+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

PawManya

Aug 27, 2015
Is it normal for the online tracker to say "Waiting for you" while I have no idea what they are waiting for? It's currently showing in prohibitions stage. The last update was when IRCC asked for my fingerprints and I completed that last month.

After one month the tracker updated with fingerprints received and then "waiting for you". It states that they sent me an email with instructions but I swear I didn't receive anything and it's been 8 days like that. Checked the spam folder as well. Any ideas what it might be?
One possibility is that they have requested for a photocopy of your travel documents (passports) for the duration of your eligibility period. But this is just a guess. Usually, if they send a request via e-mail, you will receive that e-mail within 2-5 business days. My suggestion will be to try calling them or completing a web form.

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
As said by others most likely depends on the office.

I just came to know yesterday that a significant number of agents are currently being shifted to handle the process of the Afghan refugees Canada has committed to take. What was initially laid out to be a 2 years plan needs now to be finalized in 2 weeks.

That doesn’t explain the experience long time since February, but the prioritization of the Afghan refugees may even add some more wait time to the various parts of the process.
So this will last 2 weeks then back to normal? Just checking since its been exactly two weeks since you posted this.

Yes from an IRRC agent who I know personally in my extended circle.
Can you ask the logic why some 2020 and 2021 applicants are getting processed faster while 2019 applicants are left waiting? Shouldn't the priority be handling applicants who applied more than 2 years ago?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
<snip>
Can you ask the logic why some 2020 and 2021 applicants are getting processed faster while 2019 applicants are left waiting? Shouldn't the priority be handling applicants who applied more than 2 years ago?
I think logic went out the window some time ago. If I were a betting man, I would say that it was due to the application process being digitized starting in 2020 and us 2019 luddites having the unfortunate luck of only being able to send in paper applications, which are taking significantly longer to process.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
So this will last 2 weeks then back to normal? Just checking since its been exactly two weeks since you posted this.

Hi,

As I mentioned the person is from the extended circle and I find inappropriate to question that person about their work as this person is following the orders and not giving the orders.

Being a citizenship applicant myself I don’t want to go near anywhere where I could risk the integrity of my application to be jeopardized therefore I will resist the temptation to question an IRRC agent outside the official ways/channels.

Thank you for your understanding.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 &amp; PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Seems like there is no real update on our applications this week so far… anybody here got decision made in old ecas and waiting on oath invite since July … i am waiting on this step since July 15….

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Reactions: CaBeaver

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Winnipeg office
Waiting for Oath appointment since end of July - hoping it's soon, but I'm being realistic that it may take longer - much, much longer. I'm in the Montreal office, which (if memory serves) seems to have the second highest level of applicants outside of Scarborough, so it seems almost hopelessly bogged down.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Plz update tracker…Hello Hello…guys…. I just got update for Oath ceremony…. I am scheduled for the same on Oct 4…. Al the best for all my fellas ……

Reactions: Hapique and chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Plz update tracker…Hello Hello…guys…. I just got update for Oath ceremony…. I am scheduled for the same on Oct 4…. Al the best for all my fellas ……
So around 2.5 months for you from DM to Oath notification.. hope springs eternal, yet! ;-)

Congratulations!

Reactions: rhi

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
So around 2.5 months for you from DM to Oath notification.. hope springs eternal, yet! ;-)

Congratulations!
Thank you….

W.khan

Sep 20, 2021
Hello,

Per the tracker, my oath ceremony was supposed to be on the 21st but got pushed to september 11th. I haven't received an email with the invite yet and reached out via the webform a few weeks ago. I got a generic "decision has been made we will contact you soon". Is there a number I can contact ?
Mine is scheduled of November 17, 2021. Is it a tentative date only?

BeingRamy

Jun 20, 2019
Wrote my test on May 21st. Got updated to pass on August 4th. Since then silence. It has been more than 4 months and still waiting for oath ceremony :(

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed the test March 25, 2021 and all checks completed as per tracker on July 30, 2021. Since then no update at all.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hello Guys… approximate how many days before you receive a citizenship oath instruction email before scheduled date?