+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

muggle84

Apr 21, 2017
Can anyone you have already obtained a Singapore PCC share what kind of text it has.
I suppose it lists the dates. But does it also mention addresses or any other particulars?

Any information in this matter would be highly appreciated.
Hi, if you meant Certificate of Clearance (COC), this is how mine reads:

"This is to certify that NAME, PASSPORT NUMBER, (whose photograph is affixed) has no criminal record with this Department in Singapore from DATE to DATE. This certificate is issued only for the holder for use in Canada"

Hope that helps. The date is exactly what I entered in my application form.

Reactions: tinzzz and Jojii

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi folks,
I submitted my Appeal for CoC on 2017 Jun 07. Until now, there is no SMS result, the online enquiry status still shows "in-progress". Tried to call them but couldn't get thru the line. Any advice on this issue plz? T_T

toby101

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Our appeal and application for coc has been approved (foreigner living in singapore). But problem is the earliest schedule is only august 1.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
I tried my luck last week and appealed with my ITA. To my surprise, it got accepted and now I have to send my fingerprints. My last date of submitting all docs to CIC is August 3. I am not sure if I will get the COC on time. SO my question is:

Can I apply without the COC stating that "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate" and then upload the COC after AOR, which would be maximum if 10 days, but without the official request letter from IRCC?
Better to submit with COC from Singapore. Processing time might wary depending on how fast you can arrange for all necessary things.

toby101

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I tried my luck last week and appealed with my ITA. To my surprise, it got accepted and now I have to send my fingerprints. My last date of submitting all docs to CIC is August 3. I am not sure if I will get the COC on time. SO my question is:

Can I apply without the COC stating that "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate" and then upload the COC after AOR, which would be maximum if 10 days, but without the official request letter from IRCC?

From what i have read in the forums and what the others have done is the same as what you are planning because that is the instruction in the CIC website with regards to Singapore PCC

Tommy22shoes

Jun 14, 2017
Would be nice to get my Singapore police check. The Singapore police force said it was posted 16th May. 5 weeks later and I still haven't received it and the 60 day deadline is up. They're messing with people's lives here

steventran

Dec 21, 2015
Hi,
It's better to ask a 3rd party/proxy (e.g. Friend, relatives ...) in Singapore to collect the COC on your behalf. Then your friend/relatives just sends you a good COC scanned colour by email so that you can upload straight away in your CiC account. You will save so much time ... then your friend can send the originals to you via singpost (as a registered post mail) for about 10-15 sgd. however, be careful, you will need to provide to your friend a letter of authorization so that she/he can collect on your behalf. What i did is that i sent all the necessary documents to my friend in SG (including the letter of authorization for her to keep and bring along for the collection and then she mailed the others documents to SPF).

The same for me, SPF rejected my COC appeal based on the ITA letter. They required the letter from CIC that i need to provide a PCC from Singapore. CIC sent me this letter about 15 days after my AOR.
If your spouse is included in your application => mention in a LOE that you and your wife will need this CIC letter to apply for this Singapore PCC/COC

Just fyi, the process took me around 3 weeks (from receiving the CIC letter until my friend sent me the COC by scan email)

I hope this could help u
Hi,
If I ask my friend to collect my COC on my behalf, then do I send my finger print to my friend or I still send to COC Office? I am currently in Canada.
Thank you

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi,
If I ask my friend to collect my COC on my behalf, then do I send my finger print to my friend or I still send to COC Office? I am currently in Canada.
Thank you
Hi steventran,
If you ask your friend to collect your COC on your behalf, he/she would normally need the original authorization letter that you will issue for him/her (stating that you authorize him/her to collect the COC on your behalf). Therefore, since you will be sending the original authorization letter to your friend, I would recommend to join as well in the same envelop, the necessary documents requested by SPF (i.e. fingerprints, etc ...) in a dedicated envelop with the address of SPF so that your friend can just post mail with Singpost upon receiving.

This is what I did and it worked perfectly.
I sent a DHL courier to my friend in SG containing the authorization letter + 1 envelop with SPF address containing all the requested docs by SPF (i.e. fingerprints, etc ...).
Upon receiving the DHL courier, my friend just took the envelop addressed to SPF and went to Singpost to stamp it & post mailed it.

Hope this help.
Good luck.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
what does a letter of authorization need to say?
the authorization letter just need to contains the following details :
- you (name and valid ID) authorize your friend/relative (name and valid ID) to collect your COC under COC application #

steventran

Dec 21, 2015
Hi steventran,
If you ask your friend to collect your COC on your behalf, he/she would normally need the original authorization letter that you will issue for him/her (stating that you authorize him/her to collect the COC on your behalf). Therefore, since you will be sending the original authorization letter to your friend, I would recommend to join as well in the same envelop, the necessary documents requested by SPF (i.e. fingerprints, etc ...) in a dedicated envelop with the address of SPF so that your friend can just post mail with Singpost upon receiving.

This is what I did and it worked perfectly.
I sent a DHL courier to my friend in SG containing the authorization letter + 1 envelop with SPF address containing all the requested docs by SPF (i.e. fingerprints, etc ...).
Upon receiving the DHL courier, my friend just took the envelop addressed to SPF and went to Singpost to stamp it & post mailed it.

Hope this help.
Good luck.
Dear PonJoub,
Thank you very much for your reply. I greatly appreciated.
I just have 1 more question, How long does it take for SPF to process your application? Does SPF email you to let you know the date of collection right after they receive your Finger Print?
Thank you in advance

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Dear PonJoub,
Thank you very much for your reply. I greatly appreciated.
I just have 1 more question, How long does it take for SPF to process your application? Does SPF email you to let you know the date of collection right after they receive your Finger Print?
Thank you in advance
Hi steventran,

It seems that there is no real standard timeframe for SPF to issue the COC ...
mine was issue and ready for collection in about 1 week after SPF received the documents by Singpost (and it was during Chinese New Year period => so I was quite surprised to get it ready so quick ...). But I have seen that some others applicants waited for much longer than that ...
In my case, I received an email from SPF stating that my COC was ready for collection by my designated proxy (but again I am not sure whether this is a common practice from SPF to do that ...)

Good luck ;)
Cheers

sav_abhi

Apr 17, 2017
Hi, if you meant Certificate of Clearance (COC), this is how mine reads:

"This is to certify that NAME, PASSPORT NUMBER, (whose photograph is affixed) has no criminal record with this Department in Singapore from DATE to DATE. This certificate is issued only for the holder for use in Canada"

Hope that helps. The date is exactly what I entered in my application form.
Was your start date same as your employment pass date?

sav_abhi

Apr 17, 2017
Hi, I have a question about the duration of my stay question while applying for the appeal.

Should I start on the date when my EP was issued or the date I first landed in Singapore under visitor pass with IPA.

Hope you can help me on this. Thank you.
Hi what did you finally do?

sav_abhi

Apr 17, 2017
Hi.. I have one query.. I want to confirm the start date of PCC. In your case is it the start date of EP or the landing date.

I got from my EP date? Will it be ok to CIC?