+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
My Application Status Changed to "Application Received" om Jan 16, 2021. My Application was delivered on Sep 8, 2020. Did anyone's application returned after Status Changed to "Application Received"?

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
My application status has changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED as of January 16.
I was wondering when I could wait for the second line (AOR)?
I appreciate any help. Best wishes to you all.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi @Hot2Cold , thanks for the link. Any idea is that new trend when IRCC Call center gives the application number which starts with C00****** when the ECAS status is "application received"
This seems to be a new trend. The AOR communication seems to be behind by a few weeks, but agents are acknowledging over the phone.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Calgary, I applied with my mother in law since my husband is already a citizen.. so I don’t know if it’s a single application or family
Updated. I have put you down as a single. Did you send the applications as one package to IRCC?

bunutu

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Yes, very normal. If you follow the threads more carefully (July 2020) you will notice that yesterday and today many July 13th/14th applicants are receiving AOR just now. Many of those of us August applicants (mine was delivered August 20th) are still awaiting AOR, with minor exceptions for those that luckily ended up in the stack of the few CIO employees still working in-office.
My application status has been changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED as of January 17. They recevied my application on September 2

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
My Application Status Changed to "Application Received" om Jan 16, 2021. My Application was delivered on Sep 8, 2020. Did anyone's application returned after Status Changed to "Application Received"?
Any information on this will be useful. I called IRCC today. It seems they are experiencing high call volume and and I was not connected to any agent. The definition of status seems to be contradictory on CIC website. Does "Application Received" status means Application is received and reviewed for completeness or is it yet to be reviewed for completeness and there is some possibility of being returned? Doesn't make sense for CIC to open the packet and update the status to "Application Received" without reviewing what's inside? Any thoughts?

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Can someone please provide info about current processing times of citizenship applications from delivery of application to grant of citizenship with all levels of processing (AOR, invitation to citizenship test, test date, oath etc.)? How long does it take from AOR to citizenship test?
All shared info greatly appreciated guys. Thank you in advance.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Can someone please provide info about current processing times of citizenship applications from delivery of application to grant of citizenship with all levels of processing (AOR, invitation to citizenship test, test date, oath etc.)? How long does it take from AOR to citizenship test?
All shared info greatly appreciated guys. Thank you in advance.
That's going to be very hard to answer.

Have a look at the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker referenced by rajkamalmohanram in the opening post of this topic.

This would give you an idea of the timelines.

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Until you get your AOR

• the Client Support Centre won’t have information about your application status
  • you can’t check your application status online
  • don’t submit a Web form to check your application status
I found this on CIC website. I am trying to make sense for line no.2. Does that mean all those can see that "Application Received" status on ECAS should ideally would have received AOR? Any inputs would help make sense of this :)

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
That's going to be very hard to answer.

Have a look at the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker referenced by rajkamalmohanram in the opening post of this topic.

This would give you an idea of the timelines.

Thank you for your quick answer.
I've seen it.
According to this tracker, not even January 2020 applicants have begun to receive citizenship test invitations.
I'm honestly pretty shocked to learn this. I kind of knew that the pandemic slowed down the processing but didn't realize the impact was that great.
What are your conclusions about this situation? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
not even January 2020 applicants have begun to receive citizenship test invitations
That's what I figure too.

What are your conclusions about this situation? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
I figure that the 12 month processing time frame provided by IRCC is highly optimistic.

There is no way of estimating a more realistic timeline in the current scenario.

If you are following these threads, you'll note that IRCC does seem to be adapting to the new scenario, but how it changes the timelines is anybody's guess.

For now, we should all take it one day at a time and hope for the best.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for your quick answer.
I've seen it.
According to this tracker, not even January 2020 applicants have begun to receive citizenship test invitations.
I'm honestly pretty shocked to learn this. I kind of knew that the pandemic slowed down the processing but didn't realize the impact was that great.
If it comes to you as a shock that Jan 2020 applicants haven't received test invites, you'll be even more surprised to learn that July / August 2019 applicants are now getting test invites. The number of applications processed in 2020 went down drastically. Tests were cancelled from mid March up until September, if I'm not wrong. Online testing is a pilot program and hopefully, they will start issuing bulk invites.

On the positive side, I'm updating 2019 spreadsheet from time-to-time and I have seen a few applicants are getting test invites everyday. Though the numbers are small and not all applicants are on the spreadsheet, it is good to know that there is some progress.

I expect to see some significant progress by mid 2021 and I can only hope that the majority of the 2020 applicants get a test invite by the last quarter and some of them become citizens by the end of this year.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Until you get your AOR

• the Client Support Centre won’t have information about your application status
  • you can’t check your application status online
  • don’t submit a Web form to check your application status
I found this on CIC website. I am trying to make sense for line no.2. Does that mean all those can see that "Application Received" status on ECAS should ideally would have received AOR? Any inputs would help make sense of this :)
From reports of conversations with IRCC it seems that those that are able to access ECAS, seem to have got their AORs in principle if not an actual communication. This is obviously a new process that IRCC is following, so there is too little information to make a firm statement or way or another.

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
That's what I figure too.

I figure that the 12 month processing time frame provided by IRCC is highly optimistic.

There is no way of estimating a more realistic timeline in the current scenario.

If you are following these threads, you'll note that IRCC does seem to be adapting to the new scenario, but how it changes the timelines is anybody's guess.

For now, we should all take it one day at a time and hope for the best.

Thank you.
What do you mean with the new scenario? COVID-19 related delay?