+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So, I applied for Urgent Processing and mailed the documents to Mississauga IRCC yesterday (reason: job that requires Citizenship). I spoke with an agent today and he told me that the Urgent Processing request has been denied because "I don't fit the criteria as I don't have a job offer". For this position, only Canadian Citizens can apply and the application will be immediately rejected if we apply without Canadian Citizenship. Its catch-22.

Anyway, that's a disappointment but that's okay. I was 95% convinced that they will not accept this request but still sent it because I believed it might happen (5% chance).

Also, the agent now confirmed that the passport pages have been added to my file and the status of "Residence", "Prohibitions" and "Language" are "In Progress" on the GCMS system (last time I received notes/called them, it was "Not Started").

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
So, I applied for Urgent Processing and mailed the documents to Mississauga IRCC yesterday (reason: job that requires Citizenship). I spoke with an agent today and he told me that the Urgent Processing request has been denied because "I don't fit the criteria as I don't have a job offer". For this position, only Canadian Citizens can apply and the application will be immediately rejected if we apply without Canadian Citizenship. Its catch-22.

Anyway, that's a disappointment but that's okay. I was 95% convinced that they will not accept this request but still sent it because I believed it might happen (5% chance).

Also, the agent now confirmed that the passport pages have been added to my file and the status of "Residence", "Prohibitions" and "Language" are "In Progress" on the GCMS system (last time I received notes/called them, it was "Not Started").
Have you called Mississauga office or IRCC ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Hopefully another 2-3 months away for oath and Mississauga office performs at the same speed.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014

Sorry, it did not work out. Since other things are updated maybe it will be done soon. Good luck

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram
Sep 1, 2020

Urgent processing denial stings a little bit. I still get occasional disappointment random days haha. Still recovering from the trauma..

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I did mention that it was an average - and on a very small sample too. The largest interval was 70 days, so that's closer to your timeline. You just happen to be at the wrong end of the scale ;)
since 74 days already passed, i am fine to be on the other end where it is 70 days, lol, let them update the tracker, dont want to be like 6 months passed and still no updates.
by the way my office is Hamilton and seems they process just one application each two months, lol, it is covid, that's why just one application per two months

• Haha
Reactions: Hot2Cold

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
Status update

Application (Single) sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 23, 2020
Days: 1114
AOR: 23 January 2021 (in ECAS only, AOR via email received on 1 February 2021)
In process: 3 March 2021
Application status update on 9 July: scheduled for citizenship test
Test window: 23 July to 12 August
Test invite: 20 July 2021
Test date: 24 July (test passed)
Status tracker update: 27 July - citizenship test status updated to “completed”

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
since 74 days already passed, i am fine to be on the other end where it is 70 days, lol, let them update the tracker, dont want to be like 6 months passed and still no updates.
by the way my office is Hamilton and seems they process just one application each two months, lol, it is covid, that's why just one application per two months
I just saw this on their site, you must be close to getting a reply based on this at least.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5
"
How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
In most cases, the ceremony takes place within three months after you pass the test. We'll give you the results of your test right after you take it.
"

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Status update

Application (Single) sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 23, 2020
Days: 1114
AOR: 23 January 2021 (in ECAS only, AOR via email received on 1 February 2021)
In process: 3 March 2021
Application status update on 9 July: scheduled for citizenship test
Test window: 23 July to 12 August
Test invite: 20 July 2021
Test date: 24 July (test passed)
Status tracker update: 27 July - citizenship test status updated to “completed”
I've updated the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Reactions: Vivre_au_Quebec