprints done?

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
Thank you so much for responding. I love your idea of submitting a letter and submit the actual COC later. I've got another question and I'm hoping you can help me out. Would you know where in BC (Vancouver) should I be getting my fingerprints done?
You can google "Authorized Fingerprinting Services in Vancouver". I did from Montreal so don't know any one personally. You need make sure you use Singapore specific fingerprint form. You can download that from here: https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/9FD075711C7B489BBAB1F0109197884E.pdf

Reactions: 2sunny2btrue

DP_2023

May 10, 2023
My status said that my application has been “Issued”. Does that mean they have already sent it via courier?
Kindky advise what all documents need to be attached while making the appeal for Singapore COC.
I have got the ITA , but where is the letter stating that I need Singapore COC ? I am in Singapore only. How and where will I get this letter ?

I haven't submitted filling my post ITA details yet, please guide me.

Kindly advise.

Dec 5, 2023