+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I contacted the office that issued my invitation and they approved. You have to ask your office yourself after you get the invitation. They evaluate it case by case. But I assume they would also approve.
Oh wow really !! What’s your local office ?

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Why Edmonton office is not sending the test invitation?why it’s so slow ?I don’t think Edmonton is going to give out test invitation this year?My everything is in progress no changes at all?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Why Edmonton office is not sending the test invitation?why it’s so slow ?I don’t think Edmonton is going to give out test invitation this year?My everything is in progress no changes at all?
It is unlikely for you to receive a test invitation until your BG checks are complete. That is probably why you haven't received a test invitation yet.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
It is unlikely for you to receive a test invitation until your BG checks are complete. That is probably why you haven't received a test invitation yet.
Naaah edmonton is just slow doesn't matter if you passed your BG or not. I passed mine since Feb 15 2021, I will give them the benefit of doubt in my case since I applied as a family and my wife's BG was completed only at the end of May 2021. But I have a couple of coworkers they applied in march and feb 2020 BG passed since Jan 2021 they are still waiting. If you check the tracker none of edmonton's june applicant received the test.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Naaah edmonton is just slow doesn't matter if you passed your BG or not. I passed mine since Feb 15 2021, I will give them the benefit of doubt in my case since I applied as a family and my wife's BG was completed only at the end of May 2021. But I have a couple of coworkers they applied in march and feb 2020 BG passed since Jan 2021 they are still waiting. If you check the tracker none of edmonton's june applicant received the test.
Yup, that might be an additional reason. I mean, it could be that Edmonton office is really slow or doesn't have enough staff.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Not sure when we phone to enquire about the status of our applications ; our calls go the local office to someone who sits in his home office somewhere in ........? Today I phoned and talked to one guy he was not even willing to tell me when my application moved from one office to another. Though i had all the information already through GCMS just wanted to check if there’s a chance of getting test invite soon. He mentioned oh COVID is getting better so you will see progress on your file! One thing to mention ( just my opinion) the notification email which we all received over the last five or six days that meant something, in my gcmc it said my application is in registry but the guy i was taking to he said it’s assigned to an agent, so I’m linking this with that notification! ( I wouldn’t trust phone guy) . That being said i got that email notification on 365 days of receiving that application by IRCC.

Reactions: Canadiann2020

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you take the test outside Canada ? Did you contact them and they told you you can take the test from outside Canada ?
Thank you
Yes, they are allowing people currently outside Canada to request to be allowed to take the test from abroad. The pdf test invite I got via email clearly mentions to contact them within 24-48hours if I want such an exemption.
I am in canada so doesn't apply to me but just FYI.

cheers!
nerd.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi everyone.
Thank God, I just passed the test. 20/20. I took the test just 3 hours into my exam period
They will have to now validate my photo ID and my picture and inspect for any potential cheating and then send me a confirmation email.

Thanks to everyone here for their support and help especially @rajkamalmohanram .

I will keep you updated with anything that happens afterwards

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Also, They say the ID must have my personal signature, and that the PR card is a valid ID, but it doesn't have my signature. So, I used my driving license instead.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
This is completely false. I got my test invite long before my bg checks were complete.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Yes, they are allowing people currently outside Canada to request to be allowed to take the test from abroad. The pdf test invite I got via email clearly mentions to contact them within 24-48hours if I want such an exemption.
I am in canada so doesn't apply to me but just FYI.

cheers!
nerd.
See, @rajkamalmohanram , It is obviously random or it depends on the office issuing the invitations. I believe I was just extremely lucky my application was processed in Scarborough rather than Hamilton or any other office that doesn't issue invitations that allow the test to be taken from outside Canada!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram