+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This is completely false. I got my test invite long before my bg checks were complete.
I said 'unlikely'. I didn't say impossible. It isn't 'completely' false!

I have seen only few applicants receive test invitations before background checks are complete. I update the 2019 and 2020 spreadsheets on a daily basis (for all months).

Some 2019 applicants did receive their test invites during the period when their background checks went to IP for the second time (because their criminality clearance expired after 1 year).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just passed the test! 19/20 I'm so happy!
Hi everyone.
Thank God, I just passed the test. 20/20. I took the test just 3 hours into my exam period
They will have to now validate my photo ID and my picture and inspect for any potential cheating and then send me a confirmation email.

Thanks to everyone here for their support and help especially @rajkamalmohanram .

I will keep you updated with anything that happens afterwards
Congrats guys! I've updated the spreadsheet.

Reactions: UnBip

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone.
Thank God, I just passed the test. 20/20. I took the test just 3 hours into my exam period
They will have to now validate my photo ID and my picture and inspect for any potential cheating and then send me a confirmation email.

Thanks to everyone here for their support and help especially @rajkamalmohanram .

I will keep you updated with anything that happens afterwards
Congratulations :) did you take the test outside Canada ?
How many times did you read the book ? Are there any apps or websites that are similar to the real test?
was the test easy or hard ?
thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: Nevine.Kassem

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
In my profile still have :

Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test

Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021.
  • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
    • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions

Will this change when they validate the test?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In my profile still have :

Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test

Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 25, 2021 and July 15, 2021.
  • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
    • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions

Will this change when they validate the test?
Yes, this will change to "Completed" once the test is validated. Could happen anytime between the same day and about 10 days from now.

Reactions: UnBip

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Congratulations :) did you take the test outside Canada ?
How many times did you read the book ? Are there any apps or websites that are similar to the real test?
was the test easy or hard ?
thank you so much for your help!
I read the book once and skimmed through it another time.
The most useful resource was the Richmond Hill Public Library questions bank. They have 140 questions that were very useful. I answered those 3 times.

Reactions: MaryC

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Congrats!

Does anyone know if it takes long before the oath? ~ 3months? Are there usually more steps like an interview, more document requests or finger prints as well?
3 to 5 months but I am somehow optimistic things will start to pick up soon given the re-opening happening across the country.

TS136

Jun 4, 2021
3 to 5 months but I am somehow optimistic things will start to pick up soon given the re-opening happening across the country.
Hi Raj, Is their any further checks like physical presence or any other eligibility check that is done after the test is completed or is it just the FP request?
I assume since the test invitation was sent which implies that all other eligibility checks were already completed?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj, Is their any further checks like physical presence or any other eligibility check that is done after the test is completed or is it just the FP request?
I assume since the test invitation was sent which implies that all other eligibility checks were already completed?
I think they will be checking you are not prohibited at every step. Generally, for non-Quebec applicants, "Physical Presence", "Language" and "Prohibitions" will be set to "Passed" after the test (or interview, if you get one). This is the same as the status on ECAS changing to "Decision Made".

How long it takes from test to decision made - that's an open question and it greatly varies from applicant to applicant. There is no standard timeline.

Also, not everyone receive FP requests. Usually, FP requests are issued BEFORE the test, not after but there is still a very small chance you might get a FP request after the test.

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
so I called up CIC line to get the english version, they said it would take one week to process this request.

I have also, replied to the email that I got this morning requesting for an english version of pdf instructions.
So I called them yesterday asking for the English version and they sent it to me today. didn't take one week.