Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
I have stamps in Arabic / English in my passport. All of them have both English and Arabic text, but only one of them has some handwritten Arabic next to it.

I contacted docbase, and they quoted me $198 to translate. I think that's ridiculous. And it will take 3-5 business days.

I am looking at local translators that will do the job quicker and for less. If any one can suggest translators in the Milton/Oakville area, I'd be grateful. I am also open to Mississauga and surrounding areas.

Thanks.
I contacted doc base too... I have a total of 4 stamps from Saudi Arabia across two pages.. I was quoted $37 including tax. I'm assuming only the stamps need to be translated and not the visa sticker - because the sticker has info in both english and arabic...

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
This new trend of requesting passport pages is kinda odd isn't it... According to CBSA's page, they maintain exit and entry records of all foreign nationals who enter and leave Canada... And in our application, we have auathorized IRCC to get our travel history from CBSA too... unless CBSA has stopped responding to IRCC's requests in a timely manner

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I contacted doc base too... I have a total of 4 stamps from Saudi Arabia across two pages.. I was quoted $37 including tax. I'm assuming only the stamps need to be translated and not the visa sticker - because the sticker has info in both english and arabic...
Yeah if it has both English and Arabic, it should be fine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This new trend of requesting passport pages is kinda odd isn't it... According to CBSA's page, they maintain exit and entry records of all foreign nationals who enter and leave Canada... And in our application, we have auathorized IRCC to get our travel history from CBSA too... unless CBSA has stopped responding to IRCC's requests in a timely manner
No. CBSA started recording exits from Canada via an airplane only from June 2020. They do not have exit records before that. This PP pages request process might be decommissioned after June 2025 when CBSA would have recorded all exits from the country (land or an airplane) for the entirety of the eligibility period.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Strange.

I wrote back to them specifying that it is only one stamp on 1 page that is only in Arabic. I also referenced that I was recommended by users of this site and the range that they were quoted.

They came back to me with a best offer of $167.

I am going to try again from scratch.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Strange.

I wrote back to them specifying that it is only one stamp on 1 page that is only in Arabic. I also referenced that I was recommended by users of this site and the range that they were quoted.

They came back to me with a best offer of $167.

I am going to try again from scratch.
WTH? $167 for 1 stamp? That's ridiculous. Not sure what has gotten into them. I haver not seen a quote from them above $40 (that too for multiple stamps in multiple languages).

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
$198? That is ridiculous. How many stamps do you have?

I was quoted $37 for 2 stamps and I saw at least a couple of other reports where similar price was quoted.

Check the post below. This was the first person that suggested docsbase. The OP had 7 stamps in 3 different languages and was quoted $39.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/experience-with-docsbase-for-translation-of-passport-stamps-or-other-documents.734232/
Seems they have increased the rates as hundreds of people would have contacted them in last few days.

Reactions: harirajmohan

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I've updated the spreadsheet. Hopefully, they'll validate your test soon.

Can't wait for the wave of DMs guys. Almost all of us who completed our test recently have been receiving this request.
I haven't yet. Although I took my test before you guys. Does everyone get the passport scans request or could I get a DM without it?