+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What I meant was my test status was set to completed and then nothing afterwards: neither interview nor oath ceremony invite. So it'll probably take another month or so for any update to come in.
Oath will take time. Give it like 3 - 5 months (sometimes more) from the date your test status was set to "Completed".

You most likely won't get an interview (since you've not got one for this long).

I hope IRCC speeds up oaths like they have increased the volume of test invites.

Last edited:

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
What I meant was my test status was set to completed and then nothing afterwards: neither interview nor oath ceremony invite. So it'll probably take another month or so for any update to come in.
It will likely take longer, unless you are lucky or IRCC speeds up. Many are waiting 4 months or more easily. They have sent too many tests now and looks like have created a new backlog. Unless we see many report of Oaths coming forward on the forum, it is likely going to take a long time.

The spreadsheet is a good source of info, you can see how many Oaths have come for individuals starting May 2020 (don't think there are any). Jan to Apr are seeing activity, it is also plausible that IRCC may finalize for Oaths based on AOR date and not when test was taken.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I've checked with the admin of the spreadsheet about the status updates for the following members (who are NOT in this forum).

rafa_ret
sevoguy
Nasir60

The admin mentioned they 'don't chase the applicants to contribute' so these entries will likely remain incomplete as the likelihood of getting updates from those members is small. I am removing these entries on the spreadsheet as I hate incomplete data on the spreadsheet.

If necessary, they can join the forum and make an update with the dates gain and I'll be more than happy to add them back.
I'm for this. It really skews the calculations when data is incomplete.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hello September folks.
If you don't mind me hijacking this thread as a November applicant. But this forum seems the most knowledgeable! I applied mid November. Got an AOR in February then a BG complete status in mid April. If you were to guesstimate when I will receive the test invite ,and also if you could guestimate how long the process will take - what would your guesses be? The reason I ask is, I worked through the panedmic in healthcare. It was a very intense year and a half - and I finally want to take my vacation to see my parents. Fully vaccinated! Should I go for the month of July, or is that too sketchy in terms of I might receive the test invite at that time. Or should I wait for process to be completed to take ny Vacay. But how long will that be ? I'm tired. I need it soon. Sorry for this long inquiry, thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello September folks.
If you don't mind me hijacking this thread as a November applicant. But this forum seems the most knowledgeable! I applied mid November. Got an AOR in February then a BG complete status in mid April. If you were to guesstimate when I will receive the test invite ,and also if you could guestimate how long the process will take - what would your guesses be? The reason I ask is, I worked through the panedmic in healthcare. It was a very intense year and a half - and I finally want to take my vacation to see my parents. Fully vaccinated! Should I go for the month of July, or is that too sketchy in terms of I might receive the test invite at that time. Or should I wait for process to be completed to take ny Vacay. But how long will that be ? I'm tired. I need it soon. Sorry for this long inquiry, thanks in advance
If you are interested in getting your citizenship without having to add more time rescheduling test / oath, I would recommend that you stay until the process is over (at least the test is done) and then take your vacation. Oath could take a few months from the test / interview. However, after the test, wait for about 15 - 20 days to see if you get a interview invitation. However, please note that oath could come sooner than expected. How long are you planning on being away? This is only my opinion but if you are planning on taking a 1 - 1.5 month vacation, it might be safe to do so after the test and interview (if you get an interview, that is).

About the timelines, I'm not sure and a very ball park figure would be anywhere between 1 month and 5 months from now. Depends on the local office and many other factors. September has seen a lot of test invites lately but they are not in order of AOR or BG checks "completed" dates. There is no pattern to it. I'm waiting for a test invite myself (Dec 3, 2020 AOR / Jan 28, 2021 IP / March 9 BG Check and March 24 "Test Ready" status). Even though everything in my case points to me receiving a test invite soon, there is no guarantee that I will. I am not sure how some applicants get it soon and some get it late even though there is nothing else pending with the application - Files might get picked randomly OR there might be a method to this madness but who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maya88

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
If you are interested in getting your citizenship without having to add more time rescheduling test / oath, I would recommend that you stay until the process is over (at least the test is done) and then take your vacation. Oath could take a few months from the test / interview. However, after the test, wait for about 15 - 20 days to see if you get a test invitation. However, please note that oath could come sooner than expected. How long are you planning on being away? This is only my opinion but if you are planning on taking a 1 - 1.5 month vacation, it might be safe to do so after the test and interview (if you get an interview, that is).

About the timelines, I'm not sure and a very ball park figure would be anywhere between 1 month and 5 months from now. Depends on the local office and many other factors. September has seen a lot of test invites lately but they are not in order of AOR or BG checks "completed" dates. There is no pattern to it. I'm waiting for a test invite myself (Dec 3, 2020 AOR / Jan 28, 2021 IP / March 9 BG Check and March 24 "Test Ready" status). Even though everything in my case points to me receiving a test invite soon, there is no guarantee that I will. I am not sure how some applicants get it soon and some get it late even though there is nothing else pending with the application - Files might get picked randomly OR there might be a method to this madness but who knows?
I am truly grateful for your response. Thank you and yes you are right, it feels like a lottery. Especially if you compare across different months. Thanks again ♡

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Herr Bert

May 28, 2021
Hello,

My wife and I did our citizenship tests yesterday 12th June
We both passed (18/20 and 19/20)
Waiting for a probable interview invite now

I found the test quite easy
If you read the booklet well, and do the tests that are available (online and apps)
And if you regularly score 90% on them, you should pass

If you are smart enough to go through all the paperwork and hurdles to get to this point, you''ll probably clear this one with ease

Cheers

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

My wife and I did our citizenship tests yesterday 12th June
We both passed (18/20 and 19/20)
Waiting for a probable interview invite now

I found the test quite easy
If you read the booklet well, and do the tests that are available (online and apps)
And if you regularly score 90% on them, you should pass

If you are smart enough to go through all the paperwork and hurdles to get to this point, you''ll probably clear this one with ease

Cheers
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet!

Please keep me posted on any further updates to your application! Thanks!

Sep 1, 2020
Just took the test. 20/20. Now waiting for oath.

Read the book 3 times, did bunch of questions on the apps and websites (after few hundred questions on different platforms, most questions/resources tend to repeat things, which is nice i guess), and looked at @rajkamalmohanram 's and another person's summary on here, and took the test.

Very doable, and definitely not that difficult as people make it out to be.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just took the test. 20/20. Now waiting for oath.

Read the book 3 times, did bunch of questions on the apps and websites (after few hundred questions on different platforms, most questions/resources tend to repeat things, which is nice i guess), and looked at @rajkamalmohanram 's and another person's summary on here, and took the test.

Very doable, and definitely not that difficult as people make it out to be.
Congrats! Updated the spreadsheet!