+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay, so a heads up. If your application is in the Mississauga IRCC office and you want to request urgent processing, you will have to send a request letter and proof via mail (snail-mail) to the following address :

Mississauga IRCC - Citizenship
3085 Glen Erin Drive, Missisauga L5L 1J3

Clearly write "CITIZENSHIP GRANT - URGENT PROCESSING REQUEST" on the envelope.

The request letter must contain your UCI and your application number (if you've already received AOR).

This was confirmed by a very helpful IRCC call center agent today.

Reactions: varlam

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi All & Raj,

I received a call from CIC. Number shows as Oakville. It is regarding the Oath. He asked few questions regarding the current address, documents to keep it ready, scissor, address confirmation and walked the process.

During the call i asked him since i do not have confidence as this call from CIC or regular spam call. He said, they are working from home, if i am not comfort, no problem we can hang the call.

Is it regular? Will CIC call before oath to confirm the process? Not sure, I am bit concerned.

Reactions: girgir

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All & Raj,

I received a call from CIC. Number shows as Oakville. It is regarding the Oath. He asked few questions regarding the current address, documents to keep it ready, scissor, address confirmation and walked the process.

During the call i asked him since i do not have confidence as this call from CIC or regular spam call. He said, they are working from home, if i am not comfort, no problem we can hang the call.

Is it regular? Will CIC call before oath to confirm the process? Not sure, I am bit concerned.
Yes, some applicants do receive calls from IRCC before oath.

The call that you received was very likely a genuine call from IRCC.

Reactions: nathaniel_d

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Just for information. When application is assigned to any officer he has to make decision in 60 days if every thing is good. it is not deadline but in Procedural information IRCC expect from officers to make decision in 60 days by Morally but also officers are not bound to take decision in 60 days its up to them if they want more days.
But IRCC expect from Team to make decision is 60 day after assigning application.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All, I am a Sep2020 applicant and have completed my Citizenship test on 25 Jun 2021 and I had a request to send scanned passport copies via email and I did it on July 22nd. Does anyone in same time bucket know how long it may take to get a decision made and what are the chances of being called for an interview ? Thanks

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi All, I am a Sep2020 applicant and have completed my Citizenship test on 25 Jun 2021 and I had a request to send scanned passport copies via email and I did it on July 22nd. Does anyone in same time bucket know how long it may take to get a decision made and what are the chances of being called for an interview ? Thanks
The current average for Decision Made from the test date is 29 days. (See here)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Yes, correct but it is important to note that this average is calculated with merely 13 data points so might not be very accurate at this time. Today is my 29th day LOL.
Ha ha. Unfortunately, this is the only data available! If only there was a better way to gauge the progress more accurately.

Today is my 29th day LOL.
I certainly look forward to hearing good news from you soon. A couple of days ago, the average was 31, so maybe by the end of the week we can hope to see some more DMs.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks a bunch. I see my time to AOR and 'IP to Test invite' were above the average time (>25%). I hope the DM is closer to the average.

Thanks
I can't see your record on the sheet. Have you registered under a different name?

If not, could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date

You can ignore the statuses that don't apply to you or if you've already provided a date for it.

(Courtesy: @rajkamalmohanram)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hi All & Raj,

How long before the oath did they call you ? Is it 2 weeks before oath ? Or longer ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How long before the oath did they call you ? Is it 2 weeks before oath ? Or longer ?
Note : Not everyone receives a call before oath.

As for the OP, you can easily check his record on the spreadsheet but here it is...

IDLocationApp. TypePhysical Presence DaysApp. Sent App. Delivered AORIn Process ecasTest Invite letter/ecas dateTest Interview dateDecision Made date ecas estimateOath Letter DateOath CeremonyNotes (FP Request Date, Exam Score, Interview, ...etc)
nathaniel_dMississaugaFamily (3)1224Sep 01, 2020Sep 03, 2020Sep 20, 2020Oct 03, 2020May 23, 2021May 27, 2021Jun 05, 2021Aug 08, 2021Original application submitted in June 2020. Application returned and re-submitted in September 2020.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=224875574

They called when he had less than 2 weeks to oath.