+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
since 74 days already passed, i am fine to be on the other end where it is 70 days, lol, let them update the tracker, dont want to be like 6 months passed and still no updates.
by the way my office is Hamilton and seems they process just one application each two months, lol, it is covid, that's why just one application per two months

I live in Hamilton and my file is done in Scarborough for some reason.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
So, I applied for Urgent Processing and mailed the documents to Mississauga IRCC yesterday (reason: job that requires Citizenship). I spoke with an agent today and he told me that the Urgent Processing request has been denied because "I don't fit the criteria as I don't have a job offer". For this position, only Canadian Citizens can apply and the application will be immediately rejected if we apply without Canadian Citizenship. Its catch-22.

Anyway, that's a disappointment but that's okay. I was 95% convinced that they will not accept this request but still sent it because I believed it might happen (5% chance).

Also, the agent now confirmed that the passport pages have been added to my file and the status of "Residence", "Prohibitions" and "Language" are "In Progress" on the GCMS system (last time I received notes/called them, it was "Not Started").
On the one hand, I am sorry to hear that your urgent processing request was denied and you'll miss out the job opportunity. On the other hand, it's good to hear that your passport documents were received and that the status of "Residence", "Prohibitions" and "Language" are "In Progress".

On my side, I got a response to my webform request inquiring about the passport copies being attached to my application. However, they asked me to resubmit the request as I had not added my middle name in the webform request (yes, seriously even though I had provided UCI and application number). So I have ere-submitted the webform. I'll update when I hear back.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
On the one hand, I am sorry to hear that your urgent processing request was denied and you'll miss out the job opportunity. On the other hand, it's good to hear that your passport documents were received and that the status of "Residence", "Prohibitions" and "Language" are "In Progress".

On my side, I got a response to my webform request inquiring about the passport copies being attached to my application. However, they asked me to resubmit the request as I had not added my middle name in the webform request (yes, seriously even though I had provided UCI and application number). So I have ere-submitted the webform. I'll update when I hear back.
Thank you :) .

Oh my, they asked you to re-submit for missing your middle name. Sigh! That's weird. Yeah, please keep me posted once you hear about any updates to your application.

Thank you!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I believe it would be the same everywhere.
Last Friday, it was a month since I took the test and nothing has happened since then on the tracker.
I dont think IRCC is spending time on next steps after test as alot of people have been waiting for over a month after passing tests from different offices in ontario

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I believe it would be the same everywhere.
Last Friday, it was a month since I took the test and nothing has happened since then on the tracker.
They work like a seasonal workers.
My office:
Not much update till Apr.
Suddenly issued test invites for 10 of 12 months(of 2020 - from jan/feb to Nov) in few weeks starting from May.

Afterwards nothing. Why would anyone do like this. They should send for half of 2020 with test invites and then send to other half while the first half does the test. Then finish the first half with oath invite and then move on to second half.
For these officers, they dont care how much time you waited for test or after the test/dm. They will pick up the files base on their schedule to invite/ask you for proceeding to next stage.

I cant imagine that they treat the whole one year as just one month and sending invites for all of them. Their cost to a year is almost 0.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: rafzy and varlam

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
They work like a seasonal workers.
My office:
Not much update till Apr.
Suddenly issued test invites for 10 of 12 months(of 2020 - from jan/feb to Nov) in few weeks starting from May.

Afterwards nothing. Why would anyone do like this. They should send for half of 2020 with test invites and then send to other half while the first half does the test. Then finish the first half with oath invite and then move on to second half.
For these officers, they dont care how much time you waited for test or after the test/dm. They will pick up the files base on their schedule to invite/ask you for proceeding to next stage.

I cant imagine that they treat the whole one year as just one month and sending invites for all of them. Their cost to a year is almost 0.
That is actually sad and depressing ... Further, there is no accountability for these people as they process applications upon their choice which actually is very depressing !!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
What is everyone's daily routine with checking for status?

I believe that I would receive the email first for the test invite, and then have my test status as in progress. But that doesn't stop me logging in to the new tracker every day! Still no update for me. I am going into my 11th month this weekend.

americanincanada

Jun 4, 2021
Category........
CEC

I believe that I would receive the email first for the test invite, and then have my test status as in progress. But that doesn't stop me logging in to the new tracker every day! Still no update for me. I am going into my 11th month this weekend.
I thought that the test status updates to in progress before you actually receive the invite, so I check the status every morning (sometimes more than once a day).

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Well, its all with the officer. Some does it quick(or some officer gives priority based on received date) and some officers dont hence the issue of seeing later applicants getting test/dm/oath. it took 16 months for me to get test invite. So it depends on officer.

Cant do much other than waiting. You can only order gcms notes to see if theres anything holding up. Other than that we are just left without our tracker daily(hourly/minute) checking.

If there is any test update it will show up next day and it will be before the test start date.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

In almost all cases, the notification on the dashboard appears first and the email follows later.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
I thought that the test status updates to in progress before you actually receive the invite, so I check the status every morning (sometimes more than once a day).
Ah okay cool. It does piss me off because the actual time it would take to check that I am not a criminal, my residency, etc, would probably only take under a month of actual time. But they do nothing for a year and then kick into gear. Yes there is a backlog but even before the pandemic. I've lived here ten years, shouldn't be this hard!