+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bunutu

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
The officer who I asked for expedited processing said in most cases the certificate should arrive in 2 weeks but to get it earlier need proof of urgency. Also in another thread here specifically regarding Certificate arrival time I think most posted they got it between 1-2 weeks with some exceptions.
I got it in 1 week ( no urgent )

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hello everybody,

APPLICATION HISTORY
Application Type: Family
Physical Presence Days: 1400
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Delivered: September 2nd, 2020
AOR: February 2nd, 2021
In Progress ECAS: February 5th, 2021
BG Checks Completed: September 7th, 2021

STILL NO TEST INVITE
IT'S BEEN 15 MONTHS SINCE WE FILED FOR OUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Please, can anybody help me understand 1) why this delay happens and 2) how much longer (your educated guess) are we going to wait until a) our test invite and b) oath ceremony? I appreciate ALL OF YOU GUYS for being so amazing and helpful here on this platform. I am looking forward to any estimate, experience based analysis, insight info, etc. Thanks a lot.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Update:

My family got ours citizenship certificates in the mail today. Each of the certificates came in a separate envelop. They were delivered to our community mailbox.

The tracker was updated to completed on Nov. 25, 2021 (one day after the oath) even though we sent our signed confirmation immediately after the oath ceremony.

The mail was postmarked Dec. 2, 2021.

We hadn't requested for urgent delivery of certificates.

Reactions: johnbro

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello everybody,

APPLICATION HISTORY
Application Type: Family
Physical Presence Days: 1400
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Delivered: September 2nd, 2020
AOR: February 2nd, 2021
In Progress ECAS: February 5th, 2021
BG Checks Completed: September 7th, 2021

STILL NO TEST INVITE
IT'S BEEN 15 MONTHS SINCE WE FILED FOR OUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Please, can anybody help me understand 1) why this delay happens and 2) how much longer (your educated guess) are we going to wait until a) our test invite and b) oath ceremony? I appreciate ALL OF YOU GUYS for being so amazing and helpful here on this platform. I am looking forward to any estimate, experience based analysis, insight info, etc. Thanks a lot.
I suggest that you do one or more of the following

1. Order GCMS Notes using Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request
2. Write to your MP and ask them to inquire with IRCC citing unreasonable delay
3. Send a Webform request to inquire about your application
4. Call IRCC on their toll free number (least effective method, but worth a try)
5. If you know your local office's email address, then email them directly and ask

If you haven't already, then check your Citizenship Application Status on the new tracker that replaces ECAS.

Reactions: Matt-NL

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
I suggest that you do one or more of the following

1. Order GCMS Notes using Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request
2. Write to your MP and ask them to inquire with IRCC citing unreasonable delay
3. Send a Webform request to inquire about your application
4. Call IRCC on their toll free number (least effective method, but worth a try)
5. If you know your local office's email address, then email them directly and ask

If you haven't already, then check your Citizenship Application Status on the new tracker that replaces ECAS.

Hello my friend,
Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate it.
I have already ordered GCMS Notes. I will contact our local MP ASAP. I will do some research about Webform option because I haven't known it before. Perhaps you could elaborate it a little for me if you have any experience with that. Calling IRCC doesn't work because the call center cares only about urgent cases (citizenship applications are not one of them). I don't know the email address of NL local office. How can I find the number? I googled it and there is no info on the internet. I check our status regularly via ECAS and tracker.
I would be very happy if you share your experience with me.
Once again, thank you very much.
Best,
Matt

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Hello my friend,
I have already ordered GCMS Notes. I will contact our local MP ASAP. I will do some research about Webform option because I haven't known it before. Perhaps you could elaborate it a little for me if you have any experience with that. Calling IRCC doesn't work because the call center cares only about urgent cases (citizenship applications are not one of them). I don't know the email address of NL local office. How can I find the number? I googled it and there is no info on the internet. I check our status regularly via ECAS and tracker.
Best,
Matt
PS GCMS Notes have not been sent yet, but it's been +1 month and I am sure I will receive them soon.

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
Citizenship Grant Application
Details: This application is for my mum who is PR holder in Canada. We applied for her Citizenship grant application. Following are the details.

Residence Location: Hamilton, ON
Application Processing Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia
App Type: Single ( Age 70 )
Physical Presence Days: 1,189
App Sent: Dec 10th, 2020
App Delivered: Dec 14th, 2020
AOR: Feb 24th, 2021
BG verification completed: Apr 27th, 2021

Physical Presence: Still In process (Dec 07th, 2021)
Prohibitions: Still In process (Dec 07th, 2021)
Language Skills: Still In process (Dec 07th, 2021)

I am wondering if anyone can have any input because seems like the delay is more than most applications I read about in this forum.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship Grant Application
Details: This application is for my mum who is PR holder in Canada. We applied for her Citizenship grant application. Following are the details.

Residence Location: Hamilton, ON
Application Processing Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia
App Type: Single ( Age 70 )
Physical Presence Days: 1,189
App Sent: Dec 10th, 2020
App Delivered: Dec 14th, 2020
AOR: Feb 24th, 2021
BG verification completed: Apr 27th, 2021

Physical Presence: Still In process (Dec 07th, 2021)
Prohibitions: Still In process (Dec 07th, 2021)
Language Skills: Still In process (Dec 07th, 2021)

I am wondering if anyone can have any input because seems like the delay is more than most applications I read about in this forum.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dont worry there are a lot of people in a similar position. Remember that the people posting here only represent a small % of the overall pool of applicants who choose to share their details, a majority of the applicants are off forum.

Reactions: mimmica

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
Dont worry there are a lot of people in a similar position. Remember that the people posting here only represent a small % of the overall pool of applicants who choose to share their details, a majority of the applicants are off forum.
Thankyou royce110 for your input! It seems long time since things has moved in tracker. Wishing everyone good luck with their cases. The wait gets stressful sometimes.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello my friend,
Best,
Matt
The webform is a tool to request from and/or send information to IRCC. This is useful if you do not have any response from them on other channels. But like the other channels, the information received may not be useful at all or may not even get a response in some cases. It does get them tp look at your file though, which may (or may not) result in some noticeable movement.

If you look at my previous posts on the September thread, you will see that I did get a response when I queried the Mississauga office on the email that I received the test invite from. But others who I suggested to try this got varying responses.

I did not have to resort to contacting my MP, so I would not be able to guide in that.

All these means are only a way to prod IRCC along, but it is entirely up tp them in how fast they process any individual application.

The GCMS notes are the best source of information as far as I can tell, and you should wait till you get them. Search through the forum and you will find various analyses of these notes by various people that will help you understand these.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
The webform is a tool to request from and/or send information to IRCC. This is useful if you do not have any response from them on other channels. But like the other channels, the information received may not be useful at all or may not even get a response in some cases. It does get them tp look at your file though, which may (or may not) result in some noticeable movement.

If you look at my previous posts on the September thread, you will see that I did get a response when I queried the Mississauga office on the email that I received the test invite from. But others who I suggested to try this got varying responses.

I did not have to resort to contacting my MP, so I would not be able to guide in that.

All these means are only a way to prod IRCC along, but it is entirely up tp them in how fast they process any individual application.

The GCMS notes are the best source of information as far as I can tell, and you should wait till you get them. Search through the forum and you will find various analyses of these notes by various people that will help you understand these.
I appreciate your kind and very detailed explanation. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Yesterday, I wrote a petition to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Today, I received the following answer.
I don't know if this will bring anything. But at least, it is better than just waiting.
Next step: contacting my local MP.

Dear Dr. XXXXX:

On behalf of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

I recognize why you have written to the Prime Minister and asked for assistance; however, I hope you will understand that he is unable to personally intervene in this matter.

In your correspondence, you raise an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Fraser for information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

X.X. XXXXXX
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
Services de la correspondance
de la haute direction

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Yesterday, I wrote a petition to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Today, I received the following answer.
I don't know if this will bring anything. But at least, it is better than just waiting.
Next step: contacting my local MP.

Dear Dr. XXXXX:

On behalf of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

I recognize why you have written to the Prime Minister and asked for assistance; however, I hope you will understand that he is unable to personally intervene in this matter.

In your correspondence, you raise an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Fraser for information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

X.X. XXXXXX
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
Services de la correspondance
de la haute direction
What did you write in your petition to the PM?

Orisk

Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
March 8th, 2017
Omg finally. Hadn't heard an update since March. This was getting ridiculous. Seems that the Vancouver office is finally picking up things

Got the email to take the test between Dec 10 and Dec 30.