+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Moonyflower

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.

Hi
I am new to the forum. started reading and found it very interesting to find people shares same worries and waiting. wish you all good luck.
i want to ask, what is the difference between background check and prohibition??? my prohibition and language skills as well as physical presence are still in progress.

this is my info

Citizenship Application:
Application type :single
Physical presence days: 1827
Application Sent (London, ON): 09 Sep 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): 14 Sep 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 09 Dec 2020
File Transferred & In-Process: 05 Feb 2021
Background verification activity status updated: 09 Mar 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated: 16 Apr 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test:
online between April 23, 2021 and May 13, 2021
Citizenship Test (Online):24 April 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated : 26 April 2021
Last system update :27 Apr 2021

AND i am still waiting for any updates.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi
I am new to the forum. started reading and found it very interesting to find people shares same worries and waiting. wish you all good luck.
i want to ask, what is the difference between background check and prohibition??? my prohibition and language skills as well as physical presence are still in progress.

this is my info

Citizenship Application:
Application type :single
Physical presence days: 1827
Application Sent (London, ON): 09 Sep 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): 14 Sep 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 09 Dec 2020
File Transferred & In-Process: 05 Feb 2021
Background verification activity status updated: 09 Mar 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated: 16 Apr 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test:
online between April 23, 2021 and May 13, 2021
Citizenship Test (Online):24 April 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated : 26 April 2021
Last system update :27 Apr 2021

AND i am still waiting for any updates.
I've added you to the spreadsheet. Could you please provide the date when you received the test invitation email, thanks!

Prohibitions, Language and Physical Presence will be set to "Completed" when your application goes to "Decision Made" status on ECAS. Prohibitions, I think, is one final check before they issue you an oath invitation. Prohibitions and the 2 other statuses as mentioned above will be set to "Completed" only before your oath goes to "In Progress" status.

UTYD

Dec 3, 2020
could I pls know what do they normally discuss during the interview after the CT? does the interview apply to everyone after the CT or they only request interviews on a case-by-case?

Reactions: Micho

Moonyflower

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
I've added you to the spreadsheet. Could you please provide the date when you received the test invitation email, thanks!

Prohibitions, Language and Physical Presence will be set to "Completed" when your application goes to "Decision Made" status on ECAS. Prohibitions, I think, is one final check before they issue you an oath invitation. Prohibitions and the 2 other statuses as mentioned above will be set to "Completed" only before your oath goes to "In Progress" status.
got my test invitation on 20 Apr 2021. my test status changed to completed on the Apr 26 not the 16.
it was send from office in niagara falls, does this mean my papers are processed there?

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
got my test invitation on 20 Apr 2021. my test status changed to completed on the Apr 26 not the 16.
it was send from office in niagara falls, does this mean my papers are processed there?
Updated the spreadsheet!

Very likely, yes - Your LVO might be Niagara falls.

Did you request urgent processing by any chance? Your application was processed sooner than most.

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi,

I have applied on Sep 1st and AOR on Nov 30, from Toronto with family. I don't see any update to my application after AOR, everything is in progress. Can I call CIC to check the status ? or do I wait ? not sure how many in this forum of same status of mine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I have applied on Sep 1st and AOR on Nov 30, from Toronto with family. I don't see any update to my application after AOR, everything is in progress. Can I call CIC to check the status ? or do I wait ? not sure how many in this forum of same status of mine.
From the spreadsheet, I see that your application went to "In Progress" on Feb 3rd. What the current status shown in ECAS?

Did you check the New Citizenship status Dashboard ? What's the status of your BG Checks?

You should know that most people in September are in the same situation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ECAS - In progress since Feb 02, 2021.
New Tracker - BG In progress. Last update on Apr 23, 2021
Thanks. If your BG Checks are still in Progress, then it is likely because your application is stuck either in criminality or security. In case of the former, you'll receive fingerprint requests. You might want to discuss with people here.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
I got the Test invite on 26th May and passed the test on 4th June (18 out of 20). CT is still shown as 'In Progress' in eCAS.
My wife got the CT invite 1 week later on 2nd June, passed the test 6 days after me on 10th June (20 out of 20). Her CT is updated to "Completed" in eCAS this morning (while mine is still in progress).
Two questions:
1) What the fuck?
2) Is it because she is more intelligent and got 20 on 20, her status got updated before me even though I passed the test 1 week before her ? :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got the Test invite on 26th May and passed the test on 4th June (18 out of 20). CT is still shown as 'In Progress' in eCAS.
My wife got the CT invite 1 week later than me on 2nd June, passed the test 6 days after me on 10th June (20 out of 20). Her CT is updated to "Completed" in eCAS this morning (while mine is still in progress).
Two questions:
1) What the fuck?
2) Is it because she is more intelligent and got 20 on 20, her status got updated before me even though I passed the test 1 week before her ? :)
ROFL!

I have seen a few cases where the CT is In Progress for a while after the test before it is set to Completed. Not sure why this is the case. Its been 10 days since you passed the test. Put in a webform asking if your test results were validated. A LOT of cases I've seen lately - This update happens within 1 - 2 days.

Questions : Did you see any popups during the test that said other tabs were open? Were the picture quality of your ID and your face clear?