+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
For those who applied for OWP, what did you put for original date of entry into Canada? Is that your first ever visit to Canada? If you have visited as a child, did you put that date? What if you don't know or don't remember that date because it was 20+ years ago?

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
For those who applied for OWP, what did you put for original date of entry into Canada? Is that your first ever visit to Canada? If you have visited as a child, did you put that date? What if you don't know or don't remember that date because it was 20+ years ago?
I put the date I last entered Canada under my current status. I've had two IEC work permits so I entered the date where I flagpoled at the border to get my current permit. My understanding is that the expected date is when you entered Canada under whatever your current status is (visitor visa, work permit, etc.). My most recent entry was the date we came back from our honeymoon.

It's a confusing question but they almost certainly don't expect you to remember a date from your childhood, especially if it was before passports were required to cross between Canada/US (which would have technically been my 'first entry' as well).

Reactions: wsidd

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I put the date I last entered Canada under my current status. I've had two IEC work permits so I entered the date where I flagpoled at the border to get my current permit. My understanding is that the expected date is when you entered Canada under whatever your current status is (visitor visa, work permit, etc.). My most recent entry was the date we came back from our honeymoon.

It's a confusing question but they almost certainly don't expect you to remember a date from your childhood, especially if it was before passports were required to cross between Canada/US (which would have technically been my 'first entry' as well).
Thank you!! That is very helpful! So if my spouse came in August under his current status as visitor, that date would be both original entry and most recent entry, correct?

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Thank you!! That is very helpful! So if my spouse came in August under his current status as visitor, that date would be both original entry and most recent entry, correct?
Assuming he hasn't left the country, yes, that's my understanding!

Reactions: wsidd

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Aplication sent: Sept 16 2019
Received: Sept 18 2019
Spousal and OWP..

How does it take to get AOR any ideas??

quete

Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone!
Here to share my frustration: I got a phone call yesterday from one of the CIC agents, telling me that my package was delivered damaged (sent it by Canada Post Xpress Letter with signature request - paper envelop), so half of it was gone T.T I had to send it again... anyway, here's my timeline so far:

App + OWP sent: 09/04
App received: 09/09
Phone call asking for resend half of my package: 09/30
App + OWP RE-sent: 10/01 (Canada Post Xpress Letter with signature request, plastic bubble-wrapped envelop <---- dont know why they didnt offer me this one in the first place -.- )

Good luck!

quete

Feb 19, 2019
Aplication sent: Sept 16 2019
Received: Sept 18 2019
Spousal and OWP..

How does it take to get AOR any ideas??
Based on other posts, like a month from the received date. So, your package was received on 09/18, you'll prolly get the AOR few days before 10/18...

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi everyone!
Here to share my frustration: I got a phone call yesterday from one of the CIC agents, telling me that my package was delivered damaged (sent it by Canada Post Xpress Letter with signature request - paper envelop), so half of it was gone T.T I had to send it again... anyway, here's my timeline so far:

App + OWP sent: 09/04
App received: 09/09
Phone call asking for resend half of my package: 09/30
App + OWP RE-sent: 10/01 (Canada Post Xpress Letter with signature request, plastic bubble-wrapped envelop <---- dont know why they didnt offer me this one in the first place -.- )

Good luck!
Oh gosh, that's horrible. Interesting as it shows they're at least opening packages from the beginning of the month. So sorry that you had to send yours again, that's so frustrating. :| I sent mine in a FedEx envelope in a large brown envelope as that's how we often send documents at my place of work anyway. Hopefully that's good enough!

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Ok, so my file finally is showing in ecas as received.... Now let's hope they don't send it back again....

Sent September 12th
Received according to Canada Post September 13th
Showing as received on ecas: October 2nd

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
Ok, so my file finally is showing in ecas as received.... Now let's hope they don't send it back again....

Sent September 12th
That’s awesome! How do you check on ecas? I tried with my UCI from previous visas but there was nothing. Also I’m not sure if it should appear under my name or my boyfriends (he’s sponsoring me). Thank you!

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
That’s awesome! How do you check on ecas? I tried with my UCI from previous visas but there was nothing. Also I’m not sure if it should appear under my name or my boyfriends (he’s sponsoring me). Thank you!
I believe your UCI stays the same but don't quote me on that. You should use your UCI and your information. It didn't give much at first but, for me it is a glimmer of hope..... Now just waiting on my AOR and crossing my fingers.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

Sent September 12th
Hi, Could you please guide me on how to check in ECAS?

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hi, Could you please guide me on how to check in ECAS?
First off do you have a UCI number? If you do go to the ecas site and use your UCI, name, birthdate, and your country born. If you don't have one you can also use your payment receipt. It's a number that starts with R.

Reactions: siham44