+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hello Guys… approximate how many days before you receive a citizenship oath instruction email before scheduled date?
Anecdotally, I'm reading a couple of weeks from the Oath notification on your IRCC status page and the actual date, itself.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Anecdotally, I'm reading a couple of weeks from the Oath notification on your IRCC status page and the actual date, itself.
Hey chs, have you received the oath invite yet? Mercedes++ (October 2019 applicant from Montreal), who has a very similar timeline to yours, was scheduled for Oct 5th...

Hi All,

Please update my profile. My tracker shows that I'm invite to take the Oath on October 5th 2021. Citizenship oath activity status updated to In progress on Sep 21st.

Thank you,

• Sad
Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hey chs, have you received the oath invite yet? Mercedes++ (October 2019 applicant from Montreal), who has a very similar timeline to yours, was scheduled for Oct 5th...
I have not; just checked. The scheduling appears to be somewhat arbitrary; I've given up on trying to determine when that magical status change will happen. By all accounts, this particular person came after me in all aspects, yet got Oath before me - I am mystified. Not the first and certainly won't be the last time, I'm sure. :/

Edit: I just checked the spreadsheet and this user appears to be an anomaly; VERY few Montreal applicants have gotten the Oath in 2021, which is somewhat worrisome. I hope this person is the start of opening the floodgates for the Oaths.

Odd question - why couldn't they just hold Oath ceremonies in an open-air stadium, people spaced 2m apart, 100 per ceremony? Could probably bang out 1,000 a day, if one was aggressive enough... I don't care if it's sideways rain, I would take that option tomorrow if it was available.

Last edited:

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I have not; just checked. The scheduling appears to be somewhat arbitrary; I've given up on trying to determine when that magical status change will happen. By all accounts, this particular person came after me in all aspects, yet got Oath before me - I am mystified. Not the first and certainly won't be the last time, I'm sure. :/

Edit: I just checked the spreadsheet and this user appears to be an anomaly; VERY few Montreal applicants have gotten the Oath in 2021, which is somewhat worrisome. I hope this person is the start of opening the floodgates for the Oaths.

Odd question - why couldn't they just hold Oath ceremonies in an open-air stadium, people spaced 2m apart, 100 per ceremony? Could probably bang out 1,000 a day, if one was aggressive enough... I don't care if it's sideways rain, I would take that option tomorrow if it was available.
The invitation, as well as tracker status change, can happen one week before the actual oath (like for Grand Jumper). Hopefully, we'll get invited in October or November...

• Haha

Onarian

Sep 23, 2021
Hi guys, newbie here!

I've completed and passed the citizenship test in June 2021. Later in early July, I received an interview invitation which was cancelled just a few days after.
I've sent them my travel documents as requested and since then nothing....
I've also checked my online application status and it says the only steps left is the oath, how long is this supposed to take (it's been 2 months already since the invitation cancellation)???

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys, newbie here!

I've completed and passed the citizenship test in June 2021. Later in early July, I received an interview invitation which was cancelled just a few days after.
I've sent them my travel documents as requested and since then nothing....
I've also checked my online application status and it says the only steps left is the oath, how long is this supposed to take (it's been 2 months already since the invitation cancellation)???
Nobody here can give you the correct answer, only approximations...
If IRCC did not contact you and your tracker does not show "waiting on you", you just have to wait...

You can try to get yourself busy by looking at and analyzing this spreadsheet. People noticed that there is no logic in it. Still, you can get some info from there:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=270862106

kzaman

May 31, 2015
Hi Guys,
Just checked IRCC tracker today and found that all the Sections (Prohibitions, Language Skills and Physical presence) are now "Complete" (except for Citizenship Ceremony) as of 16 September 2021. ECAS also updated to "Decision Made". Would appreciate if someone can update the tracker.

Any idea how long it will take for Oath?

Mercedes++

Oct 5, 2019

I don't think I am an anomaly. I know 2 friends from Montreal who got invited to oath similarly a little more than 2 months after passing the test in 2021. I am sure yours is coming. I am pretty certain lot of people no longer provide details here when they reach these last steps.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi Guys,
Just checked IRCC tracker today and found that all the Sections (Prohibitions, Language Skills and Physical presence) are now "Complete" (except for Citizenship Ceremony) as of 16 September 2021. ECAS also updated to "Decision Made". Would appreciate if someone can update the tracker.

If you search the site (even this thread), there are multiple people responding to more or less the same question - Short answer is "No one knows".

Congrats on DM, regardless; one less hurdle to clear.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I don't think I am an anomaly. I know 2 friends from Montreal who got invited to oath similarly a little more than 2 months after passing the test in 2021. I am sure yours is coming. I am pretty certain lot of people no longer provide details here when they reach these last steps.
Thanks for the well-wishes; I genuinely hope it's coming soon as well. I think you're probably right as well, in that the level of interest in forums such as this drops off quickly once they cross that final finishing line.

Congrats on getting the Oath, regardless; it's a Big Deal (tm) ;)

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

Congrats! Did you receive a request to submit a cooy of your passports before the DM?

Ziad81

Oct 1, 2019
My wife and I are Montreal applicants. I applied in October 2019, did my test on April 16th, the test status changed to complete on April 21st, and nothing since then. On the other hand, my wife is July 2019 applicant, she did her test on May 26, status changed to complete on June 3rd, and nothing after.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
That's what I thought when I saw someone has been waiting since Jan 2021 for the oath, only to appear the other day confirming they are indeed still waiting. It all depends on the officer and on their personal and psychological moods. If they were bipolar, they would act in alternating waves of speed. If they are depressed, then it would be slow all along ... etc. There is no specific timelines for them to finish the next step.