+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
Yes the link doesn't mention anything about USA only, however I was watching the live presser and that question was asked in french to the minister, does this only apply to USA and he replied "yes". So I hope the minister just goofed on the answer (fingers crossed)

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Yes the link doesn't mention anything about USA only, however I was watching the live presser and that question was asked in french to the minister, does this only apply to USA and he replied "yes". So I hope the minister just goofed on the answer (fingers crossed)
mmm I see. JT didn't mention it explicitly though. I suppose the IRCC is the best source then?

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I think the minister made a mistake in the question. CIC news site already changed their article, and nowhere on the official release https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2020/06/changes-to-travel-restrictions-for-immediate-family-members-of-canadian-citizens-and-permanent-residents.html does it mention anything about being specific to the USA
Thank you for sharing the great news!
This is not for US-Canada border only, but for all, is it?

Last edited:

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
All news sources and the CBSA notice on canada.ca seems to support the fact that all Foreign Nationals that are immediate family members of Canadian citizens or PR holders can travel from tomorrow. It's only the CICnew.com that's saying otherwise. And the minister said it once... but clearly as stated by others, is a mistake on part of the minister. CBSA is usually the one overturning anybody else on matters of who can enter and who cannot. Even JT's ahahhaah for that matter... and CBSA seems to be mentioning all FN and not just those from the US.

PS. trying to contact CBSA on phone, but the line is busy. So if anybody is able to confirm with them, please post here!

Reactions: Teepayne

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks, but do they need an essential reason to enter?
Just my $0.02 but I'd think not. If you had essential reason, you could travel even before the amendment to travel restriction. But as I said, you need to be prepared to satisfy CBSA that you'll leave before visa expires.

Reactions: wsidd

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thanks, but do they need an essential reason to enter?
no just that you will stay for at least 15 days and valid visa to enter.

Reactions: wsidd