+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rushabh.patel208

Dec 8, 2021
It was pretty simple.
I join meeting at 9.50
Clerk allow me in meeting at 10.10 am
And then he transfer us to another room then senior clerk see our id and then ask from me to cut pr card and then he send me another room where we wait for 20 minutes then judge came give his speech and remarks and we did oath in both languages.
After that senior clerk give instructions how to sign oath paper and how to send it back to them
Thats it.
Many congratulations..!!
Did you got that Oath form paper in your email with invitation or they sent it during the meeting..??

Reactions: smilysmoke19

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Question for family applicants - When your status was changed to "Decision Made" , was it for everyone in your family, i.e., yourself, your spouse and the kids too? Or was it for just you and your spouse ? and kids' application stayed in "In Progress" state till the Oath Invite came?

Because in my case, my wife's and my status is "Decision Made" but my 14yr old son's application is still "In Progress"...although his "Prohibitions" was set to Complete on the same day my status changed to DM.

So just wondering if it is normal or there is something wrong with my son's app.
This is my second question in last few days which has gone unanswered. Looks like people who could answer have already become citizens and have abandoned this forum (rightly so, I would have done the same)...and the people who are left here are either as clueless as me or are too concerned with their own applications (understandably so). :)

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
This is my second question in last few days which has gone unanswered. Looks like people who could answer have already become citizens and have abandoned this forum (rightly so, I would have done the same)...and the people who are left here are either as clueless as me or are too concerned with their own applications (understandably so). :)
I think you feel too entitled. I'm pretty sure folks would answer your question if we know the answer, out of kindness, but not obligation.

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for family applicants - When your status was changed to "Decision Made" , was it for everyone in your family, i.e., yourself, your spouse and the kids too? Or was it for just you and your spouse ? and kids' application stayed in "In Progress" state till the Oath Invite came?

Because in my case, my wife's and my status is "Decision Made" but my 14yr old son's application is still "In Progress"...although his "Prohibitions" was set to Complete on the same day my status changed to DM.

So just wondering if it is normal or there is something wrong with my son's app.
Yeah same happened with me. I got the answer here and saw other places too that the minor will get completed status only in prohibition after parents get the DM. Their application will still be in progress until we finish the oath. This is the way IRCC works. Nothing unusual here.

Reactions: rajneeshv

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Yeah same happened with me. I got the answer here and saw other places too that the minor will get completed status only in prohibition after parents get the DM. Their application will still be in progress until we finish the oath. This is the way IRCC works. Nothing unusual here.
Ohk, that helps. Thanks a lot Rehan.

Reactions: Rehan123

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
I think you feel too entitled. I'm pretty sure folks would answer your question if we know the answer, out of kindness, but not obligation.
haha...I wish we had Dislike button on this forum. Also looking at your comment, I think you should practice what your profile name suggests. :p

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hello everyone!

Remember when some of us, couple of month ago, signed up for participating in a test of a new product of IRCC/Citizenship?

I was contacted today. I will participate next week. I will let you know what's this all about (If I'm allowed to).

"Hello,

You are receiving this email because you have indicated your interest in testing a new product with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to help improve services.

We are currently booking 45-minute online sessions taking place on December 15th and December 16th. Please read the details below before booking a testing session.

Participation Details:

• Sessions will be conducted in English.
  • You must have applied for Canadian citizenship in the last two years.
  • You will need to use a computer or laptop with an internet connection; mobile phones and tablets cannot be used.
  • Participation in this session is voluntary and anonymous; no personal information will be captured during the session.
"

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
Hello everyone!

Remember when some of us, couple of month ago, signed up for participating in a test of a new product of IRCC/Citizenship?

I was contacted today. I will participate next week. I will let you know what's this all about (If I'm allowed to).

"Hello,

You are receiving this email because you have indicated your interest in testing a new product with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to help improve services.

We are currently booking 45-minute online sessions taking place on December 15th and December 16th. Please read the details below before booking a testing session.

Participation Details:

• Sessions will be conducted in English.
  • You must have applied for Canadian citizenship in the last two years.
  • You will need to use a computer or laptop with an internet connection; mobile phones and tablets cannot be used.
  • Participation in this session is voluntary and anonymous; no personal information will be captured during the session.
"
It's about a new Citizenship book aka online tool to learn about Canadian History, laws, etc to pass the Citizenship test

Reactions: MaryC

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I had answered this specific question a few days ago, specifically as this question was asked many times...

Reactions: rajneeshv

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
Is there a right and wrong way to order GCMS notes, I have ordered twice and didn't get anything, someone mentioned attach PR card etc, can someone please explain the eight way to order GCMs notes
You're not doing anything wrong....I ordered 3 times and never received a reply. I emailed them, too -- nothing.

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
I suggest that you do one or more of the following

1. Order GCMS Notes using Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request
2. Write to your MP and ask them to inquire with IRCC citing unreasonable delay
3. Send a Webform request to inquire about your application
4. Call IRCC on their toll free number (least effective method, but worth a try)
5. If you know your local office's email address, then email them directly and ask

If you haven't already, then check your Citizenship Application Status on the new tracker that replaces ECAS.
Just an FYI who is trying any of these things currently...

1. Order GCMS Notes using Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request

*I've sent 3 ATIP requests - August, September, October. None have ever resulted in anything other than a form email. I've emailed the ATIP email help line and they never responded (it's been 65 days since that email)

2. Write to your MP and ask them to inquire with IRCC citing unreasonable delay

*No comment/have not tried yet

3. Send a Webform request to inquire about your application

*I've sent 3 webform requests - August, September, October. None have ever resulted in any response.

4. Call IRCC on their toll free number (least effective method, but worth a try)

*I've tried calling 2 times. Both times they refused to answer any questions, look up your application or discuss anything for anyone who isn't in danger or approved for urgent processing

5. If you know your local office's email address, then email them directly and ask

*I've tried this 1 time with the Mississauga Office. You immediately get a form letter in response but no actual answer.

Consider the above before you waste your time -- looks like IRCC is done even pretending to care about delayed applicants.

Reactions: happysheep