+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi, My family (Sep 2020 applicants) received yesterday an email to submit passport copies (eligibilty period) within 30 days. I (Aug Applicant) applied a month early and passed the test three weeks before them but I have not received any such request yet. The new tracker is is not updated for them and just saying test status completed.
Does every one gets such request ? your thoughts @rajkamalmohanram
It is good as it saves your time from going to interview before you can get your oath invite.

I am an august applicant myself and also waiting for either DM status directly or passport submission request to get DM status and eventually oath invite.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you Raj, this is very helpful! In my GCMS report, under paper file, the location is currently 'Registry'.
The paper file history is as follows for my application:

History 1:
Created date: 2021/03/10
Updated date: 2021/03/10
Office: Calgary IRCC

History 2:
Created date: 2021/03/01
Updated date: 2021/03/01
Office: CPC Sydney

History 3:
Created date: 2021/02/12
Updated date: 2021/02/12
Office: CPC Sydney

Do you know if I need to get in touch with Calgary IRCC?
Well, if your file is in the "Registry", it might mean that while the file has reached the local office, it hasn't been assigned / worked on yet.

Reactions: japmeet

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, My family (Sep 2020 applicants) received yesterday an email to submit passport copies (eligibilty period) within 30 days. I (Aug Applicant) applied a month early and passed the test three weeks before them but I have not received any such request yet. The new tracker is is not updated for them and just saying test status completed.
Does every one gets such request ? your thoughts @rajkamalmohanram
@smilysmoke19 , @nerd , @SHIVAAY and myself received the same request yesterday from Mississauga office.

No, not everyone receives this request but it is starting to get pretty common.

Also, please update once your family members have submitted this documentation so that I can update the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Received request to submit passport scan yesterday afternoon. Submitted yesterday evening. Waiting for decision made. Fingers crossed… :)
Thank you! I've updated the spreadsheet. @smilysmoke19, myself, @Ace2000 's family members and @SHIVAAY have received the same request. Mississauga is on a roll I think. We should see the next wave of DMs soon.

All the best guys, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Ace2000 and nerd

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Raj,

I got the same request to upload passport. Did you include anything else like PR Card or COPR or anything that i might be missing?
Nope, just the passport pages and translations (if needed) should suffice.

I've updated the spreadsheet. Please let me know once you've submitted it.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I've updated the spreadsheet. Hopefully, they'll validate your test soon.

Can't wait for the wave of DMs guys. Almost all of us who completed our test recently have been receiving this request.
I did send them an email query last week. They responded and said that they would loo into it, but so far no update. But with the passport request letter, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I did send them an email query last week. They responded and said that they would loo into it, but so far no update. But with the passport request letter, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Yup, I think so too. Are you planning to submit these documents today? Do you have them ready?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
September applicants from the GTA => If you have taken the test recently, start preparing a document with all the pages of the passport (including empty pages). Get stamps / visas translated, if necessary. If you receive document request that quite a few of us have been receiving, you'll be able to submit it immediately.