+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Hi ,

I got my singapore police clearance certificate today. But the certificate was not provided for my complete stay duration. Is this a issue ? I am staying here from july 2011 to present(july 26 , 2017). But PCC was provided from july 2011 to june, 2017). I was informed that they will take into account when application got approved and not when finger printing was done. Will this cause any issue ?Date of issued is printed as July 26,2017.
Quick question: How long did i take after you submitted your finger prints? I've been waiting over 2 weeks now since they received them.

I assume faster since you're in Singapore?

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
So when you submitted you COC application did you get a summary page or email?. All I got was the payment invoice. I am assuming the application number is the E number in the invoice. Is that correct ?

Also for fingerprint request did you get a email or did you have to keep checking status online?

Finally, can I send the fingerprints using FBI template or need to find the Singapore Police form ?
You get a summery page with the application number on. I took a screen shot but I think there is an option to print it.

As for the fingerprints, I checked the status online the day after and it said to proceed with fingerprints. So I booked an appointment at the Singapore Embassy.

Tapinder

Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

Addressing this query specifically to folks who have got their COC's approved and currently residing in India.
How long did it take you to receive your COCs from Singapore. I have heard it takes 3-4 weeks to get the hard copy delivered through Singpost.

Appreciate the inputs.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
SPF has not replied to my email in 3 weeks and I have not been able to contact them on the phone for a week now.
The Singapore embassy in South Korea has refused to do the fingerprinting and told me that they will just give me a form. And they refused to send the form by post.

To avoid driving 5 hours one way, just to pick up the form, I would appreciate if someone who has done his fingerprints from a Singaporean embassy elsewhere confirm that this is the form used:

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register marriage in Thailand/fingerprint form for male 2 pages.pdf

thanks in advance.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hello everyone!

I have already submitted documents post ITA and uploaded a page for Singapore PCC using the text given in their website (Applying from a country which requires a formal document). However, having read through the comments here, it appears that COC is being issued on the basis of ITA also and I was accordingly preparing to file an appeal for the same.

I have a question for all those who have successfully filed an appeal, what did you write in the column that says "Appeal Plea"? I have written my reason for appeal but I keep getting an error message that says please input only in English Language so am a little confused.

Thanks a ton for your help!
Hi Varma,

Just curious, have you received the letter of request from IRCC to get your Singapore PCC yet?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Anyone else who recently (June/July) submitted e-APR without Singapore PCC and got the letter from IRCC later on?

I am about to submit e-APR soon, without Singapore PCC (they do not pick up my numerous calls) and want to make sure this is still the valid process.

Thanks all
matt

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
SPF has not replied to my email in 3 weeks and I have not been able to contact them on the phone for a week now.
The Singapore embassy in South Korea has refused to do the fingerprinting and told me that they will just give me a form. And they refused to send the form by post.

To avoid driving 5 hours one way, just to pick up the form, I would appreciate if someone who has done his fingerprints from a Singaporean embassy elsewhere confirm that this is the form used:

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register marriage in Thailand/fingerprint form for male 2 pages.pdf

thanks in advance.
You don't have to use the Singapore fingerprint form. Any standard fingerprint format will do. It just needs to do standard 10 fingers. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fingerprint-Cards-Applicant-FD-258-cards/dp/B00AX3LCO2

That being said ensure that whichever agency does your fingerprinting puts their signature and agency stamp. Also they should not use paste on fingerprints. The FBI channeller I used failed to do this and my fingerprints were just rejected by Sg.

I wish they published the requirements of the Sg website. Here is the text they sent me:

Please note that the fingerprints that you have sent are rejected as the scanning machine cannot read your fingerprints as they have been pasted over.
There is also no recording officer’s signature and the recording agency stamp on the forms.
If you are currently at USA, you can have your fingerprints recorded at the police stations at USA.
Please note that the fingerprint recording officer must signed and the recording agency stamp must be on the fingerprint forms.
We do not accept self-recorded fingerprints

Reactions: Jojii

sbwar

Jun 24, 2015
Hi Folks,

I got the Invite for Canada PR and had to do Singapore CoC as I had been there for 1 year. I didn't wait for CIC to provide authorization Letter and tried my best and received Singapore PCC as well. Below are the steps I followed.

For Me
Did Appeal on Singapore Police Website and provided list of documents (ITA received from CIC, Visa doc, Singapore payslips, rental agreements) , it was approved in 4-5 days and then raised e-COC application from same portal and got it approved in next 2 days. After that Did fingerprinting here in Canada and sent courier to my friend as I mentioned proxy as method of collection. I sent docs thru DHL which reached there in 2-3 days and friend had went to ppolice station personally with my envelopes and collected COC documents.

Same this is done for my wife as well. For

Reactions: Nani Ala

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone else who recently (June/July) submitted e-APR without Singapore PCC and got the letter from IRCC later on?

I am about to submit e-APR soon, without Singapore PCC (they do not pick up my numerous calls) and want to make sure this is still the valid process.

Thanks all
matt
Hi, my AOR is 19/6 and received CIC's letter of request on 25/7 (passed medicals on 13/7). We were given 60 days to provide the PCC after receiving the letter.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi, my AOR is 19/6 and received CIC's letter of request on 25/7 (passed medicals on 13/7). We were given 60 days to provide the PCC after receiving the letter.
Thank you for sharing. More than a month seems to be a long time for them to provide the letter of request..

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
You don't have to use the Singapore fingerprint form. Any standard fingerprint format will do. It just needs to do standard 10 fingers. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fingerprint-Cards-Applicant-FD-258-cards/dp/B00AX3LCO2

That being said ensure that whichever agency does your fingerprinting puts their signature and agency stamp. Also they should not use paste on fingerprints. The FBI channeller I used failed to do this and my fingerprints were just rejected by Sg.

I wish they published the requirements of the Sg website. Here is the text they sent me:

Please note that the fingerprints that you have sent are rejected as the scanning machine cannot read your fingerprints as they have been pasted over.
There is also no recording officer’s signature and the recording agency stamp on the forms.
If you are currently at USA, you can have your fingerprints recorded at the police stations at USA.
Please note that the fingerprint recording officer must signed and the recording agency stamp must be on the fingerprint forms.
We do not accept self-recorded fingerprints
Thanks a ton mate. This is immense help.
The police station here which did my fingerprints didn't put on a stamp. So I guess this saved me a ton of time.
I will probably try to use FBI forms then.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi Folks,

I got the Invite for Canada PR and had to do Singapore CoC as I had been there for 1 year. I didn't wait for CIC to provide authorization Letter and tried my best and received Singapore PCC as well. Below are the steps I followed.

For Me
Did Appeal on Singapore Police Website and provided list of documents (ITA received from CIC, Visa doc, Singapore payslips, rental agreements) , it was approved in 4-5 days and then raised e-COC application from same portal and got it approved in next 2 days. After that Did fingerprinting here in Canada and sent courier to my friend as I mentioned proxy as method of collection. I sent docs thru DHL which reached there in 2-3 days and friend had went to ppolice station personally with my envelopes and collected COC documents.

Same this is done for my wife as well. For
Hi, so it's totally ok to submit PCC without having to wait for request letter from CIC right? I have similar situation, I managed to have PCC based on ITA, my PCC is from Netherlands. Thanks!

Reactions: reach.mr.rahul

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, so it's totally ok to submit PCC without having to wait for request letter from CIC right? I have similar situation, I managed to have PCC based on ITA, my PCC is from Netherlands. Thanks!
Of course it is! All CIC want is your PCC, if you managed to obtain it without their letter of request, NO problem! ;)

reach.mr.rahul

Nov 14, 2016
Guys ,

I need to apply PCC for wife also .. when i trying to appeal for her , I don't see any option to select " House Wife " in present occupation list ? Any idea how should we procced