+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know who issues the letter. But I was asking the OP how they were able to obtain the letter. when I was not and a whole bunch of other members were not. What did the OP do differently than what we did? how was the OPs situation different than ours? is what I’m trying to get to the bottom of.
We will have to see but would imagine it has to do with finding a staff member willing to write the letter.

Reactions: CDNsoldier

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I should have asked. Are you in/Outland spousal?If so, it’s super long, no?
Outland. But according to statistics, only 70-80% of the application are complete within one year. Ours is longer, but 16 months is not super long considering it was also interrupted by Corona virus.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Outland. But according to statistics, only 70-80% of the application are complete within one year. Ours is longer, but 16 months is not super long considering it was also interrupted by Corona virus.
I commend you for your positive attitude and patience. All the best my friend!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I've just managed to enter Canada being a spouse of a Canadian citizen, having a visitor visa and still waiting for PR.
Though it was written on the official government of Canada websites that immediate families of Canadian citizens do not need letters of authorization, but I can tell you for sure - get this letter if you intend to travel to Canada. This letter was checked in the city of departure, then in the city of a layover before taking the next flight to Canada and then in Canada at the arrival. Without this letter they wouldn't let me board.
Thank you for the information. What country do you come from and which airline did you take to Canada if you don't mind telling us.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know who issues the letter. But I was asking the OP how they were able to obtain the letter. when I was not and a whole bunch of other members were not. What did the OP do differently than what we did? how was the OPs situation different than ours? is what I’m trying to get to the bottom of.
Your wife doesn’t have a TRV. She would need to get one to be considered for a letter.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Your wife doesn’t have a TRV. She would need to get one to be considered for a letter.
No, it’s still in progress. But we don’t know if the OP applied for the TRV and the letter at the same time or did the OP already possess a TRV prior to the pandemic, and just requests a latter recently.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
All right. Is entering via land border in order to immigrate and establish residence with all the stuff considered essential reason?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, it’s still in progress. But we don’t know if the OP applied for the TRV and the letter at the same time or did the OP already possess a TRV prior to the pandemic, and just requests a latter recently.
The previous posts say that they already had the TRV.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
If you are staying with your husband the whole household goes into quarantine for 14 days. The other option is that he goes elsewhere and stays in his own apartment or hotel room for 14 days.
I see. Thanks! I was just trying to make sure the travel for her via land border is considered essential as I read many Americans with Canadian spouses were turned away at land borders.

I can quarantine easily as well anyway as I am wfh.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see. Thanks! I was just trying to make sure the travel for her via land border is considered essential as I read many Americans with Canadian spouses were turned away at land borders.

I can quarantine easily as well anyway as I am wfh.
Others seem to have been able to move to Canada permanently once they have their COPR especially before a March 18th.. It is such a fluid situation keeps on changing. When are you moving?