+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I've added you to the spreadsheet! You'll likely receive an email either today or tomorrow.

Please post an update once you receive email invite and once after taking the test.
You're right. received the official invite email from IRCC today. the instruction attachment is in French however....can't read it

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Today, my ECAS was updated with Line 4:

4. We sent you a notice on June 21, 2021 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 28, 2021 at 12:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Well, interviews are slowly being done away with. It is being replaced with "Additional Documents" (all pages of passport to be sent to IRCC via email).

Other than that, there's a bit of a wait after the test. For non-Quebec applicants, the next update would likely be "Decision Made" on ECAS and concurrently, Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" on the new status dashboard. After that, there might be a bit of a wait again. "Citizenship Ceremony" will then be set to In Progress and you will be given the date for the ceremony.

From what I have observed, some early 2020 applicants (Jan to April) have received oath invitations for late July and First/Second week of August. I'm not sure what the oath timelines will look like for us unless some of us start getting oath invitations.
Hi @rajkamalmohanram , one more question :) Can interview be done if you are outside Canada? (I may be travelling next month) . Please advise. Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram , one more question :) Can interview be done if you are outside Canada? (I may be travelling next month) . Please advise. Thank you!
No instructions so far for the interview part. IRCC is slowly phasing out the interview sessions over MS teams, I think. Many applicants had their interviews cancelled recently so it is likely that you won't get one. They'll instead ask you to send all the pages of the passport via email. Note that not everyone gets this request.

Reactions: Ace2000

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Today, my ECAS was updated with Line 4:
Seems ecase udpates are not for all. We(two applicants) couldnt see. Good at least we have new tracker which has these dates hence we can just refer ecase just for DM.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Seems ecase udpates are not for all. We(two applicants) couldnt see. Good at least we have new tracker which has these dates hence we can just refer ecase just for DM.
I didn't expect an ECAS update for test either. I thought since there is the new dashboard, test details won't be updated in ECAS.

Actually, for some late 2019 applicants, even DM status is NOT updated in ECAS. They only see "In Progress" status and then oath.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I didn't expect an ECAS update for test either. I thought since there is the new dashboard, test details won't be updated in ECAS.

Actually, for some late 2019 applicants, even DM status is NOT update in ECAS. They only see "In Progress" status and then oath.
Our files are dealt with through a ticketing system, like salesforce. a case would have a status that is manually set by the agent. so it's really up to the agent working your case what your status looks like. they might work and finish your case while having it in progress, or they might be meticulous in keeping statuses updated so they would update your case status. as a person who has worked with such system before, this is exactly what used to happen

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram