+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

girgir

Sep 16, 2020
Got the AOR letter in the mailbox today!

Hi everyone! I just checked the status on ECAS, using the application number provided the other day by the IRCC agent.
The second line appeared (finally!!! :)): "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2020." I guess this makes it official now, I have AOR. Still no sign of the actual letter in the mailbox, but that's less of a concern now.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
ECAS shows received. No AOR yet. Timeline below:

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1381 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Received: September 03, 2020
AOR: January 16, 2021 (ECAS only, no application number yet)
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ECAS shows received. No AOR yet. Timeline below:

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1381 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: August 29th, 2020
Application Received: September 03, 2020
AOR: January 16, 2021 (ECAS only, no application number yet)
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date
Updated.

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
No guarantees, but most likely not.
Thanks. But I found the below on CIC Website. This explains what each status mean. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Received

“Received” means your application is ready to be processed and you:

• answered all the questions on the form
  • sent all the required documents
  • paid the fees
It may be several weeks between when we get your application and it’s ready to be processed.

Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1465&top=5

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received one line on ECAS that CIC has received my application. Should I consider this as AOR?

Looks like a proper AOR email or mail will take some time.

Last edited:

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks. But I found the below on CIC Website. This explains what each status mean. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Received

“Received” means your application is ready to be processed and you:

• answered all the questions on the form
  • sent all the required documents
  • paid the fees
It may be several weeks between when we get your application and it’s ready to be processed.

Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1465&top=5
@patnaik7, Did you had a chance to call IRCC Customer care and application number post your status changed to "Application Received" and waht was their response was ?

For many applicants who called them were able to get the application numbers which starts with C00******** and told AOR communication is in queue(communication was changed from Email to mail)

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
@patnaik7, Did you had a chance to call IRCC Customer care and application number post your status changed to "Application Received" and waht was their response was ?

For many applicants who called them were able to get the application numbers which starts with C00******** and told AOR communication is in queue(communication was changed from Email to mail)
No, I have not called the yet. The status changed today to "Application Received". Probably will call them next week or the week after.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
No, I have not called the yet. The status changed today to "Application Received". Probably will call them next week or the week after.

Ok.. Please ask them the application number and primary mode of communication. For few their primary comm was mail.