+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bunutu

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Mine was a translation that was certified by a notary public. I used docsbase for my translation. They were quick (and relatively cheap). Paid $30 and change for translation of 2 stamps, received the notarized translation within 2 days.
I got a quote from docsbase. They send below information

The discounted price for a fully certified translation of the attached document from Turkish into English $35.75 CAD including tax and official certification for IRCC and could be done within 3-5 business days.

Is it enough just to be certified or certified by a notary public?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got a quote from docsbase. They send below information

The discounted price for a fully certified translation of the attached document from Turkish into English $35.75 CAD including tax and official certification for IRCC and could be done within 3-5 business days.

Is it enough just to be certified or certified by a notary public?
Fully certified translation is sufficient.

Reactions: bunutu

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
In that order yes but you'll have to submit a separate application for your passport. After oath, you have to wait until you receive your citizenship certificate. Once you have it, you can apply for a passport.
Thx! so the photos we submitted in the citizenship packaged is not for passport? I'd hope so bc I don't really like to use that photo in my passport lol
Any idea of the timeline from DM to oath to citizenship certificate? I remember you said about 3-5 months. Was it still the case?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thx! so the photos we submitted in the citizenship packaged is not for passport? I'd hope so bc I don't really like to use that photo in my passport lol
Any idea of the timeline from DM to oath to citizenship certificate? I remember you said about 3-5 months. Was it still the case?
3 - 5 months was for test to oath. I mean, I'm not sure but it depends. One could theoretically receive an oath invitation along with DM or a few days after DM or a few months after DM.

My take on this is that if IRCC is looking to meet the "80% of applicants within 12 months" processing time KPI, then it is probable that several September 2020 applicants will receive an oath invitation to take oath before September ends. But that's just my guess and it might not be correct.

You'll have to submit separate photos and application for your passport. The ones you submitted were only for your Citizenship application.

Good luck!

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
3 - 5 months was for test to oath. I mean, I'm not sure but it depends. One could theoretically receive an oath invitation along with DM or a few days after DM or a few months after DM.

My take on this is that if IRCC is looking to meet the "80% of applicants within 12 months" processing time KPI, then it is probable that several September 2020 applicants will receive an oath invitation to take oath before September ends. But that's just my guess and it might not be correct.

You'll have to submit separate photos and application for your passport. The ones you submitted were only for your Citizenship application.

Good luck!
Got you! that makes sense.

bunutu

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
My eligibility period between 1 Sep 2015 -1 Sep 2020.
My valid passport was issued on Nov 6, 2015.
My old passport was expired on April 6, 2014

There is a 19-month gap between my expired and valid passport, so I was without a passport for 19 months.

Do I need to explain as I do not have a valid passport between September 1, 2015 and November 6, 2015?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My eligibility period between 1 Sep 2015 -1 Sep 2020.
My valid passport was issued on Nov 6, 2015.
My old passport was expired on April 6, 2014

There is a 19-month gap between my expired and valid passport, so I was without a passport for 19 months.

Do I need to explain as I do not have a valid passport between September 1, 2015 and November 6, 2015?
Yes, provide an explanation as to why you did not have a passport for first 2 months and 5 days of your eligibility period.

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Anything on the passport that is not in English or French should be translated (visas / stamps / bio page, if it is not in English or French).

You'll need to submit ALL the pages of the passport including empty pages.

If you have a stamp that is in both in English/French and a foreign language, then it should be okay if you don't translate this stamp but I would still recommend that you get these translated, just in case.

Here's the details on the PDF they attached.
Hi just checked my passport, everything (visas / stamps / bio page) has English accompanied with the original language, except for the very last page, where there is some notes regarding stuff like do not alter/damage the passport etc. and is only in the original language. Do I need to translate this page as well?

thebluegerkin

Jun 25, 2021
All but oath are completed but application is in progress for over a week now. Does anyone know what’s going on? Should I be worried?

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015

Good luck!
Question about the 12 months KPI , is it 12 months from receiving application or from AOR ? I am asking because all due dates in GCMS notes are exactly 12 months from AOR date

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
All but oath are completed but application is in progress for over a week now. Does anyone know what’s going on? Should I be worried?
That's Decision Made. When were your Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions set to "Completed"?

Also, if you check ECAS, you'll likely see "Decision Made".

The next step is oath.