+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason

Lydiabb123

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, I also got the email from CBSA

They send me the link if my parents meet the requirement to entry Canada,

it seems like no confirmation and no answer.

Anyways, according to IRCC website and CBSA website, it announced Immediate family can entry Canada in non-essential reason, I think right now to reunite with family need to write a detail plan for self-isolation, prove relationship, as more detail as we can.

I also called CBSA to confirm the new release for June 08, they told me yes to travel Canada for immediate family.

In my opinion, even though do not have COVID-19, we always need to satisfy the officer at boarder by land/air/cruise for any other country, in this COVID-19 is needed more detail to satisfy them anyways.

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hello, I also got the email from CBSA

They send me the link if my parents meet the requirement to entry Canada,

it seems like no confirmation and no answer.

Anyways, according to IRCC website and CBSA website, it announced Immediate family can entry Canada in non-essential reason, I think right now to reunite with family need to write a detail plan for self-isolation, prove relationship, as more detail as we can.

I also called CBSA to confirm the new release for June 08, they told me yes to travel Canada for immediate family.

In my opinion, even though do not have COVID-19, we always need to satisfy the officer at boarder by land/air/cruise for any other country, in this COVID-19 is needed more detail to satisfy them anyways.
Yes, need to better prepare than before. I just cannot image how they work, different "voice" through different channels.
When I returned, I was not asked a "written plan" by BSOs, just asked whether I have a place to isolate, food and water and medical care.
I also get policy call and in-field check after days back home, the police said my info is from CBSA.
FYI and good luck.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Does anyone know what to do when airlines aren’t aware of the new change in border measures? The airlines have a direct line to IATA to verify border policies but not to CBSA.

I’m a bit concerned that I might get denied boarding, and I want to make sure I’ll have enough information to convince them should that happen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because Canada is taking on the medical care for visitors when in comes to covid and because Canada is finally on the pathway to get covid under control there may be still be questions about why visitors need to travel now. We'll need to see what people experience at the airport.

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Because Canada is taking on the medical care for visitors when in comes to covid and because Canada is finally on the pathway to get covid under control there may be still be questions about why visitors need to travel now. We'll need to see what people experience at the airport.
care for visitors when it comes to covid? As in care them for free or do you mean visitors just using Canadian's hospitals and paying exorbitant prices?

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi all,

Just to update, my spouse successfully landed in Toronto with her existing TRV. She traveled from Singapore via Japan and Vancouver. Airline officers in Singapore and Japan were very scrupulous in verifying supporting documents to proof that she's an immediate family member of a PR/Citizen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
care for visitors when it comes to covid? As in care them for free or do you mean visitors just using Canadian's hospitals and paying exorbitant prices?
Exorbitant prices is relative. Costs are in line with other countries with similar systems. We pay our healthcare professionals better than European countries so costs get passed along. Visitors don't pay taxes so they should pay if using our healthcare services. People should purchase travel medical insurance to avoid large medical bills. People should have medical insurance if they visit Canada. Yes Canada is providing free covid testing a treatment to protect those who are in Canada and are not visitors. If a visitor who had covid delayed seeking treatment they are more likely to spread covid. Providing free testing encourages everyone to get tested as soon as possible so they can go into quarantine and contact tracing can be done.

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Hi, I am a Canadian Citizen. My sister has a Visitor Visa. Can she visit me during COVID 19 thing? What are the reasons she can give to immigration Officers for travelling to satisfy them?

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
I am an international student and in Canada right now. Would my wife (Visitor Visa) be able to join me here from India without any approval letter?

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi all,

Just to update, my spouse successfully landed in Toronto with her existing TRV. She traveled from Singapore via Japan and Vancouver. Airline officers in Singapore and Japan were very scrupulous in verifying supporting documents to proof that she's an immediate family member of a PR/Citizen.
Good to hear that. What questions did IO in Canada asked your spouse? Did you take any approval prior to your spouse landing in Canada?
Do they ask supporting documents to substantiate your relationship?

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,
My husband landed in Canada (Montreal) this month on the visitor visa (eTA). The only proof of relationship that officer asked him was our marriage certificate and a copy of my Canadian passport.
No issues at the airport.
Of course quarantine for two weeks.... he has his own medical insurance as visitor to Canada.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hello,
My husband landed in Canada (Montreal) this month on the visitor visa (eTA). The only proof of relationship that officer asked him was our marriage certificate and a copy of my Canadian passport.
No issues at the airport.
Of course quarantine for two weeks.... he has his own medical insurance as visitor to Canada.
How long did they give him? Did they ask how long he wants to stay. I read that if a visitor is in Canada for six months or more they can apply for a open work permit at the point of entry or once in Canada. Can someone please chime in.

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
How long did they give him? Did they ask how long he wants to stay. I read that if a visitor is in Canada for six months or more they can apply for a open work permit at the point of entry or once in Canada. Can someone please chime in.
My husband does NOT need a visa to enter Canada as a visitor. (only eTA) He has right to be in Canada to up to 6 month per year as any other visitor. In our case we are not planing for him to be here in Canada more then a month for now. Nobody ask him for returned ticket. He can NOT apply for open work permit, because he is "outland" PR applicant.

Reactions: CDNsoldier