+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience with Docsbase for translation of passport stamps (or other documents)

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
My interview is coming up on Monday and IRCC e-mailed me yesterday to request a translation of passport stamps that were in 3 different languages. I was bummed out and expected this to cost a few hundred dollars. In fact, a local translation service in Calgary quoted me a little over $200 with a 4-6 day turnaround.

I read some posts about docsbase on the forum so I thought I'd give them a try. To translate 7 stamps in 3 different languages, they quoted me $39 and a turnaround time of 2 business days, fully certified. o_O They then completed the work within 1 business day; just got the translations e-mailed to me a few hours ago. I was genuinely taken aback by how reasonable the quote was.

Since IRCC is being a PITA and requesting translations on short notice, I thought I'd come here and leave this recommendation for anyone who needs speedy translation services.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My interview is coming up on Monday and IRCC e-mailed me yesterday to request a translation of passport stamps that were in 3 different languages. I was bummed out and expected this to cost a few hundred dollars. In fact, a local translation service in Calgary quoted me a little over $200 with a 4-6 day turnaround.

I read some posts about docsbase on the forum so I thought I'd give them a try. To translate 7 stamps in 3 different languages, they quoted me $39 and a turnaround time of 2 business days, fully certified. o_O They then completed the work within 1 business day; just got the translations e-mailed to me a few hours ago. I was genuinely taken aback by how reasonable the quote was.

Since IRCC is being a PITA and requesting translations on short notice, I thought I'd come here and leave this recommendation for anyone who needs speedy translation services.
Thanks. Much appreciated!!

MericaEh

May 19, 2021

Thanks for sharing!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Helpful recommendation.

Since we’ve all gone through the PR process, IRCC has always required translations of any documents not in English or French, including stamps, so this should be expected.

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Helpful recommendation.

Since we’ve all gone through the PR process, IRCC has always required translations of any documents not in English or French, including stamps, so this should be expected.
I think the confusion arises because copies of stamp pages are not a requirement as per the citizenship application document checklist. They only require the biographical pages of the passport which, by ICAO rules, always have English or French.

In fact, when my spouse was granted citizenship in 2018 under the same rules, he was not asked to provide translations of stamps for the interview even though he has multiple stamps in different languages, and over 100 trips in total. He was just required to bring his original passports according to the interview invite. He had no issues at the interview - the officer had crosschecked every trip on the physical presence calculator against the CBSA entry log and was satisfied about the accuracy of the absences reported.

In my particular case, I was informed of my interview and requested to provide translated copies of stamps with only 5 days notice. Most local agencies take upwards of 7 business days to provide translations. I've read other accounts here of people given much less time by IRCC, hence my post.

From reading other posts on this forum, it appears to be common knowledge among some people that stamps need to be translated. However anyone following the citizenship application requirements to the letter will likely be taken by surprise at the last-minute request from IRCC.

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021

Hello there. My interview is on Monday at 7:30 AM but I didn’t notice that I gotta have the passport stamps translated. I only needed 3 stamps to be translated. Since I saw your post I decided to use Docsbase’s service as well.

I just want to know if you submitted an affidavit as well or was it not needed? How did your interview go?

I’m really antsy right now :(

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Hello there. My interview is on Monday at 7:30 AM but I didn’t notice that I gotta have the passport stamps translated. I only needed 3 stamps to be translated. Since I saw your post I decided to use Docsbase’s service as well.

I just want to know if you submitted an affidavit as well or was it not needed? How did your interview go?

I’m really antsy right now :(
I apologize, I did not see this message earlier! I'm guessing you finished your interview by now? Did you have any issues? Were your translations acceptable?

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
I apologize, I did not see this message earlier! I'm guessing you finished your interview by now? Did you have any issues? Were your translations acceptable?
No worries! I was about to do my interview early in the morning but 10 minutes before that an officer called my phone and told me that he would review the files I sent him last week, and that he didn’t need the feel like this would need an interview but he also told me he would let me know by the end of the day. It’s 5PM now but still no call:oops: Now I’m super anxious

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
No worries! I was about to do my interview early in the morning but 10 minutes before that an officer called my phone and told me that he would review the files I sent him last week, and that he didn’t need the feel like this would need an interview but he also told me he would let me know by the end of the day. It’s 5PM now but still no call:oops: Now I’m super anxious
This is the second post I've seen about a cancelled interview. Maybe they're streamlining the process now and only holding interviews when needed?

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
This is the second post I've seen about a cancelled interview. Maybe they're streamlining the process now and only holding interviews when needed?
I guess so. Now I'm back to the waiting game. My application is straightforward as I do not have much stamps in my passport. :(

amir_e

Feb 13, 2022
Is the interview the same as the citizenship test? Do they typically require to see the passport stamps during the online citizenship test?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is the interview the same as the citizenship test? Do they typically require to see the passport stamps during the online citizenship test?
No, they're not. Interviews are different - Some people receive an interview request and any document they submitted with their application could be verified (usually, they check the passport stamps, your ID). Not many people receive interview requests these days.

They don't ask you to show passport stamps during the citizenship test.

However, after the citizenship test, they will most likely ask you to submit all the pages of your passport (including the empty ones) so that they can verify the information you provided in the physical presence calculator.