+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Onarian

Sep 23, 2021
guys I just got the invite for the ceremony today!!!!!!

1. Passed the test in June 2021
2. Got my oath ceremony invite Sept 23rd (WATERLOO, ON) - will take place on October 5th 2021

Reactions: chs

Onarian

Sep 23, 2021
Anyone knows how long the online ceremony takes? I may need to reschedule due to work reasons but I really don't want to.
The notice states it can take up to 3 hours, I'm hoping it can only take 1, is it realistic?

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Anyone knows how long the online ceremony takes? I may need to reschedule due to work reasons but I really don't want to.
The notice states it can take up to 3 hours, I'm hoping it can only take 1, is it realistic?
Some provinces offer 4 hours Citizenship ceremony leaves:
Employees are eligible for citizenship ceremony leave if they have been employed at least 90 days with the same employer. Employees are only eligible for this leave once, upon acquiring Canadian citizenship. Employees with less than 90 days of employment may still be granted leave.

Navg

Sep 24, 2021
Hi my family citizenship application reached on Sept 11, 2019. My citizenship test was completed on 9th of August, 2021. My last status was updated to completed on 25th of August 2021. Next step is citizenship ceremony. Anyone with similar updates?

Navg

Sep 24, 2021
I got a very hard question for you.

Here it's written: "If you’re re-entering Canada by commercial vehicle and have an expired PR card, get your PRTD to re-enter Canada."
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065

The question is: Why do they say commercial vehicle and not just vehicle?
Bro, commercial vehicles are being used for cross border jobs. Such as Semi tractor trailers(truck drivers). All other vehicles are considered private.

Navg

Sep 24, 2021
One possibility is that they have requested for a photocopy of your travel documents (passports) for the duration of your eligibility period. But this is just a guess. Usually, if they send a request via e-mail, you will receive that e-mail within 2-5 business days. My suggestion will be to try calling them or completing a web form.
It happened to me twice. My status was updated to waiting on you(interview required). But I haven't received any email for further instructions. When I contacted them they said, you'll be rescheduled for interview. And after few days my status was updated again with same message. When I contacted again, they said it a routine process and you need not any interview and your next step will be passport request. I wondered how they work. But you know we can't do anything. Now my status reads 5 out of 6 categories are completed, only citizenship ceremony is pending.

Navg

Sep 24, 2021
Hi Guys,
Just checked IRCC tracker today and found that all the Sections (Prohibitions, Language Skills and Physical presence) are now "Complete" (except for Citizenship Ceremony) as of 16 September 2021. ECAS also updated to "Decision Made". Would appreciate if someone can update the tracker.

Any idea how long it will take for Oath?
No idea dear. I have the same status as you do. It was last updated on 25th August 2021. Didn't hear anything from them yet. But my new tracker still shows "in process".

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Totally agree with Orgcom. Unless you are a surgeon going for life saving operation or a contractor where missing the meeting that day losses in more than a Billion Dollar. If that does not apply to you attend Citizenship ceremony or wait for year. And you don't know what comes that day!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I've heard upwards of a couple of hours. Clear the decks; unless you're receiving the Queen or Trudeau personally, this should take precedence. ;-)

aeyshahk

Sep 9, 2021
No idea dear. I have the same status as you do. It was last updated on 25th August 2021. Didn't hear anything from them yet. But my new tracker still shows "in process".
I have DM status since 26 July but still no call for Oath.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
There is FB Group for 2019 (& Earlier) applicants who have NOT yet received test invite.

Purpose of the group is to Advocate for prioritizing Citizenship applications of 2019 (& before) that have not yet received a test invite. Have collective strategy to raise voice on Social Media, contact MPs, and any other available forum / remedy (including Mandamus).
Let's join hands and raise collective voice, else we might have to wait for another year or two.

If you are one of the forgotten ones, Let's join hands and raise collective voice. https://www.facebook.com/groups/255961366443064
Alas, I'm not joining Facebook, so will have to settle for reports from it (It also doesn't appear to be heavily active?) Are there any non-FB groups that are talking about this issue in a way that will help move the needle forward?

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
Hi, I haven't posted here before. I am a Sep 2019 applicant. I took the test in June and just got DM yesterday. Now wait for the oath. Hopefully this won't be too long. Following are details on my case. @chs, sorry that I copied your template without asking. Hope you are all right with it. Thanks!

Old Citizenship Tracker:
City of Filing:
Toronto, single
Processing Center: Scarborough
Application delivered: September 10, 2019
AOR: November 26, 2019
Started Processing: January 7, 2020
Test invite letter sent: February 19, 2020
Test invite date: March 18, 2020 (CANCELLED - COVID)
New Test Email Date Received: June 16, 2021
New Test Date (Online): June 18, 2021
Test Results: PASS (Confirmed 3 days after test, June 21, 2021)

New Citizenship Tracker:
Language Skills:
Completed (Sep 29, 2021)
Background verification:
Completed (Jan 9, 2020)
Physical Presence:
Completed (Sep 29, 2021)
Prohibitions: Completed (Sep 29, 2021)
Citizenship Test:
Completed (June 21, 2021)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Last edited:
Reactions: chs and CaBeaver

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi, I haven't posted here before. I am a Sep 2019 applicant. I took the test in June and just got DM yesterday. Now wait for the oath. Hopefully this won't be too long. Following are details on my case. @chs, sorry that I copied your template without asking. Hope you are all right with it. Thanks!

Old Citizenship Tracker:
City of Filing:
Toronto, single
Processing Center: Scarborough
Application delivered: September 10, 2019
AOR: November 26, 2019
Started Processing: January 7, 2020
Test invite letter sent: February 19, 2020
Test invite date: March 18, 2020 (CANCELLED - COVID)
New Test Email Date Received: June 16, 2021
New Test Date (Online): June 18, 2021
Test Results: PASS (Confirmed 3 days after test, June 21, 2021)

New Citizenship Tracker:
Language Skills:
Completed (Sep 29, 2021)
Background verification:
Completed (Jan 9, 2020)
Physical Presence:
Completed (Sep 29, 2021)
Prohibitions: Completed (Sep 29, 2021)
Citizenship Test:
Completed (June 21, 2021)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started
I thought it looked familiar - no problem with it, whatsoever! I think I cobbled mine together from multiple folks' as well. Our dates are very similar, except that your office is Scarborough, which has a higher caseload than Montreal, so there may be some similar delays that we're experiencing here. It's good that everything but the Oath has been completed; you shouldn't get any more requests from IRCC until launch time.

Best of luck.

Reactions: linyjing