+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
If it comes to you as a shock that Jan 2020 applicants haven't received test invites, you'll be even more surprised to learn that July / August 2019 applicants are now getting test invites. The number of applications processed in 2020 went down drastically. Tests were cancelled from mid March up until September, if I'm not wrong. Online testing is a pilot program and hopefully, they will start issuing bulk invites.

On the positive side, I'm updating 2019 spreadsheet from time-to-time and I have seen a few applicants are getting test invites everyday. Though the numbers are small and not all applicants are on the spreadsheet, it is good to know that there is some progress.

I expect to see some significant progress by mid 2021 and I can only hope that the majority of the 2020 applicants get a test invite by the last quarter and some of them become citizens by the end of this year.

Thank you for your very informing and analytical answer.
I truly appreciate it.

jacky10

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Everyone.. How to check ECAS without AOR? - As we don't have any Receipt number. My citizenship application was delivered on Sep 10/2020..Until now NO AOR or email received.

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Thanks for your reply however I tried all combinations. Not sure what number to enter in Identification Type if No AOR received. Kindly assist.
Select ID type as UCI and provide your unique client ID. Unique Client ID is on all of your immigration documents including PR card. Hope this helps.

jacky10

Mar 21, 2013
Select ID type as UCI and provide your unique client ID. Unique Client ID is on all of your immigration documents including PR card. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply...tried that but not working. Will have to call CIC. Have a great evening:)

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Thanks for your reply...tried that but not working. Will have to call CIC. Have a great evening:)
what do you mean by not working? what is the message you are getting. if it says they can't find with information provided that means your file is not in system yet.

advocate_chd

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Congratulations! When was your ECAS status updated as "Application Received"? How long did it take from "Application Received" to "AOR"?
Thanks... I checked my ecas in last week of December and it showed Application Received
On January 13,second line appeared on ecas and today received hard copy in my mailbox

Reactions: pattnaik

advocate_chd

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Thanks... I checked my ecas in last week of December and it showed Application Received
On January 13,second line appeared on ecas and today received hard copy in my mailbox
Just to add on...
just to add... my hard copy was posted on January 13

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Just to add on...

just to add... my hard copy was posted on January 13
Hi,
If you would like to be added to the tracker, please provide:
Location (city):
App type (single or # of people):
Physical presence days:
App sent date: