+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

pranav_27990

Apr 20, 2016
I just got the email notification for my test and in it, it says this:

• If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.
  • ==================

I might not need to travel at all. I will contact them and tell you how they respond.
I received this in my test invitation link as well and I've sent an E-mail like they requested. How soon did you hear back after you've sent them an E-mail?

Reactions: keypad

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
3 to 5 months but I am somehow optimistic things will start to pick up soon given the re-opening happening across the country.
I think (hope) they're going to speed things up - Call it a wild hunch but i think as the pandemic winds down, resources across govt departments that were getting re-allocated for public health/pandemic response purposes, will now start going back to their "home" departments.. IRCC case officers who were probably deputed/seconded to public health projects, may now being going back to their desks to work on files..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I think (hope) they're going to speed things up - Call it a wild hunch but i think as the pandemic winds down, resources across govt departments that were getting re-allocated for public health/pandemic response purposes, will now start going back to their "home" departments.. IRCC case officers who were probably deputed/seconded to public health projects, may now being going back to their desks to work on files..
Why do you think that cic dept was involved in helping in health/pandemic issues which caused delay for processing applications? No, They are the ones i know who were fighting for 699 code ;) to avoid working while other departs work.

Reactions: newbutterfly

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Copy from Fb Group
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period. important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented. Good luck on your citizenship test!
Citizenship Official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Copy from Fb Group
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period. important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented. Good luck on your citizenship test!
Citizenship Official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Do you know if it’s for all local offices or just some ?

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Completed my Citizenship today.

App Date: Sep 18, 2020
BGC Complete: Mar 16
Test email date: June 23
Test duration: June 25-July 15
Take Taken: June 25
Completed your citizenship or citizenship test?