+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I had already made a September tread before this one :) We sent the application express yesterday. Let's see how long this will take!

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Sent pr application on Sept 12th, confirmation of delivery received on the 13th, still nothing in ecas

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I'm curious what other people included as proof in their applications so if you'd like to share, please do so.

Context: I live with my wife and her parents currently. I'm from the US. We were married in July, received marriage certificate in early August, started putting together package and mailed yesterday (couriered, delivered and signed for by D. David today). Before living with her parents, we lived together in Vancouver. I've had two IEC work visas and am currently on the second (expires in February 2020). We applied with OWP.

Joint accounts: Bank, cell phone (cell phone bill only has one name on it so we submitted print out from website showing both of our names on file, with current address)
Govt issued IDs: My BCID, BC MSP, and BC Drivers License (temporary one as I can't receive a card yet). Her BCID and BC MSP cards
Other documents w/address: My personal chequing, her personal chequing, both of our credit card bills (several for each of us), executive summary from UFILE for my tax return (first time filing so no CRA account), notice of assessment for me, printout from the website our company uses to produce paystubs (we work at the same office) - we use digital paystubs now that don't have addresses on them so I included this since it has my name/address/contact information

Important documents showing we are recognised as each other's spouses: Life insurance benefits from us both to each other
Documentary evidence of financial support: Paypal account (in my name), connected to joint bank account. I provided a short letter explaining and detailing transactions so it could easily be seen that the accounts are attached and used between us both for online purchases
Other proof: 3 letters (one from her mother, one from my father, one from our close friend and a member of our bridal party), printouts of Facebook statuses/tagged posts of our public relationship, including announcement when we started dating, announcement of engagement, posts about our visits to each other, my dad tagging us both in posts for Christmas visits, our 1 year anniversary posts, and finally our wedding.

Since we don't have any rental agreements/leases I tried to include as much documentary evidence of our address as possible. That's my main concern - that they will ask for more proof of cohabitation. Thankfully we can provide more letters and more evidence/mail if we need to, and our address is on things like our life insurance, but that's my main concern.

Hoping things move quickly for us all :)

Reactions: Krysse and Manny777

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I'm curious what other people included as proof in their applications so if you'd like to share, please do so.

Context: I live with my wife and her parents currently. I'm from the US. We were married in July, received marriage certificate in early August, started putting together package and mailed yesterday (couriered, delivered and signed for by D. David today). Before living with her parents, we lived together in Vancouver. I've had two IEC work visas and am currently on the second (expires in February 2020). We applied with OWP.

Joint accounts: Bank, cell phone (cell phone bill only has one name on it so we submitted print out from website showing both of our names on file, with current address)
Govt issued IDs: My BCID, BC MSP, and BC Drivers License (temporary one as I can't receive a card yet). Her BCID and BC MSP cards
Other documents w/address: My personal chequing, her personal chequing, both of our credit card bills (several for each of us), executive summary from UFILE for my tax return (first time filing so no CRA account), notice of assessment for me, printout from the website our company uses to produce paystubs (we work at the same office) - we use digital paystubs now that don't have addresses on them so I included this since it has my name/address/contact information

Important documents showing we are recognised as each other's spouses: Life insurance benefits from us both to each other
Documentary evidence of financial support: Paypal account (in my name), connected to joint bank account. I provided a short letter explaining and detailing transactions so it could easily be seen that the accounts are attached and used between us both for online purchases
Other proof: 3 letters (one from her mother, one from my father, one from our close friend and a member of our bridal party), printouts of Facebook statuses/tagged posts of our public relationship, including announcement when we started dating, announcement of engagement, posts about our visits to each other, my dad tagging us both in posts for Christmas visits, our 1 year anniversary posts, and finally our wedding.

Since we don't have any rental agreements/leases I tried to include as much documentary evidence of our address as possible. That's my main concern - that they will ask for more proof of cohabitation. Thankfully we can provide more letters and more evidence/mail if we need to, and our address is on things like our life insurance, but that's my main concern.

Hoping things move quickly for us all :)
Your list looks perfect for me. Things would be fine. Dont worry!!

I have attached rental agreement, joint bank account, bank Statements with the address, Insurance mentioning as spouse, FB page stating we are married to each other and our Marriage certificate.

Reactions: simoneleah

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Your list looks perfect for me. Things would be fine. Dont worry!!

I have attached rental agreement, joint bank account, bank Statements with the address, Insurance mentioning as spouse, FB page stating we are married to each other and our Marriage certificate.
Thank you for the reassurance; it really means a lot. :) Weirdly, despite reading so many of these pages and knowing what other people have done...I still feel paranoid, lol. I also get the feeling rental agreements are a big deal with inland sponsorships so we were extra concerned with having tons of other evidence, haha

samjp

Aug 12, 2019
Question about the fees..
Did you guys attach a separate payment receipt of $255 for the work permit or just pay it all together ($1040 + $85 for biometrics + $255 work permit = $1380) and include one copy with the work permit and one copy with the spousal application? Sending our application tomorrow and just want to make sure fees are correct!

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Question about the fees..
Did you guys attach a separate payment receipt of $255 for the work permit or just pay it all together ($1040 + $85 for biometrics + $255 work permit = $1380) and include one copy with the work permit and one copy with the spousal application? Sending our application tomorrow and just want to make sure fees are correct!
Separate receipts. Also if you’re inland you don’t have to pay biometrics.

I believe you have to pay the fees separately regardless so you should have two receipts. $1040 goes with your main application as noted on the checklist. OWP fees receipt ($255) goes with your OWP (I used the checklist and have the fees in order with supporting documents, however that’s listed).

I don’t have the link handy but you should be able to find where on CIC it says not to submit payment for biometrics (we’re exempt because there’s no way to collect them properly in Canada) and there are also a couple of different explanations of what order to put your receipts.

It’s my understanding that OWP gets sent to a separate office for processing so it makes sense to me that you would have a separate receipt for the fees.

samjp

Aug 12, 2019

I believe you have to pay the fees separately regardless so you should have two receipts. $1040 goes with your main application as noted on the checklist. OWP fees receipt ($255) goes with your OWP (I used the checklist and have the fees in order with supporting documents, however that’s listed).

I don’t have the link handy but you should be able to find where on CIC it says not to submit payment for biometrics (we’re exempt because there’s no way to collect them properly in Canada) and there are also a couple of different explanations of what order to put your receipts.

It’s my understanding that OWP gets sent to a separate office for processing so it makes sense to me that you would have a separate receipt for the fees.
Okay that's what I was thinking. I must have missed the part about the biometrics exemption too so good to know. Thank you!

Ella A

Sep 12, 2019
We are not exempt from biometrics. If you don’t pay it now, you will have to pay it later. In fact, it is advised that delays could be avoided by paying for biometrics along with your application.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Anyone in visit visa and applied for Sponsorship and ex
We are not exempt from biometrics. If you don’t pay it now, you will have to pay it later. In fact, it is advised that delays could be avoided by paying for biometrics along with your application.
I would also agree, we are not exempt from Biometrics. However, since biometrics are valid for 10 years. Inland applicants would have already taken one and they don't have do again.

Ella A

Sep 12, 2019
This is also not true. Read this:

How long are biometrics valid?
If you are applying for a visitor visa or work / study permit, you only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. However, if you have an application refused and you later reapply, you will need to renew your biometrics.

If you are applying for permanent residence, IRCC says you will need to give your biometrics and pay the fee regardless of whether you provided your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application or a different application for permanent residence.

I got that information from this website (https://www.cicnews.com/2018/07/canadas-new-biometrics-rules-start-july-31-heres-what-you-need-to-know-0710947.html#gs.55acn0) and it's also available on the CIC website. Please pay for biometrics when applying for PR. You are not exempt.

Anyone in visit visa and applied for Sponsorship and ex

I would also agree, we are not exempt from Biometrics. However, since biometrics are valid for 10 years. Inland applicants would have already taken one and they don't have do again.