+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all,

I am applying for COC from Japan. Appeal approved, need to go for fingerprints soon.

I understand it has to be official, signed/stamped by authority doing it.

But how about the format? Is there a specific form to respect or just on a blank piece of paper, all fingers, paper stamped/signed is ok?

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I am applying for COC from Japan. Appeal approved, need to go for fingerprints soon.

I understand it has to be official, signed/stamped by authority doing it.

But how about the format? Is there a specific form to respect or just on a blank piece of paper, all fingers, paper stamped/signed is ok?
Go through the thread. All your questions are already answered.
In short you can't use blank paper but any standard finger printing template can be used. I have used FBI fingerprinting template. I have not submitted it yet but I believe it should be okay.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Go through the thread. All your questions are already answered.
In short you can't use blank paper but any standard finger printing template can be used. I have used FBI fingerprinting template. I have not submitted it yet but I believe it should be okay.
OK thanks. Problem is I stay in Japan, embassies say they can't take my fingerprint and I just called the Police Headquarters, an officer just told me they can take my fingerprint but they will not stamp/sign.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
OK thanks. Problem is I stay in Japan, embassies say they can't take my fingerprint and I just called the Police Headquarters, an officer just told me they can take my fingerprint but they will not stamp/sign.
I have the exact same problem. Singapore embassy here has declined to fingerprint me. The police will not stamp the fingerprints. the notaries don't do this. I am really p**sed now..

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I have the exact same problem. Singapore embassy here has declined to fingerprint me. The police will not stamp the fingerprints. the notaries don't do this. I am really p**sed now..
Are you in Japan? Singapore police department is closed until tomorrow, I plan to call them (a lot) and see what they say.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I also try to contact the Canada visa office in Tokyo.

In any ways, Singapore should provide details on how to get these prints done, per country. It is pretty irresponsible from them to act like that.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......

In any ways, Singapore should provide details on how to get these prints done, per country. It is pretty irresponsible from them to act like that.
No. I am in South Korea.
I have tried to call them constantly for 1 week. Never got through. They replied to my email after 3 weeks. The embassy here very rude and kept replying to my every question with "check with SPF, we don't know". They also told me to pick up the fingerprinting form in person and that they don't email or post it. Its a 5 hrs drive one way for me.

I don't think Canada Visa office would be any more helpful. The way I see it, Singapore has clearly stated that they aren't obliged to provide police certificates to foreigner (even Singaporean permanent residents). So you can see where their preferences lie.

I think your best bet is to find a person of the court or a notary who would be willing to do it.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
No. I am in South Korea.
I have tried to call them constantly for 1 week. Never got through. They replied to my email after 3 weeks. The embassy here very rude and kept replying to my every question with "check with SPF, we don't know". They also told me to pick up the fingerprinting form in person and that they don't email or post it. Its a 5 hrs drive one way for me.

I don't think Canada Visa office would be any more helpful. The way I see it, Singapore has clearly stated that they aren't obliged to provide police certificates to foreigner (even Singaporean permanent residents). So you can see where their preferences lie.

I think your best bet is to find a person of the court or a notary who would be willing to do it.
Confirmed, I called the Canada visa office and basically the reply is "we don't know".

OK I am planning to harass SPF on the phone tomorrow morning JPN time; hopefully I can get a reply. I'll try to update you if I don't forget.. but please remind me if I do.

Out of curiosity, have you considered getting your fingerprints at a notary public? And what template are you using for the prints (the one at the embassy?)?

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Confirmed, I called the Canada visa office and basically the reply is "we don't know".

OK I am planning to harass SPF on the phone tomorrow morning JPN time; hopefully I can get a reply. I'll try to update you if I don't forget.. but please remind me if I do.

Out of curiosity, have you considered getting your fingerprints at a notary public? And what template are you using for the prints (the one at the embassy?)?
For the fingerprinting form, you can use the FBI fingerprinting form and print it.

Otherwise you can download this form I accidentally found on Singapore embassy in Thailand.
https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register marriage in Thailand/fingerprint form for male 2 pages.pdf

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
For the fingerprinting form, you can use the FBI fingerprinting form and print it.

Otherwise you can download this form I accidentally found on Singapore embassy in Thailand.
https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register marriage in Thailand/fingerprint form for male 2 pages.pdf[/QUOTE

I agree they are bad, they should have published this info. Whats worse is I called them before getting my fingerprints (took me 30 minutes of redialing after getting a busy tone) and asked them what to do. The person said any standard form is OK and DID NOT tell me about getting a stamp done.

So I sent my fingerprints taken by a FBI chaneller here as per FBI process sent it to Singapore and they rejected it for not having a stamp and having tabs stuck on which is a acceptable process here in the US. Sigh 300 dollars down the drain considering fingerprints for my wife and me and courier cost.

If they accept my new chaneller taken fingerprints with stamp, @Jojii and @mattjp1 should see if you can find a private fingerprint authority you can use there. Maybe search for folks who help with FBI certificates ?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I agree they are bad, they should have published this info. Whats worse is I called them before getting my fingerprints (took me 30 minutes of redialing after getting a busy tone) and asked them what to do. The person said any standard form is OK and DID NOT tell me about getting a stamp done.

So I sent my fingerprints taken by a FBI chaneller here as per FBI process sent it to Singapore and they rejected it for not having a stamp and having tabs stuck on which is a acceptable process here in the US. Sigh 300 dollars down the drain considering fingerprints for my wife and me and courier cost.

If they accept my new chaneller taken fingerprints with stamp, @Jojii and @mattjp1 should see if you can find a private fingerprint authority you can use there. Maybe search for folks who help with FBI certificates ?
Thanks for sharing. I found this in Japan, perhaps something similar exist in Korea I'm not sure: https://www.japanpi.com/legal-investigations/obtain-public-records/finger-prints-fbi/

Anyway I'm waiting SPC COC office opens at 9am SG time to call and ask to speak to a manager or something. This situation is not normal to me.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Thanks for sharing. I found this in Japan, perhaps something similar exist in Korea I'm not sure: https://www.japanpi.com/legal-investigations/obtain-public-records/finger-prints-fbi/

Anyway I'm waiting SPC COC office opens at 9am SG time to call and ask to speak to a manager or something. This situation is not normal to me.
This is what surprises me most. The singapore govt is extremely efficient and well organized. However the lack of information on the COC website is glaring.
I have heard a lot of people specially in the UAE getting finger prints done at the embassy. However the embassy in SK flatly rejected it. They also asked me to come in person to pick up the fingerprinting forms and refused to email me. Then a week later, I receive a reply to my question to SPF, and they have attached pdf file for the finger print form. Go figure!

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......

I don't know if you have noticed this. but the website you mention has the following faq"

Can you take fingerprints for Singaporean government?
Singaporean embassy will take fingerprints for Singaporean police. Please contact them and make an appointment.

Embassy of the Republic of Singapore – Tokyo
Address: 5 Chome-12-3 Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo 106-0032
Phone: 03-3586-9111

Reactions: mattjp1