+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi just checked my passport, everything (visas / stamps / bio page) has English accompanied with the original language, except for the very last page, where there is some notes regarding stuff like do not alter/damage the passport etc. and is only in the original language. Do I need to translate this page as well?
I would still recommend that you get that translated as well. We don't want anything to delay our applications. We don't know if the officer that processes our application will expect that so it is best to simply get that page translated as well.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I sent them 3 attachments in a single response (by replying to the email I received).

1. All pages of my passport in one PDF => Attachment 1
2. Certified translation of 2 stamps on my passport in one PDF (I had the certified translation done before in anticipation of this email) => Attachment 2
3. A custom document I prepared that makes the life of the officer easier by pointing out where the stamp is for each trip abroad is located on the passport. => Attachment 3

Remember, the attachments must be less than 5 MB in total. So, you'll have to compress PDF documents that are very large. Read the PDF document they've attached to the email, that contains all the instructions.
Looks like the Missisauaga office is picking the pace !

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Looks like the Missisauaga office is picking the pace !
Looks like it, yeah. There is some movement so that's good. DM could be imminent but no idea about oath. If IRCC is thinking the way I'm thinking, at least some September 2020 applicants should receive oath dates in September 2021 (or possibly before that).

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
I have requested a bunch of applicants outside the GTA to update the status via DM. I suspect there are several stale entries here and our test invite (or the test completion) rate could be close to 50% or more if everyone updated on time.

Let's see if I get any updates from them. In about a couple of months, I think I'll start cleaning up the September 2020 spreadsheet again.
It may not be 50% test completion yet, even if stale entries are eliminated. I don't think any of the candidates (non urgent) from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta has received test invite yet. Also, many Ontario candidates haven't received the invite, as per the spread sheet.
having said so, cleaning up the spread sheet would help to have clearer view. Thank you for keeping the Sep-20 sheet updated and making this thread as one of the most helpful ones.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It may not be 50% test completion yet, even if stale entries are eliminated. I don't think any of the candidates (non urgent) from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta has received test invite yet. Also, many Ontario candidates haven't received the invite, as per the spread sheet.
having said so, cleaning up the spread sheet would help to have clearer view. Thank you for keeping the Sep-20 sheet updated and making this thread as one of the most helpful ones.
Well, not many people from the GTA responded to one of my previous DM. Many people from outside the GTA did respond and they let me know that their BG checks are still in Progress. This makes me sad.

Also, there are several applicant on the spreadsheet that aren't on the forum, I have flagged everyone without a test invite and not on the forum with a note in the spreadsheet. Should appear as a black triangle on the top right corner of in their respective name field. So, there is a good chance that these entries might be stale. If you include the applicants that have got a test invite but haven't taken the test (marked in blue), it comes to 44%. 44% of September 2020 applicants on the spreadsheet have received a test invitation and most of them are from either Montreal or Mississauga/Toronto/Brampton. Very few invites from other offices across Canada.

I'd say there are some applicants that haven't updated the status yet (especially from the GTA) and if they do, we will be 50% or higher with the test invitations.

Reactions: bdeb

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Well, not many people from the GTA responded to one of my previous DM. Many people from outside the GTA did respond and they let me know that their BG checks are still in Progress. This makes me sad.

Also, there are several applicant on the spreadsheet that aren't on the forum, I have flagged everyone without a test invite and not on the forum with a note in the spreadsheet. Should appear as a black triangle on the top right corner of in their respective name field. So, there is a good chance that these entries might be stale. If you include the applicants that have got a test invite but haven't taken the test (marked in blue), it comes to 44%. 44% of September 2020 applicants on the spreadsheet have received a test invitation and most of them are from either Montreal or Mississauga/Toronto/Brampton. Very few invites from other offices across Canada.

I'd say there are some applicants that haven't updated the status yet (especially from the GTA) and if they do, we will be 50% or higher with the test invitations.
Having more test invites will give moral support to us in Prairies, as well as it should boost up the IRCC offices here. :) I hope the folks in IRCC offices here will wake up soon and follow their counterparts in GTA!!

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
One of my passport stamps from the US in 2018 is completely smudged out and barely legible.. I hope this won't be an issue if/when they request for scanned copies of my passport pages...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
One of my passport stamps from the US in 2018 is completely smudged out and barely legible.. I hope this won't be an issue if/when they request for scanned copies of my passport pages...
Well, you an only provide what you have. Go ahead and submit it as-is. If they want additional information, they will get back to you!

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
Well, try ordering GCMS notes to see where your application is stuck in the first place. It might not be stuck at all, my application was "Test Ready" for almost 90 days before I received my test invite.

Try ordering GCMS notes and see where your application stands and we can go from there.

Hey Raj, thanks for your reply. I already have a GCMS with a request date of 24 June 2021. What should I look for? It all looks and reads very cryptic to me.

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
Take a look at a breakdown my GCMS notes in the post below and look at those sections.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9437895/
Thank you Raj, this is very helpful! In my GCMS report, under paper file, the location is currently 'Registry'.
The paper file history is as follows for my application:

History 1:
Created date: 2021/03/10
Updated date: 2021/03/10
Office: Calgary IRCC

History 2:
Created date: 2021/03/01
Updated date: 2021/03/01
Office: CPC Sydney

History 3:
Created date: 2021/02/12
Updated date: 2021/02/12
Office: CPC Sydney

Do you know if I need to get in touch with Calgary IRCC?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you Raj, this is very helpful! In my GCMS report, under paper file, the location is currently 'Registry'.
The paper file history is as follows for my application:

History 1:
Created date: 2021/03/10
Updated date: 2021/03/10
Office: Calgary IRCC

Do you know if I need to get in touch with Calgary IRCC?
You cant/dont get in touch with local office. The mediator is central iRCC webform/call center.

Reactions: japmeet

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi, My family (Sep 2020 applicants) received yesterday an email to submit passport copies (eligibilty period) within 30 days. I (Aug Applicant) applied a month early and passed the test three weeks before them but I have not received any such request yet. The new tracker is is not updated for them and just saying test status completed.
Does every one gets such request ? your thoughts @rajkamalmohanram