Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
Hi, everyone, I finally get my oath date, Oct 28th. I called IRCC today and was lucky to get through on my third try. But I don't think the notice is because the phone call today. The agent on the phone gave me a lecture, told me that my processing time is long because I submitted request via webform three times. Although there's no response to those requests and I submitted additional documents each time. She said it takes time to process those requests, and it slows the processing of my application. And there's no estimate of processing time of either the application or the urgent request. And every case is different. Anyway, after the phone call, I emailed Scarborough center directly. They replied very quickly that they forwarded my email to the responsible unit. And then in the evening, I received email from Scarborough center notifying me of the oath date of Oct28. Finally! Hope this helps if anyone is also trying to get the oath date. And good luck to everyone!

Reactions: SShehata

LA89

Dec 19, 2013
Hi,

Please how did you contact the Scarborough centre?

Hi, everyone, I finally get my oath date, Oct 28th. I called IRCC today and was lucky to get through on my third try. But I don't think the notice is because the phone call today. The agent on the phone gave me a lecture, told me that my processing time is long because I submitted request via webform three times. Although there's no response to those requests and I submitted additional documents each time. She said it takes time to process those requests, and it slows the processing of my application. And there's no estimate of processing time of either the application or the urgent request. And every case is different. Anyway, after the phone call, I emailed Scarborough center directly. They replied very quickly that they forwarded my email to the responsible unit. And then in the evening, I received email from Scarborough center notifying me of the oath date of Oct28. Finally! Hope this helps if anyone is also trying to get the oath date. And good luck to everyone!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi, how did you "get through on the third try"? What options did you press on the phone? They say they're only accepting phone calls from applicants that are affected by the Afghanistan crisis, have urgent processing needs due to imminent threat to life or health or address changes. I would love to call, but do not wish to misrepresent my status to them as none of those three are applicable.

carguy

Dec 15, 2014
Hello Fellow Hopefuls,
I am waiting for my Oath Ceremony Date & received this wonderful email from IRCC. Ottawa Office.

Dear A*****,

Thank you for following up on your Canadian citizenship application.

Our citizenship ceremonies have recently been cancelled due to measures put in place in response to COVID-19. To reiterate what is currently on our website, we are currently scheduling some applicants for a video oath ceremony, so please wait for us to contact you.

Please note that this email address does not accept special requests due to the volume of requests. IRCC will contact you if we require any further information, or when you and any associated family members will be scheduled for a virtual ceremony.

IRCC continues to work towards providing the Oath of citizenship to applicants. Please note that we have large volumes and that it may take some time until you receive a notice regarding your Oath of citizenship. To view the status of you application, please visit your IRCC secure account or you can contact the IRCC Client Support Centre services at 1-888-242-2100.

If you believe your case is urgent, you can refer to website Apply for citizenship: Urgent processing for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.

We thank you for your patience during these difficult times.

Sincerely,

IRCC

S.C

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

LA89

Dec 19, 2013

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I emailed to the following address, which I found on this forum,

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

In their reply, I found out that the above is the email for e-Application. They then forwarded my email to the following ceremony group for review,
IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

The ceremony group then replied to me with the oath date.
Hi, @linyjing, how did you navigate the phone tree? I'd love to call, but don't want to risk angering the IRCC gods (any more than I probably already have, haha!)

Cheers

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hello Fellow Hopefuls,
I am waiting for my Oath Ceremony Date & received this wonderful email from IRCC. Ottawa Office.

Dear A*****,

Thank you for following up on your Canadian citizenship application.

Our citizenship ceremonies have recently been cancelled due to measures put in place in response to COVID-19. To reiterate what is currently on our website, we are currently scheduling some applicants for a video oath ceremony, so please wait for us to contact you.

Please note that this email address does not accept special requests due to the volume of requests. IRCC will contact you if we require any further information, or when you and any associated family members will be scheduled for a virtual ceremony.

IRCC continues to work towards providing the Oath of citizenship to applicants. Please note that we have large volumes and that it may take some time until you receive a notice regarding your Oath of citizenship. To view the status of you application, please visit your IRCC secure account or you can contact the IRCC Client Support Centre services at 1-888-242-2100.

If you believe your case is urgent, you can refer to website Apply for citizenship: Urgent processing for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.

We thank you for your patience during these difficult times.

Sincerely,

IRCC

S.C

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
I am not surprised, basically, they are not saying when you are gonna get the oath invite. I got a similar response saying, only I am waiting for the test. March 2020 applicant from Ottawa.
IRCC Ottawa is likely sleeping on the applications.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
Hi, @linyjing, how did you navigate the phone tree? I'd love to call, but don't want to risk angering the IRCC gods (any more than I probably already have, haha!)

Cheers
Hi, @chs , I think I pressed 1-1-2-0 after the UCI part. But to be honest, I don't think my phone call to IRCC helped me getting my oath date. I think what helped was probably that my email was forwarded to the ceremony unit of the Scarbourough processing center. The agent I talked to during my last phone call, was quite upset and basically told me that it's my fault that the processing time of my case was long, because I submitted webforms and called them, increased their work load. And she did not give me any information either.
Anyway, best wishes to you. Hope you will get your oath date soon!

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi, @chs , I think I pressed 1-1-2-0 after the UCI part. But to be honest, I don't think my phone call to IRCC helped me getting my oath date. I think what helped was probably that my email was forwarded to the ceremony unit of the Scarbourough processing center. The agent I talked to during my last phone call, was quite upset and basically told me that it's my fault that the processing time of my case was long, because I submitted webforms and called them, increased their work load. And she did not give me any information either.
Anyway, best wishes to you. Hope you will get your oath date soon!
Ah, okay. How did you get the email? I'd like to email the Montreal one, myself...

(And thank you for the well wishes)

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Guys, I am stoked ! ...I have not received any email yet ..Is this normal ?

Annotation-2021-10-20-083203
Usually a week before the ceremony, you'll get the date. I'm not sure what the timeframe is between the status update and getting the actual email, however. Oh, and congratulations!

Last edited:

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
Ah, okay. How did you get the email? I'd like to email the Montreal one, myself...

(And thank you for the well wishes)
Someone posted in this forum. I checked most recent posts on Scarborough center and found it. Sorry I don't know the Montreal one. Maybe try search in this forum or ask anyone who recently communicated with Montreal center via email? Good Luck!

Reactions: chs