+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
This is also not true. Read this:

How long are biometrics valid?
If you are applying for a visitor visa or work / study permit, you only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. However, if you have an application refused and you later reapply, you will need to renew your biometrics.

If you are applying for permanent residence, IRCC says you will need to give your biometrics and pay the fee regardless of whether you provided your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application or a different application for permanent residence.

I got that information from this website (https://www.cicnews.com/2018/07/canadas-new-biometrics-rules-start-july-31-heres-what-you-need-to-know-0710947.html#gs.55acn0) and it's also available on the CIC website. Please pay for biometrics when applying for PR. You are not exempt.
Oh no. I did not pay for biometrics

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
This is also not true. Read this:

How long are biometrics valid?
If you are applying for a visitor visa or work / study permit, you only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. However, if you have an application refused and you later reapply, you will need to renew your biometrics.

If you are applying for permanent residence, IRCC says you will need to give your biometrics and pay the fee regardless of whether you provided your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application or a different application for permanent residence.

I got that information from this website (https://www.cicnews.com/2018/07/canadas-new-biometrics-rules-start-july-31-heres-what-you-need-to-know-0710947.html#gs.55acn0) and it's also available on the CIC website. Please pay for biometrics when applying for PR. You are not exempt.

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.”

Based on my understanding, this means if you are applying in Canada and being processed in Canada, ie, inland spousal sponsorship. Otherwise we’d all have to go back to the US/our home countries to get our biometrics taken (not impossible usually, but part of why many of us apply inland) since Canada has no system in place.

Whereas if you apply outland, even if you live in Canada, you must get biometrics.

At worst I suppose if you paid, you’ll get a refund. If you didn’t, there will be a delay (assuming the govt website is incorrect?). But I feel confident that inland applicabts CURRENTLY don’t pay for biometrics. This could change.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

This is the information I am referencing.

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
I did pay for biometrics... I did them earlier this year for my IEC, but I thought that you had to do them again if you’re applying for a PR! Ah well, I hope I get a refund if I didn’t need to...

Good luck to everybody :)

Reactions: Ella A

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
Sent courier today to CPC Mississauga.

Order of documents
IMM 5533 - Spouse checklist
IMM 5556 - OWP Checklist
OWP Barcode page
IMM 5720 - OWP application
OWP Supporting documents (Fees Receipt, Passport copy, Marriage certificate)
Barcode pages
IMM 1344 - Application to sponser
FEES RECEIPT
IMM 0008- Generic application
IMM 5406 - Family info
IMM 5669 - Background declaration
IMM 5532 - Relationship
Supporting documents of spouse, applicant, proof of cohabitation, proof of relationship, photos etc.

Fingers crossed.
Just a quick question. For the open work permit I attached:

-the check list (imm 5556)
- bar codes
- fees (255)
- form imm 5710 (you listed imm 5720? Is that correct?)
- the common law declaration since I’m not married (imm 5409)
- my passport main page and canadian stamps.

Is that right? Did you fill IMM5710 or 5720? Thanks so much :)

JayB2018

Sep 15, 2019
Hi everyone
Pr + OWP
Application sent - September 19th
Application received - September 23rd

Hoping for the best for everyone

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019

- bar codes
- fees (255)

I also submitted IMM 5710 (Application to Change Conditions , Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker).

I can't find any reference to IMM 5720 besides a "protected worker" form so I think the original post might be a typo. :)

Reactions: rorro

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
And re: biometrics, you can see in the spousal sponsorship tracker that we have never tracked biometrics for inland applicants, just medical. Outland applicants have a whole section for biometrics.

If you've already done a medical exam, that's fine. Otherwise they'll request it, and IIRC, you pay the doctor directly when you get the exam done. That is required but you aren't supposed to do it ahead of time unless you already have for immigration.

Reactions: Ella A and Manny777

Sidhu704

Jul 8, 2019
Hi everyone, my spousal file was received on 23 Sep 2019 at Mississauga. But my Vistor status got expire on 24 Sep 2019 ( as stemp on my pp). And now i m out of status. So anyone suggest me I can live legally in the mean time while my application is processed

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone, my spousal file was received on 23 Sep 2019 at Mississauga. But my Vistor status got expire on 24 Sep 2019 ( as stemp on my pp). And now i m out of status. So anyone suggest me I can live legally in the mean time while my application is processed
Hi,
Did you apply for OWP along with spousal sponsorship? If yes, then I believe you would have implied status.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

- bar codes
- fees (255)

My bad. Yes that's typo it's IMM5710.