+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Yes, correct but it is important to note that this average is calculated with merely 13 data points so might not be very accurate at this time. Today is my 29th day LOL.
exactly. my test was completed on MAY 15th, so i am 2 months + 12 days from May 15th, and no changes, whenever i call, they say, it is just one month passed from your test, what you expect? (like pretty much with that exact wording)
other time i called, i got "it is just two months passed from your test, what you expect, others are waiting for years". pretty much with the same wording, from different agents.
So 29 days is not a correct threshold at all :)))

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Hot2Cold and rafzy

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Certainly hope that you hear from Montreal soon. They processed one of the outliers with a 1 day turnaround from test to DM. Good luck.
to my understanding this totally depends on officers mood. if all is good at home, if kids and co are ok or not and so on. i have no more expectations or whatsoever from ircc. sick and tired :)

Reactions: harirajmohan

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
exactly. my test was completed on MAY 15th, so i am 2 months + 12 days from May 15th, and no changes, whenever i call, they say, it is just one month passed from your test, what you expect? (like pretty much with that exact wording)
other time i called, i got "it is just two months passed from your test, what you expect, others are waiting for years". pretty much with the same wording, from different agents.
It's been 3 weeks + 3 days for me and I'm already getting sick of waiting for my oath invite.

It's will be exactly 1 year in the next 1.5 weeks and I'm tired of waiting!

When I reached out, agent said it can take days to weeks to months ... no one can quote any timeline due to COVID issue !!!

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
It's been 3 weeks + 3 days for me and I'm already getting sick of waiting for my oath invite.

When I reached out, agent said it can take days to weeks to months ... no one can quote any timeline due to COVID issue !!!
to be honest, my performance is even 1.5 higher when i do work from home. i am working definitely more than i was in the office. cannot understand someone working on a computer and bringing covid as excuse to do not work... :) this is literally funny for me
can someone in this forum explain HOW TF covid can slow down of checking my lang skills or any other stuff? it is 2021 outside. i have not been in my work place for 1.5 year now, nothing slowed down, it is totally the other way around for me. whatever... we have what we have, we have this IRCC and we have their management and we see how do they manage. hoping for all the best for them :)

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
i even ordered the ATIP, on June 22nd. no single feedback, nothing, no any emails saying we are unable to fit in the f 30 days window, we need extra 20 days or whatsoever, NOTHING. i guess they are happy that there was a "light" for them and there is a covid and ppl dying, but for them that's an excuse to almost completely stop working. i cannot express my disappointment.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Well, I guess you'll have to wait for DM first before you start waiting for oath. Usually, there is a wait time after DM for oath.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i even ordered the ATIP, on June 22nd. no single feedback, nothing, no any emails saying we are unable to fit in the f 30 days window, we need extra 20 days or whatsoever, NOTHING. i guess they are happy that there was a "light" for them and there is a covid and ppl dying, but for them that's an excuse to almost completely stop working. i cannot express my disappointment.
GCMS notes are backlogged too. It takes about 45 - 50 days on average now, I think.

Reactions: varlam

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi Everyone

Tomorrow is the last day of my test date. I was busy with my work. I just installed citizenship test application in my mobile and read 14 chapters, Do I need to read more from internet or other resources?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone

Tomorrow is the last day of my test date. I was busy with my work. I just installed citizenship test application in my mobile and read 14 chapters, Do I need to read more from internet or other resources?

Thanks.
Discover Canada is the main resource. Read the entire book at least once.

In addition to that, prepare using the following:

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

I wouldn't wait until the 11th hour to complete the test. If there are some technical issues and you aren't able to complete the test on time, then that is going to be a problem. I would recommend preparing as much as you can and complete the test at least 2 - 3 hours before the close time tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I did mention that it was an average - and on a very small sample too. The largest interval was 70 days, so that's closer to your timeline. You just happen to be at the wrong end of the scale ;)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
I completed my test in November 2019 and I am still waiting LOL :)

• Wow
Reactions: americanincanada