+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
I thought it looked familiar - no problem with it, whatsoever! I think I cobbled mine together from multiple folks' as well. Our dates are very similar, except that your office is Scarborough, which has a higher caseload than Montreal, so there may be some similar delays that we're experiencing here. It's good that everything but the Oath has been completed; you shouldn't get any more requests from IRCC until launch time.

Best of luck.
Thanks, chs! Yes, the wait for the test and DM was so long and frustrating. Not sure whether it's coincidence or not. Both my test invite and DM came after I called IRCC. Hopefully the wait for oath won't be that long. Best of luck to you too!

Reactions: wstrn24 and chs

freediagram

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Not sure whether it's coincidence or not. Both my test invite and DM came after I called IRCC.
May I ask, how were you able to talk to IRCC agents when you called? I have been trying to reach them and they keep saying they are not answering any questions unless it's about the situation in Afghanistan.

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
May I ask, how were you able to talk to IRCC agents when you called? I have been trying to reach them and they keep saying they are not answering any questions unless it's about the situation in Afghanistan.
Yes, I tried many times too. Most of the time, it was the automatic voice message saying that they couldn't transfer my call. I was lucky to finally get through to talk to real agents twice. I applied for urgent processing in order to apply to a job three times via web form. I told the agents about that, then they checked that for me. But they didn't provide any details other than that the requests were forwarded to the relevant agent. I don't think my urgent process request was approved because it took more than three months for me to receive DM after taking the test. But I did get the DM the second day after I talked to the agent on phone the second time. Not sure it's conincidence or not.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hello Friends,
Our citizenship ceremony is completed on Oct 4. It went very smooth. Our new tracker shows status “Application closed”
We are now Canadian citizen
All the best of you guys as well…
Cheers….

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hello Friends,
Our citizenship ceremony is completed on Oct 4. It went very smooth. Our new tracker shows status “Application closed”
We are now Canadian citizen
All the best of you guys as well…
Cheers….
Congrats bud. A great step towards certainty :)

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yes, I tried many times too. Most of the time, it was the automatic voice message saying that they couldn't transfer my call. I was lucky to finally get through to talk to real agents twice. I applied for urgent processing in order to apply to a job three times via web form. I told the agents about that, then they checked that for me. But they didn't provide any details other than that the requests were forwarded to the relevant agent. I don't think my urgent process request was approved because it took more than three months for me to receive DM after taking the test. But I did get the DM the second day after I talked to the agent on phone the second time. Not sure it's conincidence or not.
Wow, you managed to get through - no small feat, that! I keep getting the message that, unless I have an urgent (as in, life threatening) request, please hang up.

limon01

Jan 14, 2016
Hi
My tracker was finally updated! My oath was scheduled on October 26, 2021.
Office Vancouver
Application sent September 2019
Test completed June 4 2021
DM: July 15, 2021
Oath: October 26, 2021

Good luck to everyone!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi
My tracker was finally updated! My oath was scheduled on October 26, 2021.
Office Vancouver
Application sent September 2019
Test completed June 4 2021
DM: July 15, 2021
Oath: October 26, 2021

Good luck to everyone!
Good on you; hopefully that means that Montreal will be following suit soon with similar timelines... one can hope.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test done in March. Tracker updated on July 30th, 2021 with all checks complete.
After that silence. Over 2 years now. :mad:

Last edited:

sunnyakasandy

Jan 2, 2017
Hi All,

My Oath is schedule for October 21 but I have not received any instructions email or webmail. Can you please share when did you get yours via email or mail?

Sandy

Reactions: rhi

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi All,

My Oath is schedule for October 21 but I have not received any instructions email or webmail. Can you please share when did you get yours via email or mail?

Sandy
I got the instructions email one week before exact to my oath ceremony

Reactions: sunnyakasandy